It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new here, about to change your life after you finish reading...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aresh Troxit
ForTeeToEndTeeFor

It's interesting to see the reactions on this thread... I am surprised by the aggressive reactions or the ones not participating in the sense the OP asked.

We say DENY ignorance, and yet, when one wants to do just that, he gets called a troll?

I'll look foolish, maybe, but I never quite grasped nor searched for the meaning of a troll. Could someone tell me?

Nonetheless, I'll risk being flamed or whatever, but I would have to say it is 1-0 for the OP.

Could the OP be on to something? Hmm... When facing the facts...

BTW, I don't feel my life has changed, but my interest has been piqued.

I will keep on reading as it IS an interesting experiment.
Have a good day, or a bytes filled one, depending on your nature...

20_2 X 2 (falling 1)
i DENY ignorance and this bot thing is SERIOUS issue. for "whatever" sake, most people read on this ATS forum and they have no idea their mind, thinking are being almost totally shifted by those BOTS planted by THOSE who got agendas. Sigh, when people gonna wake up......

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I can see how the OP is controversial, and maybe inflammatory, but how can the OP's OP be off-topic, or his/her question be considered irrelevant?

Personally, I still do not see this thread as harmful to anyone but bots... Keep on enlightening me please!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
IV zero 22
Isn't the Mayan End date actually October 28, 2011?

• Why do you believe a.i. bots are posting on web forums?
• Are there any examples or proofs that a.i. has reached this level of action/reaction or intelligence?
• I am thoughtful and curious as to government agents and paid posters... but I have no knowledge that a.i. is an actual threat as you say.
• Be well, and may Peace be upon you

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by wuming

Phourth y tOUenn ti PhoR

Hi! I think you want the 4024 to be on every beginning's post?

I read the whole thread, but I haven't seen a welcome by a moderator, am I right? I may have missed it tho...

Welcome to ATS. How exactly did you come to the conclusion that many posters on ATS are bots, and what would the purpose be, in your opinion?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Aresh Troxit

I still do not see this thread as harmful to anyone but bots....

Hey! That's pretty funny, and clever!!

What I believe we have here is a (slightly) misguided (if it is indeed not intended as a joke, in the first place) faux worry, angst and mock 'outrage' at the possibility (as was featured n the news recently, and in ATS threads) of large-scale United States Air Force and DoD operations involving faked online identities.....otherwise, maybe referred to as "bots"...."simulated people"? (Pick a euphemism...)

What MY take on it is, perhaps....a new member who is trying to avoid the tradition of acquiring the 20 minimum posts, to contribute and join into other discussions, before initiating a new thread on a topic of interest to him/her.

This is a violation....bad form....not playing by the rules.

It will be sorted out, in due course, once the Staff have a review.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
.i think a bot could figure out how to create 4024?...i mean really.

ruofowtorezruof

someone post a link to a theorized bot. i want to see it.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
4u2cn012n0

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by epitaph.one

i think the bots are the ones who reply with the 4024 thing to be honest. shows how easily you'll run with something just because someone suggested it.

shrug

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Well, I read it.
Oddly enough, my life hasn't changed...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by wuming

四千二四

(Of course, not sure you can read that. Don't care, really....)

Oh, and BTW??

The reliance upon the Maya, and their "calendar"? Silly beyond all recognition, in the first place. The interpretation of applying THAT record-keeping medium to our modern Gregorian calendar is dubious, at best....

Epic fail.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by epitaph.one

I saw it more as a game of sorts like some other threads I have seen here before, where the OP asked for a particular behavior on the thread that was made. But, still learning to be a good conspiracy theoretician, I did not have the reflex to look if the OP had made his/her 20 posts first...

But I made the same mistake when I first joined, I hope it doesn't make me a trolling bot!

Thanks for the kind word to weedwhacker, also!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Wot a load of bot's...anybody's life changed?...no?... Trolls? well their part of the course in the world of the net..like organic viruses...there are plenty of triers and chancers on this forum..but they can stick out like a sore thumb.. the ATS forum is a bit like a bad harvest, you have to sort out the wheat from the chafe.. rule of thumb, posts that start with OMG or "this will change your life" are guaranteed to be started by lonely losers.
Oh lets not forget the mcdonalds of ATS.."I come from the future"... I'm off for a pint...anybody wanna join me?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Error... Id10t

does not compute....

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Welcome

I don't think there are any forum-bots on here but I wouldnt be the least bit surprised if there are some people on here that dress-up as robots on daily basis.

Also, I mean no offence to you "MechMen" you are people to... got that? PEOPLE!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Fishticon84

...some people on here that dress-up as robots ....

Can't speak for others, personally never been a "robot"...did a Klingon a few times, though....(Hallowe'en, naturally):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dd54872e4c31.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by wuming

Pwease don't eat me Mr. Wabbitt. OK- you can eat me! Muahhh!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This is a hoax. Where is proof?

>]£fijn# -17448

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
cuarenta veinty cuatro
haha excellent social experiment lol, whether they are bots or not, it goes to show how "some" people don't really read what they repy to. I think the "life changing" bit is what he correctly assumes would trigger such bots. No harm I think. I doubt there are actual bots, but perhaps maybe some disinfo agents that go through the threads as many on here already suspect anyway.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
ph0r3th0vvz4nd tvv3ntiph0R3!!!11

s3c0ntL1N3Z!

pwnrd!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Closing this pointless thread.

The introductions forum is for introducing yourself to the ATS membership, not presenting silly ideas that promote meaningless responses.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join