It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pharmacy just told me that I need a prescription for Potassium Iodide - Canada

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The thing you guys need to realize is that panic buying usually results in overbuying of a product, depleting the stock. Youve got people out there buying 10x the supply they would actually need, while there are nine other people that are looking cant get any.

They are trying to prevent one person from having a cupboard full, while others cant find it anywhere. It is the right move.
edit on 18-3-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

Well, practicing or not, thanx for the input Dr.!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Be carefull what you buy on line.
money.cnn.com...
Buy only from places you feel you can trust with your life.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
The thing you guys need to realize is that panic buying usually results in overbuying of a product, depleting the stock. Youve got people out there buying 10x the supply they would actually need, while there are nine other people that are looking cant get any.

They are trying to prevent one person from having a cupboard full, while others cant find it anywhere. It is the right move.

While I do understand your logic, it will be the same logic used to justify their confiscation of anything they choose.

This leads us to being controlled and fed from their hands as they see fit. Bread lines will happen when they raise the price of wheat beyond what is affordable.

We will then be grateful for any crumbs we are granted.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

While I do understand your logic, it will be the same logic used to justify their confiscation of anything they choose.

This leads us to being controlled and fed from their hands as they see fit. Bread lines will happen when they raise the price of wheat beyond what is affordable.

We will then be grateful for any crumbs we are granted.

I dont agree at all-this excuse would only work with emergency supplies. After the outcries we heard about how unprepared the gv't was after katrina, it only logical here.

If they didnt do it, and the pills ended up being needed, people would cry foul on that as well. You simply cant have it both ways.

Specific meds in short supply are not the same as foods.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Well it's a good thing I have a doctors appointment next week and they love me(I am in Canada). I will be asking for a prescription for this now 'hard drug',

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Get some Kelp instead.
It contains potassium iodide...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

Yup, that's what my wife said. She's Korean. Lot of that in the diet. Time for a trip to the beach?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Corruption is a very HORRIBLE thing most of the time, but in this case to cure your challenge......... Try passing a couple hundred bucks to a medical doctor and have him "determine" that you are iodine deficient.

Easy. It just takes a couple days salary to do it. And if one doctor refuses, there are a lot of doctors out there.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
So, went to the pharmacy today to get some Potassium Iodide and was told they were sold out. No surprise. Went to another and the same. 3rd try and I was told that they will have some in a few weeks so I mentioned that I was going to Korea next week and that I would appreciate a rush order on some.

The Pharmacist said she would make a few calls to their supplier to see if there was a way to rush a special order. Gave my Ph # and went home.

A few hours later, the Pharmacist called and told me that she was informed by head office that people will now need a Doctor's prescription before being able to purchase Potassium Iodide. Huh?

I am on the East Coast of Canada and was wondering if anyone else has encountered this. The Pharmacist did give me a lead on where to get some before they sold out and for that I thanked her but I found the whole thing strange as she was also surprised about the prescription thing.

I did see on CTV last night that the Canadian Govt. is doing the same as the US and will be holding all supplies until further notice but I had not heard of needing a prescription.

Another power play by the Elite?

Obviously you need a prescription, it's a quick way for doctors here in canada to make a quick buck...isn't it? makes perfect sense.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Going to the beach is cheaper than buying it online and you have
an excuse for your wife to wear her bikini too

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by theRhenn
Personaly, I'm not worried about this too much as I really dont see how it could cause that much of a problem in the US or Canada. Over in China, Japan and surrounding areas, I'm sure those folx would need it much more than we would at this point.

edit on 18-3-2011 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

I think you are making a critical misunderstanding.

The wind doesn't blow towards China from this part of Japan.
It blows out to the Pacific generally and then across on towards North America.

To reach China it will have to basically go all the way around the globe a full time. By then it would be extremely thinly dispersed.

So please rethink your opinion as it is almost certainly technically incorrect.
The US/Canada are at certain risk here. We do not know the severity of this yet, but it won't be tulips and daisies, let me tell you....

And to the OP, I think they might be either 1) Out of KI stock , or 2) Maybe they do want to irradiate all of us.
Who knows?

edit on 18-3-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

Perhaps, but from what I see here in Louisiana/Texas, the jet stream most certainly moves from west to east, yet hurricanes, winds, and storms do come at us from all directions (except hurricanes, which usuall come from the east and south). So it would make sense to me that the same happens in Japan. I could be wrong as I am no meteorologist but if we are not unique here where I am with winds comming from every direction, why would japan be diffrent?

It would "seem" that by the time the fallout reached so many thousands of miles to get here, the majority of the fallout would have dissipated down into the ocean or much higher in the atmosphere. From what I understand, it could take many many years before particles in our upper atmosphere to reach the ground. Still, I can see both scenerios taking place, the bad and the not to worry aspect.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
Be careful what you buy on line.
money.cnn.com...
Buy only from places you feel you can trust with your life.

TO THE SPECIAL ATTENTION OF THE MODS. THIS IS NOT AN ADVOCACY OR "flippant drug use comment" IF WHAT I WROTE IS NOT PUBLISHED, I WILL EXPECT A WRITTEN AND PUBLIC REASON TO BE PRINT IN RESPONSE. The dangerous and "Russian roulette" being played by people who get dangerous drugs on the net, well read this and please tell me if you think what I say is somehow "wrong". I never would advocate the use of any drug period. But knowledge IS power.

