It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helen Thomas tells Playboy: Jews 'control' White House

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by backinblack

Okay, Back in black, I'm gonna back the dude here.
It seems from your "where there's smoke there's fire" post, that you seem to think there was good reason for centuries of persecution against Jews in Europe. I've got no idea if that's what you meant or not, but that's kinda what it looks like.
Was that what you were getting at?

No, I don't know what reasons there were but it seems to me the sympathy card gets played a lot..
I'd just like to know if there's any truth in the statement..

Did the jews do things to be considered caustic or is it merely their perception?

The smoke/fire comment is what it is..

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamCorrect

From WND.com:

Helen Thomas tells Playboy: Jews 'control' White House

Helen Thomas, the former "dean" of the White House Press Corps who lost her position over a string of anti-Semitic comments, is interviewed in the April issue of Playboy, renewing her criticism of Israel and Jews in "control" of America.

"[The Jews are] using their power, and they have power in every direction … power over the White House, power over Congress," Thomas told Playboy Contributing Editor David Hochman. "Everybody is in the pocket of the Israeli lobbies, which are funded by wealthy supporters, including those from Hollywood. Same thing with the financial markets. There's total control.

"It's real power when you own the White House, when you own these other places in terms of your political persuasion. Of course they have power," Thomas continued, then addressed Hochman: "You don't deny that. You're Jewish, aren't you?"

Source Link

Regardless as to whether you consider her views "extreme", I give her credit for being assertive enough to voice such a "politically incorrect" viewpoint in this day and age. So, let's explore the facts and history and educate ourselves about the issue. It can't hurt to be open-minded.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Okay, just to lay it our for ya.

Europe has a long history of just blaming the jews (and Roma, for that matter) for whatever crap comes down the pipe. Everything from cholera outbreaks to the mongols was pinned on the Jews. There were two reasons for this. One, they were "outsiders." They were segregated from Europe both internally by not intermarrying, and externally by lots of edicts and rules targeting the "christ-killers."

An interesting side effect of this was that their exclusion from mainstream European life led to a business opportunity; banking and mercantilism. See, under Christian dogma of the time usury - charging interest on loans - was forbidden to Christians. So there was no banking industry at all in christian Europe, for better or worse. However, Jews had no such doctrinal handicap, and a good many found positions in their societies as moneylenders, brokers, and renters. Of course, when some European principality or kingdon went broke because its nobility waging useless wars or spending hte treasury on massive palaces or the like, the blame was pinned on the "usurers."

So here you've got a segregated and legally lesser community, held by the major power of hte time (the Church) to be Christianity's mortal enemies, whom rulers often blamed for their own failings.

No, there was no "good reason" for European antisemitism, just as there was no good reason for witch hunts (and the two were often one and the same - that whole "baby's blood for their motzoh" thing is a direct transfer from witch-hunt mythology)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Thanks for the explanation..
I do however believe usury has been a big factor in man not reaching their potential..
It's simply put, people making money for producing nothing....

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Maybe this is one of the reasons why the Palestinians hate the Israelis

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f20e9e4371bb.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

You can't go adding facts to the debate..
The poor jews have been persecuted for no good reason for centuries...

BTW, the majority of jews are good people..

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
If there's so many Jews in Congress and positions of corporate power, you'll see a natural slant towards Pro-Israel or Pro-Zionist policies.

How this is denied, I don't know. It's human nature to side with your own. No amount of anti-Semitic accusations can change the fact that if you are in a family, you back the family, and these people are in a family of their own. They're going to scratch each others backs...

Do these Jews who are in the halls of power worship God, or do they worship Mammon? If you are Jewish, it means you worship God. Are these people REALLY 'Jewish'?

Is George W Bush an Christian?

Are any of these Middle East despots really Muslim? Do people of God kill for power or for money? No. Only these criminals in power who worship the god of money. They are not true Christians, Muslims, Jews.

Calling these creatures in power 'Jews' is an insult to original Judaism.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
The Zionists play the victim in order to be the perpetrator. Simply put..it's disgusting what they're doing.

Selling arms to nations, that had nothing but rocks and then blowing them up, as they pose a global threat. I don't know how these ppl can

sleep at night.
edit on 19-3-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

No, there was no "good reason" for European antisemitism

I believe there's a saying that goes something like this:"If,throughout your life,you get kicked out of one or two bars,you very well may be given the benefit of the doubt and it can be assumed that it was the bars' fault;if,however,you literally get kicked out of HUNDREDS of bars....."

