It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside Anonymous' Secret War Room (Really?)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Inside Anonymous' Secret War Room (Really?)

gawker.com

John Cook and Adrian Chen — Inside Anonymous' Secret War RoomDissident members of the internet hacktivist group Anonymous, tired of what they call the mob's "unpatriotic" ways, have provided law enforcement with chat logs of the group's leadership planning crimes, as well as what they say are key members' identities. They also gave them to us.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 18-3-2011 by MarkofCain because: link problem

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Chat logs includes someone under the name Topiary, as you may all have noticed Topiary is the one in Westboro VS. Anonymous in the radio show. I was talking to him about this earlier today and he said that all of this chat logs are real and they have been out for a month now, he also said that they're no big deal.

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US! btw.

Have a nice day.

gawker.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkofCain

the error is 404ing - any body running a linux using TOR> > ?

Would be real nice to have a look at that page

Edit it is ok bad link on first post sorry
edit on 18-3-2011 by johngtr because: edit

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
When will internet active or passive users understand that there is never such a term as an anonymous user.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
12:03 Topiary: so she's not actually believing that anonymous isn't secretive?
12:03 if so, epic troll the guardian and teach them a lesson
12:03 epic troll time
12:03 speak like cryptic, only to eachother and be blunt to her
12:03 god yeah
12:03 lets roll
12:03 she wants to delve into the secret underbelly, we'll give her a trolling hellstorm

That bit made me literally laugh out loud, epic troll time, : )

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
When will internet active or passive users understand that there is never such a term as an anonymous user.

When Anonymous is found to be something far more sinister than they claim to be. And when Facebook admits "Aw, [snip] it, we don't give a [snip] about your privacy!!!"
edit on 18/3/11 by masqua because: Censor circumvention removed

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I know this is a long quote but wanted to link it because of the full nature of this:

John Cook and Adrian Chen — Dissident members of the internet hacktivist group Anonymous, tired of what they call the mob's "unpatriotic" ways, have provided law enforcement with chat logs of the group's leadership planning crimes, as well as what they say are key members' identities. They also gave them to us.

The chat logs, which cover several days in February immediately after the group hacked into internet security firm HBGary's e-mail accounts, offer a fascinating look inside the hivemind's organization and culture.

They demonstrate that, contrary to the repeated claims of Anonymous members, the group does have ad hoc leaders, with certain members doling out tasks, selecting targets, and even dressing down members who get out of line. They prove that, contrary to their claims, at least one of the hackers responsible for releasing the publishing the e-mail addresses of thousands of Gawker users last December is in fact a key member of Anonymous. They show a collective of ecstatic and arrogant activists driven to a frenzy by a sense of their own power—they congratulated one another when Hosni Mubarak resigned, as though Anonymous was responsible—and contain bald admissions of criminal behavior that could serve as powerful evidence in criminal proceedings if the internet handles are ever linked to actual people.

gawker.com...#!5783173/inside-anonymous-secret-war-room

Seems like a little dirt on the guys that dig dirt, hopefully Anon can post a response to this so we can understand them better and if this is a set up or just fake......

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
edit on 3/18/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJin

Originally posted by tristar

When Anonymous is found to be something far more sinister than they claim to be. And when Facebook admits "Aw, F@ck it, we don't give a sh!t about your privacy!!!"

anon and fb..hmm..lets see now..how about we break down its core and see how many conflicts we find..umm..perhaps the number is equal to itself. Grrr..so many gestur3s...who to trust and who to hide from.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I really doubt that only 6 people make up Anon's core. If I would understand Anon correctly they'd have a lot more people than that getting involved.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The leaked chat logged apparently came from someone under the name "Hubris"

en.wikipedia.org...

Hubris , also hybris, means extreme haughtiness, pride or arrogance. Hubris often indicates being out of touch with reality and overestimating one's own competence or capabilities, especially for people in positions of power.

Seems like a massive troll to me.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I guess a few could of hacked HBGary and downloaded the software used to create multiple personas then used it in Anonymous chat logs to create the crowd effect drawing the sheeple into there diabolic schemes to take over the world. It seemed to work for the US military in Egypt and Lybia. And then there was the testing in the US political system "Operation grassroot teaparty".

Also I noticed the UK and Australia are also involved with persona management software. Search the companies and follow the employees who work for them. "Ntrepid"
edit on 18-3-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Also I noticed the UK and Australia are also involved with persona management software. Search the companies and follow the employees who work for them. "Ntrepid"

Isnt there an Intrepid within ats..hehe...nah..only joking..oops..now lets how many crawl out of the woodworks...OOps..deeply apologize for the seed, but hey, it is fun..no ?

Humans are so predictbale.

edit on 18-3-2011 by tristar because: is *

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Ntrepid Corporation provides national security and law enforcement customers with software, hardware, and managed services for cyber operations, analytics, linguistics, and tagging & tracking.

Please visit our corporate site at www.ntrepidcorp.com....

Ntrepid is a off shoot of Abraxas Corporation.

projects.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Ntrepid Corporation provides national security and law enforcement customers with software, hardware, and managed services for cyber operations, analytics, linguistics, and tagging & tracking.

Please visit our corporate site at www.ntrepidcorp.com....

My dedication to you is and perhaps outdated for the younger generation but the message is well and obvious enough.

edit on 18-3-2011 by tristar because: (no reason given)

Ex

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

I get an error message that says:
This video is not available in your country , WTF!
I'm USA!!!!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
As soon as I saw the groups leadership I knew they had no clue of what they are talking about. If some anon called themselves a "leader" they would be laughed out of the room.

and the gawker link gives me a blank page....
edit on 18-3-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex
reply to post by tristar

I get an error message that says:
This video is not available in your country , WTF!
I'm USA!!!!

oops..yeah, having some fun with google servers

www.youtube.com...
edit on 18-3-2011 by tristar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I am sure propaganda and secret operations officers are very familiar with the hierarchy of anon. I am sure some of the hierarchy are actually funded by corps or govs. People want to follow something that matters. And these ops give the anons something that they perceive to matter.

When you hear anonymous give reasons for actions or threats of action, take with a grain of salt, that in all actuality any anonymous user could be anybody at all, and that includes people who are paid for what they do.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure that Anonymous has no hierarchy or leadership. There is no way that all of the events perpetrated by Anonymous were organized by the same people. Anybody can do anything and say they are from Anonymous.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Anonymous is you and me. Everyone is anonymous. There is no group or leaders.

However, the media needs to put a face on something because it's so much more easier to make a story on.

<<   2 >>

join