Oh PLEASE don't buy on-line unless your dealing from a pharmacy chain you have a relationship with, in other words they have a "real pharmacy" (chemists shops for my UK/Australia/NZ friends) in other words start with a MD, DO; (in Australia the degree is "MBBS", maybe UK, NZ? I'm not sure about that) some one who has an honest to God office, and guess what? "examined you". and ONLY from a registered physician authorized to prescribe what we in the United States call, "Controlled Substances" Those are also called "Potential and Likely and Confirmed Drugs of Abuse" We have, again in the U.S. C-1 to C-5 such drugs. C-1 are drugs that are (usually) have "No Therapeutic Value" Now some drugs in my country like heroin are forbidden, period. But not in the UK, (and perhaps Australia, New Zealand?) The medical standards of the UK, Australia, New Zealand are equal to the best in the world, like my own country. [Oh f*** politics!"] (Some one down there give me a "web jingle" and let me know?). Please. I spent a lot of time in Australia but that was quite a while ago. Things change. C-2 are drugs like Percodan (thats oxycodone plus ASA or 325mg of aspirin), Percocet is just the substitution of acetaminophen (Tylenol) or Paracetamol in the other "non-US" countries I will only make reference to to what I understand as protocol that I have mentioned here. I'm much more aware of protocol, not politics but scientific standards in the nations I mentioned.

Being able to be "examined" by a "doctor" over the net? No physical, no attempt to do a basic lab panel, not alone get a whiff of ones mental state AND Rx's a drug like say Vicodan? Thats di-hydorcodeine, or simple codeine "supper charged" by adding a methyl group to run-of the-mill codeine. (no NOT Meth, I said methyl group) Thats a schedule three, or C-3 in the same class as codeine. They should shut the "pill mills " down, now. But because of that the Cops and others are not as worried about them as "C-2's" Morphine, Dilaudid, and many more most the average person never heard of, "the heavies" are all "C-2's" C-4-s and some C-5 are usually in the area of drugs of potential addiction like the Benzodiazapines, Valium, Ativan and many, many more. I know "reputable pharmacies", or the major chains have an actual building where you pick up the med's your Doc prescribes. He can "phone in C-3 to C-5's. anything but a C-2. The real heavy stuff. You need a written Rx hand delivered, and no refills are permitted, it's a pain the ass believe me but so valuable and abused are such drugs, I have no complaints. There are some very reputable "mail order" pharmacies, but do this before you buy from any over the line pharmacy. Ask your doctor, yes you need to see a "real warm body" with the proper training, who is an accredited physician and with "privileges" to practice at an an accredited hospital. Why? The doc as the hospital screws up even once they put HIM under the microscope. Or they risk loosing accreditation. And that means what else, money. Always a most effective "motivator".

Please be very cautious with drugs so many consider "harmless" by many. Tylenol, aspirin? Both are lethal but APAP or the acetaminophen in drugs like "Tylenol", and just basic simple "no-narc" Tylenol is cruel and nasty all by it's lonesome. It will kill you if you deplete your livers critical glucothione. And you will feel just dandy for several days before hand, and then in one way that no one should suffer, ever: Acute liver failure. God, it's just horrid. Aspirin will first maybe just burn a hole in your upper gastrointestinal tract most likely, burn off the stomach lining. But what is worse then that? that will also cause what's much worse; hyper-acidosis. That will cause you'r kidneys to dissolve, and the look to the medical examiner, to fall apart in their hand like something like wet and moldy tissue paper. I have seen these effects post-mortem.

Taken as prescribed these drugs are very, very safe and good old Tylenol taken as directed is among the most safe, very importantly unlike aspirin which can trigger "dormant" Rey's disease for children, again taken as directed, you'll be fine. The kids to, and I know parents on this site have raised questions about things like the safety of things like vaccinations. I am more worried about kids getting polio, whopping cough, measles, tetnas, and much more. I made comments about this in a previous post, though I promised to get back to all to provide the specific references that back up my post on that issue I apoligize that I have not yet. But I left a "trail of glowing, singing, dancing bread crumbs" in that post. Check it out. You people have the brains to use just the internet but ALWAYS CROSS REFERENCE EVERYTHING and you know, the net is over wealmend with "lies, idiots, but also stupid human trick's". But for me, the predators of those desperate for SOME INFO, honest decent but desperate people, like parents who love their children, and those who prey on those people? Filth.

As with any tool any "instrument of vast power" in intrinsictly very dangerous. And the internet is the first (as far as I know...) such a power that the world has never before seen: The power of each of us to have access to vast vast information at our finger tips. And the power for one to be "intimate in communication" with any on Earth. My God. Rejoice in this great power, and insist on it, and use it. Always.

edit on 30/4/11 by arbiture because: Needed to add the last two paragraph's.

edit on 30/4/11 by arbiture because: Sorry. Needed to add the last 3 parragraph's

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I buy my KI online, i'd buy it from the link below. But you gotta remember that the recommended dose is 130 mgs and these pills are 65mgs. So one dose is two pills.

approvedgasmasks.com...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
people do not buy drugs online seriously that is asking for death.

look up the DANGEROUS SIDE EFFECTS of postassium iodide.

take the wrong dosage and it can kill you.

if people want another source this website is a must read if you dont trust them or believe there are many many other sources that corroborate this facts.

please by all means do not overreact and take something that you dont need to

kind of defeats the purpose of trying to save yourself only to kill yourself.

always talk to medical experts and make them aware of any pre existing conditions that people who should not be taking ki.

www.fda.gov...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join