It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of water do you drink?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Pretty simple,
you should be drinking water daily [or eating watermelon
]
Where do you get your water, how hard is it to obtain, are you ever worried it will run out/be ruined, what's your prefernce level on this water (like from i dont care-i cant drink anything else)?

Personally i drink purified water that's been UV treated, and enriched with a few minerals that are found in natural water. I get it from a Organic food store ( to the locals, i get it from PCC, for anyone in the Seattle area)

When i lived in Olympia there was actually a "Well" that kept flowing 24/7
There's a water thing under the town that had a lot of pressure so it actually helps to have the "relief" well to let it out.

That water was great, so is this one that i get now too. I try to avoid bottled water on shelfs unless i actually go somewhere and i don't have it. I don't drink it ritually like some people do.

Anyways thanks, and would love to see what everyones stance is with their water

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
RO water for me

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
RO water for me

RO water... radioactive water? >.>

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I drink water from a 275 ft deep well outside my bungalow nestled in the woods

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle

That's awesome! Do you have a picture? =o

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I drink water after Mr.Coffee puts it hot through Folger's. Our tap water is extremely hard mineral water. This was a mining area years ago. The area is well known to enthusiasts of fluorescent mineral rocks.

OP, if you don't have this link you may like it: www.findaspring.com...

PS: thank you for not mentioning the wive's tale of drinking 8-8oz glasses daily. Why a 98lb woman is supposed to drink the same quantity as a 365lb man in a 24hr period never made sense to me.

edit on 3/18/2011 by LargeFries because: added the 'PS'

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries
I drink water after Mr.Coffee puts it hot through Folger's. Our tap water is extremely hard mineral water. This was a mining area years ago. The area is well known to enthusiasts of fluorescent mineral rocks.

OP, if you don't have this link you may like it: www.findaspring.com...

Ahh yes, i've seen it before.
The water i used to get didn't look too... "Natural" but it was deft great clean pure water.
Here's what it looked like www.findaspring.com...

I appreciate the link

Also the humour, distilled water i hear isn't too good for you, not sure why.. never bothered to find out though.
I'm right there with you though, i drink tea every day

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Bottled water, usually dasani.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anttyk47

Originally posted by brindle

That's awesome! Do you have a picture? =o
The well is underground surrounded by dirt,I can only see a round white ,what looks like a manhole cover.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

RO water for me

uhm...Reverse osmosis?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

What a great fountain they have in WA! My wife has been to WA & border state(s?) on vacation. The folks out that way certainly don't lack artistic expression or talent. She had a wonderful time. While visiting her sister in Walla Walla they drove to a few wineries, and attended The Muddy Water Frog Festival. Bless those people, they sure did show my Jersey girl a wonderful time.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
i hardly ever drink water think in the last year ive only drank it when ive been to the gym (volvic bottled] im only replyin becouse the last 2-3 weeks all my missus has been doing is telling me i need to drink water alot more as my migraines are getting more frequent

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
On my property, I live in a rural area of New Zealand so we capture rainwater (from our roof).

From there it passes to a 6,000 litre underground concrete tank, where sediment can settle out & any biological processes occurring can complete.

From there it passes to a second 5000 litre underground concrete tank for storage.

It is coarsely pre-filtered prior to our pump, but this is primarily to ensure a long life for the pump.

From there it is pumped into a combined osmotic, resin and activated charcoal filter set, at mains pressure and supplies all water to the house.

Once a year we disconnect the osmotic filter and give it a blast of peroxide to kill any persistent bugs in the pipes & tanks. We normally give it 12 hours with the peroxide in the system & then purge it prior to re-engaging the filters.

We have friends who always ask for a glass of water when they drop by because it's so nice.

If the 5000 litre tank gets depleted, we can always switch over to the 6000 litre, until the rains come. It usually happens about once a year at the end of summer but didn't happen at all this year.

I have type 2 diabetes and I have a theory (supported by a little science) that the flouridated water, that I drank after my teen years, has contributed to it.

I now have no flouride in my food, water or toothpaste and my sugar regulation is better than when I was consuming flourine through water & toothpaste.

edit on 18/3/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Ahh that's wonderful! I've always heard charcoal filters are great, along with volcanic rock.
Interesting that your home has that... Is that common in New Zealand?
I'm sorry for your health issue = My father has the same thing. It sucks when something is killing you and you don't know about it. But at least we find our values in life. I'm glad you appreciate your water

reply to post by LargeFries

WA has so many towns that are just filled with art exhibits (not so much now *shakes fist at economic disaster)
Walla Walla also has great wine, i don't really expect it from the USA, but they rank in a high scale of wines there!

I love how artistic it is here, i grew up in New York, and moved to WA when i was around 11. One thing i've noticed is how nice the PEOPLE are. Jeeze, driving on the streets in WA... even if they're in a hurry they'll let you go first

RO water for me

uhm...Reverse osmosis?

Sorry you didn't post much information eheh, and i didn't want to be a robot and google it xD !

edit on 18-3-2011 by Anttyk47 because: Adding info

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Alkaline, oxygenated, structured water. Cost about 2 grand for the machine but well worth it.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

I don't think that my setup here is typical for NZ.

I moved here from Australia and since I was "starting from scratch" (ie: there were no dwellings on the property at all, so I could design & build it the way I wanted).

I've made a few mistakes of logic in the original design but with remodelling & a bit of extra effort these are being smoothed out & I'm quite happy with the outcome.

My next project is going to be PV & battery backed up power (240 volt, true RMS, phase locked to the external supply) but it will take a while & a bit of money.

One thing I have learned is that things break down and wear out & the people who are involved in alternative energy gloss over that.

In NZ there are what we refer to Number 8 wire (fencing wire) solutions (It's kind of like the idea of using Duck Tape as a fix for everything). I seem to do a lot of that.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Swedish tap water

It's clean. Almost too clean since if we go to another country and drink theirs, we get sick.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join