It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polls Show Strong Opposition to US Intervention In Libya

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Polls Show Strong Opposition to US Intervention In Libya

www.businessinsider.com

Be that as it may, American voters continue to be dead-set against US intervention in Libyan affairs, according to a number of recent polls. Between two-thirds and three-quarters of Americans (depending on which poll you're reading) tell pollsters they would rather not see the US "involved." You can read the poll data here
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I just thought this was interesting given all the media barrage about the war we've been getting. We've been told from mostly all the MSM outlets that the people support this war and that if you don't support getting rid of Gaddafi you're crazy. It just goes to show you that the lamestream media isn't actually as anti-war as everyone else thinks! They're about as pro-war as the next guy. The media outlets are trying to push a pro-war agenda with Libya and the Obama administration with Hillary Clinton are trying to ram this war down our throats and bypass congress. All in all, they're all aholes.

www.businessinsider.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
So who is the bigger warmonger President Obama or Bush the son?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

all this libya junk is just too distract and give msm something to talk about instead of the real news. Japan ! if Japan was still fine libya would hardly be a side note and the union issue would still be at the top. its a shell game and the msm is there to take your eyes off of what is really important.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by letscit

Yes it is a shell game but also these things are really happening. So, it's something that we have to take a stand against even if it's a non-issue because they're probably going to try to use this to make everyone pro-war again.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be wonderful if the US Gov listened to its people for once!?

Doubt I'll see that trend change anytime soon. I do credit the people for finally not wanting to take part of another country's affairs.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Yeah, I believe this Libyan conflict is a conservative designed trap...the intent is to pull Obama into another war to further damage his 2012 chances. If he stays true to his 2008 convictions, then he will avoid this trap..otherwise, this will be used against him as the elections near. Damn, I hope he stays clear of this trash.

The Arab League has approved the no-fly-zone. The Arab League has the military capability to enforce it. I suggest that the Arab League do the work. Otherwise, I'd rather pay higher gas prices than get into another conflict that reflects badly upon the U.S.

Someone needs to tell "Team U.S.A." that it's halftime...time to rest and regroup...time to come up with alternative strategies.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
It would seem that They do whatever They want - despite the citizens. This will be no different.

[sigh]

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The whole thing is total B$. The Arab nations are screaming at the West to intervene & slap Libya with the no fly mandate? Erm... doesn't anyone in the Arab nations have an air force, an army? I know Qatar is involved plane-wise, but surely they can sort out the trouble on their own doorstep without our family members having to step into harms way.... & get mired in the latest game move.
Oh... almost forgot, this is about OIL. Silly me. Notice how our governments sat back & did bugger all while the bulk of the 'atrocities' took place, then suddenly get a hardon when Gaddafi says "no more oil for you, western back-stabbers!"
I'm not backing this one. I'm not interested & will even go as far as to say I won't back my own in uniform for getting involved. I'm done with this crap period.

edit on 18/3/11 by HelionPrime because: croppy spilling

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

The conservatives are trying to trap Obama? Thats one of the funniest conspiracies I have heard on hear to date.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
No worries, we won't be getting involved.

Our UAVs on the other hand...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Umm..okay i may have missed something here, since it is not the U.S. who are engaged, but it has been from day one a N.A.T.O. operation, now, if i am mistaken or have wrongfully been informed, then i foresee several people on the next flight out faster than what a heart beat is after a 45 minute aerobic session.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by American-philosopher

The conservatives are trying to trap Obama? Thats one of the funniest conspiracies I have heard on hear to date.

Someone is pushing the U.S. enforcement of the "no-fly-zone" and it ain't the liberal consensus.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Sad.. The polls show the voice of the people.. The american government wont listen to the voice of the people..
edit on 18-3-2011 by Expat888 because: Tengu creating chaos..

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The only intervention I would ever support is if the opposition group held strong ideals in line with a Constitutional Republic. I would also only be happy if we actually went the route of declaring war. But Congress, unless it really hits the fan, will never in my lifetime ever declare war. They have redesigned the presidential war powers to allow one man to decide who gets bombed and who doesn't; all without the intervention of Congress.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

So it must be the conservatives. Not Obama is pushing his own aganda and breaking with the liberal democrats.(or more precisely he is pushing someone else's agenda)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Milions marched against Iraq War and nothing happen ..who cares abour one poll

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

What does this have to do with the topic?

Of course, a mission in Libya is unnecessary at this point. I don't care how much the lame-ass war hawks cry and chastise Obama for not being "tough". It's about damn time that people realized that we can't afford these little adventures anymore.

It is not our job to depose Quaddafi. He is no more crazier than the US government, which insists on funding two failed wars and other adventures around the world. Whether Bush or Obama, they're all one and the same.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

my fault for being off-topic I was jsut responding to someone.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Damn skippy. We dont need to be dropping any more cash to faciliate the little chess game the oil industry and related bastards have going on down there.

They can pay for their own coup, tyvm.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join