It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Polls Show Strong Opposition to US Intervention In Libya

page: 2
10
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher
 


They are both owned by the same rich people. So does it really matter? They both do as they are told.

Second cynical line.




posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
This American is dead set against the USA sticking their nose in to ANY middle-east conflict. Someone seriously needs to dehorn Obama. I say, stand back, let them fight it out. At some point, someone will take out that rubber-faced weirdo over there. Meanwhile, Obama needs to sit down, shut up and worry about the US for a change.



posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadDogtheHunter
This American is dead set against the USA sticking their nose in to ANY middle-east conflict. Someone seriously needs to dehorn Obama. I say, stand back, let them fight it out. At some point, someone will take out that rubber-faced weirdo over there. Meanwhile, Obama needs to sit down, shut up and worry about the US for a change.


hes owned. it wasn't his call. the puppet does what the puppeteer says



posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter
 


I respect what you have posted, but lets inhale some O2 here, it was the Arabic United Consortium that requested a N.AT.O. intervention and has requested a no fly zone. So how is it once again that the U.S. or anything related to N.A.T.O or Western Orientated influence be held accountable.

Either i am missing an obvious point here, or the Islamic Community cannot simply come to terms that united you either stand or divided you fall. Why blame a united consortium when they themselves are constantly fighting amongst themselves.

Once again, the evil U.S. , NATO, Christians are to be blamed and be targeted by illiteracy with home made apparatuses and when decided to retaliate we are considered the evil infidels.

What if N.A.T.O agreed to allow the Arabic Consortium to deal with an instability as a religion and global agenda based on human evolution that incorporated and enforced that any action upon a non Islamic fundamental nation was to be off limits and if and when engaged all agreements would cease to exist allowing non Islamic elected or religious funded nations to act upon the will of its people based on elections. Would this not satisfy even the most radical movements within the Islamic Consortium?. Would this justify those of us regardless of religion who simply would like to live and die in peace to engage and be done with those who choose to live by the order of mayhem instead of coexisting for the cause of humanity ?



posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter
 


Actually that is the general theme we will be taking into this, and keeping in mind during operations planning to help ensure a no fly zone. Standing back and letting them handle it as much as they can handle is exactly what we will be doing.



posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by disfugured
 


How about just obeying the rule of law and that silly archaic document, the constitution. Last I checked war requires a declaration from congress. But since this is so important to the banksters and oil barons, and since oil has not yet been driven to $200, and the police state has not yet been established, we'll just have to start WWIII to speed things along.



posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I literally teared up when I heard the news this morning. Not only could I not help but think of even more life being lost than we already have in the last couple weeks ALONE, but also of the President putting OUR TROOPS in harm's way just to settle a conflict the people themselves started. We are planning on going over there knowing FULL WELL that we will also be killing protesters. They are bound to get in the way.

Can you imagine if this happened in our country (which is something people talk about a lot around here), some other country claiming to come to rescue us from our own government, but then also destroying lives?

I am VEHEMENTLY opposed to this! Not only can we not afford the loss of life, we cannot afford it monetarily. Where the eff are we supposed to get the money to help yet another country settle it's internal affairs?



posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Originally posted by American-philosopher
reply to post by Aggie Man
 


The conservatives are trying to trap Obama? Thats one of the funniest conspiracies I have heard on hear to date.


Someone is pushing the U.S. enforcement of the "no-fly-zone" and it ain't the liberal consensus.


"Liberal Consensus" my ass! I'm just to the right of Atilla the Hun, and I'm dead set against ANY involvement there, no fly zone included. It ain't US pushing it...



posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter
 


Actually that is the general theme we will be taking into this, and keeping in mind during operations planning to help ensure a no fly zone. Standing back and letting them handle it as much as they can handle is exactly what we will be doing.


We've got boats and the like right there on site, and they're not just there to haul out our own nationals. That's too damned convenient.

We could "stand back and let them handle it" from our own living rooms, right here in the US. We don't need to be there at all.



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
We don't need any more Wars on this planet. We don't need any more young lives lost, civilians killed or economies destroyed by more fighting which only brings pain and misery for most.
edit on 19/3/2011 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar
 


"I respect what you have posted, but lets inhale some O2 here, it was the Arabic United Consortium that requested a N.AT.O. intervention and has requested a no fly zone. So how is it once again that the U.S. or anything related to N.A.T.O or Western Orientated influence be held accountable. "

You think Libyans care as much as you do about trivial details?.. does the "Arab league" represent Libyans?.. and judging on how pissed off the masses are at their Middle Easter "leaders", I would think it a safe bet to say Libyans probably don't give much of a rats sphincter about what a few unpopular US ass kissing Arab govt "leaders", so called, think is a good idea.

