It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pharmacy just told me that I need a prescription for Potassium Iodide - Canada

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
So, went to the pharmacy today to get some Potassium Iodide and was told they were sold out. No surprise. Went to another and the same. 3rd try and I was told that they will have some in a few weeks so I mentioned that I was going to Korea next week and that I would appreciate a rush order on some.

The Pharmacist said she would make a few calls to their supplier to see if there was a way to rush a special order. Gave my Ph # and went home.

A few hours later, the Pharmacist called and told me that she was informed by head office that people will now need a Doctor's prescription before being able to purchase Potassium Iodide. Huh?

I am on the East Coast of Canada and was wondering if anyone else has encountered this. The Pharmacist did give me a lead on where to get some before they sold out and for that I thanked her but I found the whole thing strange as she was also surprised about the prescription thing.

I did see on CTV last night that the Canadian Govt. is doing the same as the US and will be holding all supplies until further notice but I had not heard of needing a prescription.

Another power play by the Elite?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I was thinking of a possible scenario. What if the govt keeps this stuff from the public and something does really come out of this where millions would need it. Possible thinning out of the population by holding back needed supplies? This could cause riots if it came down to people demanding it for the sake of their own lives.

On the flip side, they could be doing this so the masses wont poison themselves with it by using it when it's probably not needed. Personaly, I'm not worried about this too much as I really dont see how it could cause that much of a problem in the US or Canada. Over in China, Japan and surrounding areas, I'm sure those folx would need it much more than we would at this point.

edit on 18-3-2011 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn
Personaly, I'm not worried about this too much as I really dont see how it could cause that much of a problem in the US or Canada. Over in China, Japan and surrounding areas, I'm sure those folx would need it much more than we would at this point.

edit on 18-3-2011 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

I think you are making a critical misunderstanding.

The wind doesn't blow towards China from this part of Japan.
It blows out to the Pacific generally and then across on towards North America.

To reach China it will have to basically go all the way around the globe a full time. By then it would be extremely thinly dispersed.

So please rethink your opinion as it is almost certainly technically incorrect.
The US/Canada are at certain risk here. We do not know the severity of this yet, but it won't be tulips and daisies, let me tell you....

And to the OP, I think they might be either 1) Out of KI stock , or 2) Maybe they do want to irradiate all of us.
Who knows?

edit on 18-3-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

Actually one thought I had was it wouldn't hurt to have a supply with everything going on. Look what just happened/almost happened in Ont. EQ near the Nuke sites? Too close of a coincidence to not take seriously. IMHO

But, if we don't need it, and the Govt. sez we don't need it and the MSM sez we don't need it...why is the Govt. holding and why all of a sudden do we need a prescription?

Whether or not it's needed, why the power play all of a sudden?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Buy online.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I will bet any amount of money that governments are scrambling to stockpile as much as possible right now.

If it gets dire, supplies will be distributed.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The other day I went into a CVS in Southern California. I walked up to the Pharmacy and asked the pharmacist if they carried any potassium iodide or iodine tablets. He said no, and that they were sold out. I then asked him if he knew when they'd be getting some more in. At this point he got real snippy and told me that he didn't know. Then he added that I needed a prescription for it anyway, at least in the doses I was looking for. He continued saying that he wasn't sure when they would manufacture low-dose OTC variants of KI.

The funny think is I never even mentioned what dosage I was looking for or what my purposes were in asking for potassium iodide. Hmm...

At any rate I found some online for cheap

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Order online.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
I will bet any amount of money that governments are scrambling to stockpile as much as possible right now.

If it gets dire, supplies will be distributed.

Or held back for those deemed more important than others? I have lost all faith in our North American Governments to actually do what is best for us.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BnletB
reply to post by jude11

Order online.

Any credible sources to recommend?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Scroll down a bit, there are 4 sources recommended (links in blue) by k14u that are currently in stock.

www.ki4u.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BnletB

Thank you...will do.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Here is the free book "How to survive a nuclear war....

Link:www.nukepills.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I am geting my'n from Ebay.
Link
cost £5.75 plus post for
Potassium Iodide 99.4% Pure 100gm

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

In what quantity from EBAY?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Buy Potassium Iodide on Amazon. There are a bunch of different types and you can get expedited shipping. The potassium iodide that the pharmacy is referring to is most likely prescription grade potassium iodide for thyroid function.

edit on 18-3-2011 by lowlowz because: broken link

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lowlowz

Thanks but as far as I know, we can still only order books from Amazon in Canada. Maybe changed?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
If you live in the US it's free if you live within 20 miles of a nuke plant. Just letting ya know

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I don't follow the "body politic" of the pharmaceuticals of my good friend to the North. But you raise a very good point. I was not aware such a compound would require a Rx's. It shouldn't. It's not like there's a "hard drug" market for this sh**. But then drug laws in my country (the US) have never been about protecting anyone, and all about keeping the people under some kind of control. What can I say? I won't tell someone to break the law. (Actually in the past I have told some to do just that, but in that case we were not dealing with what I consider as a "decent and reasonable" country) such as Canada. So ask your Dr. if he/she can prescribe a "prophylactic dose" of such a drug. And do not take it unless you need to. For Americans as much as Canadians, the best way to get what you want? Be as aware as up to date not to mention reasonable as to what you ask from your Dr. Being an MD myself (though I never practiced medicine) I find it best to deal with people when one is not hysterical.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Yes the PTB dont want to loose control of a drug that may be required to save them from radiation caused cancer.....especially if theres not enough to go around....
Though i think straight iodine may work in a very dilute form too......worth checking out......

top topics

<<   2 >>

join