It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sign thats maybe telling you to get out of the West Coast

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I'm writing this because I am concerned about the Japanese people and the Americans living off the west coast of the USA.

On the 11th of March, a devastating disaster hit the good people of Japan. A 9.0 earthquake struck off the east coast of Japan causing a massive tsunami, thousands of deaths, billions worth of damage, and a nuclear disaster.

Some say that in the event of a nuclear meltdown high levels of radiation will reach the west coast of the US as it will be carried by the jet stream. Others disagree to say that it poses no danger, any radiation will fall into the pacific, after all the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki did not affect the west coast. I personally think that this whole disaster is very unpredictable and I kept saying that since the start. this is not 1945 and its not another Chernobyl, it could get much worse very quickly. Again, its unpredictable.

I recommend checking this thread out if you haven't:
Jim Berkland (Geologist), W Coast Quake window starts March 19 2011

An apocalyptic scenario is likely to occur on the west coast and I'm looking at the worst possibility here. Lets say an earthquake hit the west coast or off the west coast, trapping many people, radiation levels rise but people are stuck. maybe the first sign telling people to get out of the west coast was the radiation reaching there.

trust me guys if I was there, I would know that its a sign telling me to leave. if high levels of radiation reach the west coast over time it can make things very ugly, now add an earthquake/tsunami to the mix and its something to worry about.

be safe and good luck.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Our hourglasses are about to be turned upside down again...
I really don't want to leave. My family won't survive as it is if this is the case, and then I'll feel really guilty if I decided to leave them behind.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I hear u man. already took off. went from british Columbia to Vermont. arrived yesterday.
crazy how much can change in a week.
all the beat wishes!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by koots751
I hear u man. already took off. went from british Columbia to Vermont. arrived yesterday.
crazy how much can change in a week.
all the beat wishes!

so you actually did it huh? Im still dragging my feet....

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I don't think it's the West Coast we have to worry about. Why is the President and many "Elites" going out of the country this weekend?
If they are leaving because of a "problem" that may occur in the West, they could simply go to the East Coast.

I'm not going to speculate that anything is going to happen this weekend, but I do find it odd.

www.michaelsavage.wnd.com...

I wanted to add that I find it kind of odd that our military is being pulled out because of the problem in Japan to Korea. Something just seems unsettling with the going ons this weekend.

edit on 063131p://03America/Chicago18 by Tinman67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I really did do it. all the way across. My family is out here anyway so it wasn't like I was leaving them.
It was actually quite easy and freeing.

Tinman -

I was under the impression the Japanese just recently aloud the US to come help with the situation.
Also as far as the president and elites leaving the country, I had quite a scare with that back in november, so this time I am going to do a little more research and figure out what they are leaving the country for.
I don't think the radiation could get out of hand on the weekend, but maybe something else could happen? I have noticed a lot of talk of earthquakes regarding the Super-Moon tomorrow. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Direct your thoughts and hopes towards the best possible scenario, but prepare for the worst. (whatever that might be? we don't know)

peace and love!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Tinman67

very interesting to say the least. A lot of things are unfolding as we speak. Any idea when Obama's trip ends?

There is a lower risk of radiation on the east coast, people would have time to organise and leave if they had to, but the west coast raises concern because its unpredictable, an earthquake or tsunami will entrap many people.

I feel like Obama is running away from all the problems. every time a big disaster occurs somewhere he leaves to another country

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

If ATS had a 'fear-mongering' flag, you'd have earned it.

The US is not in any danger at this time. Things may change in the coming days, but anyone leaving the west coast (or the country) already is suffering from some serious paranoia -- they want to speak with a therapist when they come back.

It was the same way after 9/11 -- people moving out of NY because of stories circulating about how terrorists were going to set off a nuke in times square or detonate a dirty bomb on the subway.

People who post these threads need to take responsibility for their actions and realize they're scaring people unnecessarily. People who are scared tend to do stupid things -- in this case, leave their homes / jobs / family / friends behind to avoid a threat that is non-existent.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I'm no Obama fan but this Brazil trip was planned a while ago.

-namaste

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dvrt10

If ATS had a 'fear-mongering' flag, you'd have earned it.

The US is not in any danger at this time. Things may change in the coming days, but anyone leaving the west coast (or the country) already is suffering from some serious paranoia -- they want to speak with a therapist when they come back.

It was the same way after 9/11 -- people moving out of NY because of stories circulating about how terrorists were going to set off a nuke in times square or detonate a dirty bomb on the subway.