If Mexico, Canada and a "Consortium" of North American "leaders" asked the UN to impose a no fly zone over the US until obama & bush are handed over for war crimes.. how many fox news brain bleached GOP cultists would so value the opinions of foreign politicians, they'd jump on board with the UN and cheer on a NFZ??.. lol, I'm guessing none.

Yet Libyans are supposed to embrace nonsense from strangers?.. oh that's right... they don't have anything like "patriotism" in the Mid East, that's why foreigner meddling has been oh so warmly embraced by the people around Iraqi & Afghanistan.. the Afghanis have a rich tradition of allowing foreigners to rule them.. they love it!!

Lets say a Libyans family has been decimated by American made bomb, dropped from an American made plane, flown by a pilot trained in the USA.. I'm sure they won't blame the US at all once they find out the pilot had a Greek flag affixed upon his US manufactured uniform.

But here's a thought, if said flag was attached with Velcro made in China.. maybe Libyans will get pissed at China too!!.. lmao



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
They must have decided that since they cannot convince us of their fake little coup, that they need to attack Libya while Japan still has us distracted so that we wont protest their utter disregard for the will of the American people, the lives of the Libyan people, and the rule of law.

Disgusting. If anyone doubted that our leaders are bought and paid for by by oil and other wealthy interests, I hope this clears your illusions.



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders
 


actually, i think they keep the patriot act around just so they can bypass the constitution. obama, before elected was against the patriot act. once elected tho, guess he couldnt let go of that power. none get my vote who havent called this patriot act a travesty.



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander
 


s&f



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
To heck with Libya...Obama needs to take over Mexico and cut it up and make new US States.



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
We're not really getting deeply involved in this. France has taken the lead, and it's french planes that are in the skies there now. We're just refueling and jamming communications at this point. I dunno if france has any A-10 Thunderbolts at their disposal, but they would be much more effective at taking out Ghadafi's armor/tanks.



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
They must have decided that since they cannot convince us of their fake little coup, that they need to attack Libya while Japan still has us distracted so that we wont protest their utter disregard for the will of the American people, the lives of the Libyan people, and the rule of law.

Disgusting. If anyone doubted that our leaders are bought and paid for by by oil and other wealthy interests, I hope this clears your illusions.



Amen.

Unfortunately there are scores of sucker persona 1930s Germans out there who will cheer-lead their warmongering "leaders" regardless.

No wonder the oligarchs / bankers and dear leaders get away with so much.. their followers make it EASY.

Disgusting and surreal.



posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu
reply to post by tristar
 


"I respect what you have posted, but lets inhale some O2 here, it was the Arabic United Consortium that requested a N.AT.O. intervention and has requested a no fly zone. So how is it once again that the U.S. or anything related to N.A.T.O or Western Orientated influence be held accountable. "

You think Libyans care as much as you do about trivial details?.. does the "Arab league" represent Libyans?.. and judging on how pissed off the masses are at their Middle Easter "leaders", I would think it a safe bet to say Libyans probably don't give much of a rats sphincter about what a few unpopular US ass kissing Arab govt "leaders", so called, think is a good idea.

If Mexico, Canada and a "Consortium" of North American "leaders" asked the UN to impose a no fly zone over the US until obama & bush are handed over for war crimes.. how many fox news brain bleached GOP cultists would so value the opinions of foreign politicians, they'd jump on board with the UN and cheer on a NFZ??.. lol, I'm guessing none.

Yet Libyans are supposed to embrace nonsense from strangers?.. oh that's right... they don't have anything like "patriotism" in the Mid East, that's why foreigner meddling has been oh so warmly embraced by the people around Iraqi & Afghanistan.. the Afghanis have a rich tradition of allowing foreigners to rule them.. they love it!!

Lets say a Libyans family has been decimated by American made bomb, dropped from an American made plane, flown by a pilot trained in the USA.. I'm sure they won't blame the US at all once they find out the pilot had a Greek flag affixed upon his US manufactured uniform.

But here's a thought, if said flag was attached with Velcro made in China.. maybe Libyans will get pissed at China too!!.. lmao


Here we are only several hours later and the Arab league itself has decided to conduct and put forward along with nato support upon an individual who has no seat or say. Do not confuse although it may seem as so, that, it was called upon and not imposed.



posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I honestly don't think we're going to be in this one too long. I think Obama really didn't want to go in in the first place, I think he sensed the mood of the nation on this and let's face it, we really don't have the resources right now for more protracted warring. That's partly why it took him so long to start what's happening now, and I think he was only willing to go in if it was clear to our allies that they would be taking the lead and that our role would be very limited and essentially supporting them.

I doubt there will be any boots on the ground, save for a small number of Special Ops types needed for observation and targeting missions. I doubt we ever put more than a couple hundred guys in there, if even that many. It's possible we might just be relying on SAS and other countries guys for those sorts of missions and have nobody of our own in there.
edit on 3/21/2011 by LifeInDeath because: (no reason given)




top topics



 
10
<< 1   >>

log in

join