It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian university puts ancient, mysterious sculpture on display

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

It's kinda like how peoples from various tribes and such put plugs in their lobes or those disc like-things in their lips...why? Beauty, status, maybe. Just an idea.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sundowner

It's kinda like how peoples from various tribes and such put plugs in their lobes or those disc like-things in their lips...why? Beauty, status, maybe. Just an idea.

Maybe - but maybe even those had some sort of inspiration... I mean, in order for it to be seen as beautiful, there must be some kind of reason to go that route. Otherwise, I would think, they would have found beauty in the natural forms.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
sorry i didn't bother to comb the whole thread to see if anyone mentioned it.

but they do look alot like the easter island statue heads, shapewise that is.

there's is deffinatly something to these alongated heads and craneums popping up everywhere.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Ha ha ha . Alien like! You realize they used to bind their heads in South America and that the alien creatures you refer to are fictional movie ideas don't you.

Don't you?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

I am certain that depict the general appearance of the Anunnaki. I see them associated with the "Gods" and "Rulers" in ancient times too often to ignore, especially when the Enki Tablets out of Sumer suggest that they were here and amongst us. If The Terra Papers give the true history - and I suspect the Tablets to be indicative of a story told to the Tablets' makers by some who wanted the gold of this planet and played upon Our Human hearts - We would do well to know what they say.

The Terra Papers make far more sense to me. Though they seem to read as a bad space opera initially, when they approach modern times...things I kept asking myself "why!?!" about just fell into place. I think this sculpture represents something related to Them. If you're interested, The Terra Papers are linked in my sig.
edit on 3/19/2011 by Amaterasu because: complete a thought

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I do not believe this to be a sculpture. Here at
cmll.concordia.ca...
you can view the bodies of these two deformed children in full screen. From what I see, is the fractured septum of one of the children, displaying what can be called the nasal concha and a cleft palate. The intricacy of the external auditory meatus as well as the view of the soft palate is much too refined to be a simple carving. The corner of the eye to the top of the ear is also out of alignment, leading me to suspect a birth defect. Sadly, the eye lids are both swollen from perhaps crying and the mouths are agape from wailing. Without closer inspection, I would surmise that what we are viewing, are two children dying that are some how preserved in limestone.
This only deepens the mystery.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Originally posted by Sundowner

Maybe - but maybe even those had some sort of inspiration... I mean, in order for it to be seen as beautiful, there must be some kind of reason to go that route. Otherwise, I would think, they would have found beauty in the natural forms.

The only inspiration they need is to eat a magic mushroom and have visions... And then emulate them in artwork and self...

It very well could of come from within with the right medium...
edit on 20-3-2011 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I won't say that is a bad theory, but then I would find it interesting that there is such consistency world wide. Thanks for an alternative view.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

freaky! that reminds me of carbonite from Star Wars.

starwars.wikia.com...

In Star Wars, you could be frozen in carbonite, but that wouldn't be death it would just be stasis, similar to cryopreservation. You would still be alive in there.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

For some reason, this reminds me of the somewhat recent findings in Turkey, at the site known as Gobekili Tepe. The video explains, in great detail, the anomalous nature of the site.

So, what we have, coming out into the mainstream, are sculptures being revealed, like the one that is the focus of this thread. We also have, to add to that, Gobekili Tepe. What it reveals is that there is SO MUCH OUT THERE, under our very feet that we have YET TO DISCOVER.

Michael Cremo, author of "Forbidden Archaeology" and other books, has been shaking the foundation of the archeological establishment and the pretentious scientific community in general. He has been revealing that "science" depends so much upon GRANTS that research has been INHIBITED by those with the money. Scientists who wish to study subjects concerning anomalous and out-of-place subjects and artifacts lose funding, lose tenure and are ridiculed out of academia, effectively being labeled "discredited" and "renegade" and "loopy" because their theories did not fit into the cookie-cutter layout of the rise of man that has been established and accepted, although this is merely a *theory* as well. I highly recommend reading "Forbidden Archaeology." Here's a link: www.amazon.com...=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1300605226&sr=1-3

Or, check out this YouTube; NOTE: The French introduction only lasts for approximately 1 minute, and then Cremo begins his English presentation; there are more parts, so take this as far as you'd like; he presents a great presentation for your entertainment and scientification consideration:

edit on 20-3-2011 by GhostLancer because: Typo

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

The people who created this figure, it is not sculpture, were able to perceive and create images beyond the human visual range. Case in point, these figures are completely covered with images of human-like people.

This in itself is not unique, there is an entire prehistory recorded on cave walls, standing stones, pyramids and other Mounds. They are also present on the outside of alien spacecraft.

They are also present at Gobeckli Tepe. Golgotha.

edit on 083131p://am3121 by debris765nju because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join