Do you understand?Food for thought.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
We've definitely got corruption in Washington and it needs to be addressed.

I don't know anything about Jews much except I have a few online friends that are Jewish and they are no different from me really, just some traditions they hold are different.

BUT I also have a friend that was Christian, church of God, who loved economics and finance. He went to college for it. He got a job at a local place and was doing well, then suddenly he finds out his mother's parents were Jewish but hid their heritage from him. He converted.

Next time I saw him he was vp of a big corporation and worth millions, driving a big black bmw. Now he was and is nothing like miserly- he's generous and a good person.

HE TOLD ME that converting had opened a lot of career doors for him. He told me that himself.

Now I'd like to know why.
edit on 19-3-2011 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Well there you have it. Its has long been an unsolved mystery. We finally now know what happened to Eva Braun's grandmother.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Read history. The whole reason that there was an impasse was that the Arabs wanted a Palestinian nation made of Arabs and Jews modeled after the British Parliamentary system, while the Jews wanted partition on Ethnic lines.

I think it is you who should read history. You and other posters in this thread are disingenuously taking that attitude that land was lost by the so called "Palestinians" when the historical fact is that Palestine has been occupied by foreign invaders for several thousand years. Prior the United Nations Special Committee on Palestine and their recommendation to partition the land into two states, that land was occupied by Britain, and prior to that it was occupied by the Ottoman Empire as far back as the 16th century.

While it was not you who disingenuously posted that graph that pretends to show the land "lost" by "Palestinians" after Israel moved in, that graph ignores the fact that this land was occupied by a foreign country prior to Israel moving in. Further, the graph ignores the fact that Israel did not move in as occupiers, and while there were certainly Jews who criticized the U.N.'s recommendations, those recommendations were roundly rejected by the Arabs. An effort was made to create two separate sovereign nations, but the Arabs rejected this.

The rhetoric put out by certain Arabs that Jews would be "allowed" to be Jews under a single Arabian state of Palestine ignores the rhetoric that clamored for the eradication of all Jews. Given that the Jews had just experienced Germany's eradication program, it is understandable they were skeptical of a single Arabian state where they would be "allowed" to live as Jews.

Even further, you and other posters seem to insist on ignoring the historical fact that instead of negotiating some sort of deal where the two nations could live together, the people living in Palestine instead gambled on other Arab nations winning a war against Israel. It is a gamble they lost.

The Middle East problem is far more complex than you and other posters in this thread want to admit to, and it reveals a breadth of ignorance that astoundingly deceitful. The so called "Palestinians" did not even declare independence until 1988, where they finally went from being so called Palestinians to actual Palestinians. You people may as well post a graph of the United States and show all the land the Indian Nations lost after 1776, and pretend that it was solely the United States that occupied North America. It is, quite simply, disingenousness.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Thank God she didnt pose!

edit on 19-3-2011 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2011 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher
The Hydra has many heads.

But as Bob Dylan said so eloquently and succinctly, "We all gotta serve somebody".

You mean Robert Zimmerman? The Jew?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

LOL CC
her interview was for people that actually read playboy for the articles.

PS
according the Dr Paul Craig Roberts the under secretary of the treasury under reagan,
AIPAC controls washington...

edit on 19-3-2011 by Danbones because: PS

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Helen is right, Zionists are everywhere, where the money is. This cult should be under close surveillance even the jews themself thinks Zionism is bad i think that should ring a bell isn't...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by IamCorrect

Bull.

Of course they have one of the most powerful lobbies in the USA. But "total control"? If they had total control Iran would have been bombed years ago.

Please someone who actually believes this explain to me why Iran is not rubble?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

their "Exodus" to Israel was caused by the caustic attitude of too many people across the globe towards the Jews.

And why was that do you think?
Usually where there's smoke, there's fire..

So your justification for hating Israel is because so many people dislike them they MUST be evil? Wow that's smart.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

So your justification for hating Israel is because so many people dislike them they MUST be evil? Wow that's smart.

Comprehension problems ??
I merely asked why Jews were considered toxic..

Nice twisting though..

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I'd say that powerful 'jews' and 'christians' are directed by 'luciferian' interests that use both Christianity, Judaism and Islam as a shield and tools to manipulate nations.

So while there certainly are a lot of 'jews' in the worldwide control system we have to be vigilant not to succumb to blind hate. And that probably goes for most sides of any polarized debate these days.

Sometimes it seems it's easier to just hate it all..

If this is ever over.. we should build an island for these leaders where they can build their own (incredibly) small empires so they can fight and hurt each other for generations without our involvement.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join