It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I am utterly convinced that our lives and reality are engineered to exist only for each individual person. That is everything that occurs in my life, world and universe is only my reality. You, if you actually really exist, are experiencing a life, world and everything just for you...somewhere. You ever wonder about those odd and very spooky coincidences which happen 'far too regularly' - I believe these to be 'markers' or 'glitches' which are a very brief insight into how we can control our own realities. Just imagine The Truman Show, but on an unfathomable scale of complexity, but we are our own director and that everything (i mean everything) that exists is for 'us' only...Just you..and no one else.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
This is EXACTLY the conclusion I have come to the past few years....I am here, me, this is my world......There are millions of worlds out there I believe everyone has there own...I made this reality and thought up the people who are in it. They are here for a reason..i am looking for that reason now...Very good Post my friend..if your at all real......

S & F....

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

We are just existence. This reality is here just to be and exist. Without this, there would be no point in existing. There would be nothing. Everything must have a reason to exist. This is my own reason, my own reality. I could be a microbe or an infinitesimally small entity in an existence somewhere. This (reality) could be my own journey within that existence.

Brain ache now.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dezire

Yep, you nailed it.
I have thought this too.
Everyone lives in their own universe which is only for them.
You are the star of the show in your universe.
Everything that happens is for you!

While it may appear that other people are experiencing the same things you are,
they are mearly living out their existance in their universe which was custom tailored for them.

I'll up the ante a little.

Have you ever noticed that it's ALWAYS other people who die?
That may sound a little silly at first but, think about it.
How do you know that you can die???
If you were to be honest, you DON'T!!
What we experience and percieve as other people dying is just in our custom tailored universe that these people
briefly shared with us.
How do you know that they aren't still alive....in their own custom tailored universe?

Scenario:

You walk out into the street and get hit by a bus.
Everyone sees you get hit.
Everyone watches you die.
Your family goes to your funeral and buries you.

Meanwhile......

You, in your own custom tailored universe (which has now split off from the one you shared with the others
and has now merged with an EXACT copy of the other),......get up and brush yourself off and thank God that
you lived thru such a horrible accident." Whew that was close" you say to yourself.
and on you go with your life never the wiser.

You don't know if you can die.
It is quite possible in my universe that all attempts at ending your life simply get you merged right back in with a parallel reality which is, for all intents and purposes, exactly the same.

Whew, I need a drink now!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Nice one. If we die then we are still existing, taking up room in in the existence. Everything must exist to be. But also to exist is to have a purpose. This just happens to be my purpose right now.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dezire
I am utterly convinced that our lives and reality are engineered to exist only for each individual person. That is everything that occurs in my life, world and universe is only my reality. You, if you actually really exist, are experiencing a life, world and everything just for you...somewhere. You ever wonder about those odd and very spooky coincidences which happen 'far too regularly' - I believe these to be 'markers' or 'glitches' which are a very brief insight into how we can control our own realities. Just imagine The Truman Show, but on an unfathomable scale of complexity, but we are our own director and that everything (i mean everything) that exists is for 'us' only...Just you..and no one else.

I understand your point but how does that hypothesis work within interaction between one or more people with you ... which would by it's very nature be a shared 'reality' experienced by all parties involved in said interaction

Welcome to the madhouse

Woody

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

I understand your point but how does that hypothesis work within interaction between one or more people with you ... which would by it's very nature be a shared 'reality' experienced by all parties involved in said interaction

...because of the meaning of sharing in my existence gives it purpose. If there is another existence for there's may not be the same. It's reason to exist may be to walk a path for it's entire existence, but within that would be meaning and purpose as much as my reality.

Welcome to the madhouse

Woody

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

Welcome to the madhouse

Woody

That's weird. I just wrote a reply to you, posted it and it never appeared. Went back a page and it had gone. Hmmm. Time for sleep.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
OK this is absurd...

Bet if I were to kick u in the head in my Universe you would feel it in your universe...

That is after you wake up after being knocked right out. Just before you figure out you made a mess in your pants.

Now before you get mad, it was an example to disproove your theory.

If Indeed you were correct our interactions would be impossible. What you are choosing to believe is not reality would better be described as unreal...

Sorry forgot to say Welcome... Perhaps we shall agree on other things...

edit on 18-3-2011 by 5StarOracle because: (8

edit on 18-3-2011 by 5StarOracle because: doh

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by dezire

I'll up the ante a little.

Have you ever noticed that it's ALWAYS other people who die?
That may sound a little silly at first but, think about it.
How do you know that you can die???
If you were to be honest, you DON'T!!
What we experience and percieve as other people dying is just in our custom tailored universe that these people
briefly shared with us.
How do you know that they aren't still alive....in their own custom tailored universe?

Scenario:

You walk out into the street and get hit by a bus.
Everyone sees you get hit.
Everyone watches you die.
Your family goes to your funeral and buries you.

Meanwhile......

You, in your own custom tailored universe (which has now split off from the one you shared with the others
and has now merged with an EXACT copy of the other),......get up and brush yourself off and thank God that
you lived thru such a horrible accident." Whew that was close" you say to yourself.
and on you go with your life never the wiser.

You don't know if you can die.
It is quite possible in my universe that all attempts at ending your life simply get you merged right back in with a parallel reality which is, for all intents and purposes, exactly the same.

Whew, I need a drink now!

I like the way you think! My sentiments exactly. To the OP, welcome.
edit on 3/18/2011 by hhcore because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Welcome!

Sounds like your belief about a predetermined life journey coincides a bit with the Buddha school teachings.

I recommend you read the book Zhuan Falun in my signature below. The book explains all the secrets about how to become a truly good person, opening your third eye(single eye of the bible), developing supernormal powers(inborn powers) etc etc. The book was a bestseller in China during the 90s and then the communists banned it and started their terrible persecution of 100 million Falun Dafa practitioners.

If you read the book you will understand many things from extremely high levels, it is all in the book.

/Gaussg

top topics

join