People who post these threads need to take responsibility for their actions and realize they're scaring people unnecessarily. People who are scared tend to do stupid things -- in this case, leave their homes / jobs / family / friends behind to avoid a threat that is non-existent.

better prepared than sorry. this is not 9/11.

people need to stop comparing past events to current events, they never play out the same!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dvrt10

Friend, we are on ATS.
It is a GIVEN people will be speculating whether or not they should leave the west coast. Noone here is trying to convince people they should leave their homes and families, (jobs don't matter, nothing wrong with not being a slave to the system) we are simply asking the questions that SHOULD be asked.
If you don't want to read the thread or take our situation seriously, that is you're decision.
We are going to discuss this.
peace and love

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Quote:
I wanted to add that I find it kind of odd that our military is being pulled out because of the problem in Japan to Korea.

I wasn't aware of this - do you have a link regarding this.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy

Quote:
I wanted to add that I find it kind of odd that our military is being pulled out because of the problem in Japan to Korea.

I wasn't aware of this - do you have a link regarding this.

Here's one thread where we have been discussing this. This is just for dependents and is supposedly voluntary. We've actually added military units. The Ronald Reagan Strike Group has been diverted to the area. We have a greater US Navy presence there now than we have had since the Korean War. The military is NOT being pulled out. The military bases are NOT 'bugging out." That is false information. Jesus, ATS, do you ever fact check ANYTHING?!?

BTW, I'm on the West Coast and I'm not leaving, period.
edit on 3/18/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by koots751

Our Military bases in Japan are begining a bug out. As far as a radiation scare, I don't think that would explain an exodus from North America, however, the possibility of a major Earthquake, not just a danger on the West Coast, but in several possible locales, would cause the rats to leave the ship.

I hope that all of this is just over active paranoia, but as the man once said "Maybe I am just paranoid... or maybe someone really is out to get me?". Could go either way.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Dependents, or as stated, women and children first, then non-essential personnel, then essential personnel and finally the boss. As stated, in that order.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinman67
reply to post by schuyler

Dependents, or as stated, women and children first, then non-essential personnel, then essential personnel and finally the boss. As stated, in that order.

Only the dependents are leaving at this time, if they want to, and essential personnel are staying, as stated. If the George Washington turns tail and heads out to sea (leaving the Ronald Reagan behind), then we'll talk. Meanwhile the CAW 5 is sending all its cargo and helos north INTO the zone for relief efforts. Basically the military is moving onto a war footing. Basically we have two Carrier Strike Groups, one Amphibious Ready Group, plus several additional support vessels in Japan right now, over forty vessels. The Reagan just got there. We have far more fire power in Japan than we do off the coast of Libya.

But, carriers have fully-equipped hospitals. they can generate electricity for a small city. Their helos can transport some heavy cargo or evacuate people. And their supplly ships have a helluva lot of Diet Coke on board.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie

very interesting to say the least. A lot of things are unfolding as we speak. Any idea when Obama's trip ends?

There is a lower risk of radiation on the east coast, people would have time to organise and leave if they had to, but the west coast raises concern because its unpredictable, an earthquake or tsunami will entrap many people.

I feel like Obama is running away from all the problems. every time a big disaster occurs somewhere he leaves to another country

I checked the Mardi Gras schedule and it would seem he managed to miss it, thereby avoiding having to face the people in the Gulf. I think the football picks were going on then anyway.

Here's the latest Presidential appointment schedule: www.whitehouse.gov...

There's no indication when the South America festivities are over.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Here on my Caribbean island I was working together wiht a girl, that was Jewish.
Her father was from Holland.

She told me that just before the war, her father wanted to leave Holland because of all the actions against the Jews in Germany and he was afraid Hitler would invade Holland and then the same would happen there.
Her had some 11 brothers and sisters, each of them was a doctor, or lawyer or something.
He himself was a medical student.
Anyway, they all laughed at him, sure that Hitler would not invade Holland and nothing would happen.
He decided to stay, because none of his siblings wanted to give up their practices and he didn't want to leave all of them.

One day his mother took him aside and told him to leave if he wanted to, and never mind the family.

So he left.
After the war he was the only member of his family left. All were dead.

So if you feel you have to go, then go.

I'm sure that every family member - when things go terribly wrong- will be happy that at least one of them is safe.
I'm sure I would be.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I'm not leaving. I have no family in the East Coast, and I PUT TOO MUCH WORK into my Mad Max clothing

I'm curious, though,if the radiation levels don't go over 100 or 130 but the plutonium particles carry on over here and embed into our bodies? Radiation is radiation but plutonium is worse?
edit on 18-3-2011 by star in a jar because: grammar edits

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Didn't GW Bush buy a bunch of land in S America? I wonder were he is this weekend?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join