It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chernobyl Japans Mirror Of Terror Obscene & Horrifying

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Hello friends

I would like to share with you the harrowing account and profound similarities that mirror the Nuclear disaster of Chernobyl with the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant disaster.

What I am about to show you is a truly harrowing and sometimes terrifying account from the people of Chernobyl following the worlds worst ever nuclear disaster.

I want you to look at the similarities between Chernobyl and Fukushima. The quotes from the citizens of the past and present collide as if a relection in time.

At the end of this post is a link to the full PDF document entitled Voices From Chernobyl.

Please take the time to read it. This is a real account of life during and after and nuclear event.

Below are extracts taken from the publication, Voices From Chernobyl. Directly underneath will be an extract from Japan 2011. Firstly however may I share a few comments from the translator of the document.

]

SVETLANA ALEXIEVICH
TRANSLATION AND PREFACE BY KEITH GESSEN

On September 11, 2001, after the first hijacked plane hit the World Trade Center, emergency triage stations were set up throughout New York City. Doctors and nurses rushed to their hospitals for extra shifts, and many individuals came to donate blood.

These were touching acts of generosity and solidarity. The shocking thing about them was that the blood and triage stations turned out to be unnecessary.
There were few survivors of the collapse of the two towers.

The effects of the explosion and nuclear fire at the Chernobyl power plant in 1986 were the exact opposite.

The initial blast killed just one plant worker, Valeriy Khodomchuk, and in the next few weeks fewer than thirty workers and firemen died from acute radiation poisoning.

But tens of thousands received extremely high doses of radiation—it was an accident that produced, in a way, more survivors than victims—and this book is about them.
Much of the material collected here is obscene

In the very first interview, Lyudmilla Ignatenko, the wife of a Fireman whose brigade was the first to arrive at the reactor, talks about the total degeneration of her husband's very skin in the week before his death, describing a process so unnatural we should never have had to witness it.

They explained that the Zone of Exclusion, as the Soviets termed the land within thirty kilometers of the Chernobyl power plant, evacu-ated of humans, was still filled with household pets. But the dogs and cats had absorbed heavy doses of radiation in their fur, and were liable, presumably, to wander out of the Zone. The hunters had to go in and shoot them all.

THE first comprehensive data testing by US nuclear scientists shows radioactive contamination has spread within the 30km Fukushima exclusion zone.

HeraldSun

The literature on the subject is pretty unanimous in its opinion that the Soviet system had taken a poorly designed reactor and then staffed it with a group of incompetents. It then proceeded, as the interviews in this book attest, to lie about the disaster in the most criminal way. In the crucial first ten days, when the reactor core was burning and releasing a steady stream of highly radioactive material into the surrounding area, the authorities repeatedly claimed that the situation was under control.

March 16, 2011 | 0037 GMT PRINTPRINT
The fire at Japan’s Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant is under control, a state nuclear safety agency spokesman stated, AFP reported March 15. The fire and smoke appears to have gone out of its own accord, according to information from Tokyo Electric Power Co., the official said. The blaze broke out on the fourth floor of reactor No. 4.

Stratfor

This is the remarkable thing. On the one hand, total incompetence, indifference, and out-and-out lies. On the other, a genuinely frantic effort to deal with the consequences. In the week after the accident, while refusing to admit to the world that anything really serious had gone wrong,

The world should act with concern, if not rage, at the incompetence and seeming compli-city of the Vienna-based International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) with Japanese officials and officials of Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO) in keeping the world ignorant, if not misinformed, on what’s really going on at

Manila Times

sand onto the reactor fire from the open doors of helicopters (analysts now think this did more harm than good). When the fire stopped, they climbed onto the roof and cleared the radioactive debris. The machines they brought broke down because of the radiation. The humans wouldn't break down until weeks or months later, at which point they'd die horribly.

VOICES FROM CHERNOBYL

As a result of the perpetual presence of small doses of radiation, the number of people with cancer, mental retardation, neurological disorders, and genetic mutations increases with each year. —"Chernobyl." Eelaruskaya entsiklopedia

Extract 1

A Solitary Human Voice

I don't know what I should talk about—about death or about love? Or are they the same? Which one should I talk about? We were newlyweds. We still walked around holding hands, even if we were just going to the store. I would say to him, "I love you." But I didn't know then how much. I had no idea . . . We lived in the dormitory of the fire station where he worked.

One night I heard a noise. I looked out the window. He saw me. "Close the window and go back to sleep. There's a fire at the reactor. I'll be back soon." I didn't see the explosion itself. Just the flames. Everything was radiant. The whole sky. A tall flame. And smoke. The heat was awful. And he's still not back.

Sometimes it's as though I hear his voice. Alive. Even pho-tographs don't have the same effect on me as that voice. But he never calls to me . . . not even in my dreams. I'm the one who calls to him. Seven o'clock. At seven I was told he was in the hospital. I ran there, but the police had already encircled it, and they weren't letting anyone through. Only ambulances. The po-licemen shouted: the ambulances are radioactive, stay away! I wasn't the only one there, all the wives whose husbands were at the reactor that night had come.

I saw him. He was all swollen and puffed up. You could barely see his eyes.

No one said anything about radiation. And the town was inundated right away with military vehicles, they closed off all the roads. The trolleys stopped running, and the trains. They were washing the streets with some white powder.

Image Japan March 2011

He started to change—every day I met a brand-new person.

The burns started to come to the surface. In his mouth, on his tongue, his cheeks—at first there were little lesions, and then they grew. It came off in layers—as white film . . . the color of his face . . . his body . . . blue . . . red . . . gray-brown.
And it's all so very mine!
It's impossible to describe! It's impossible to write down! And even to get over.

The only thing that saved me was it happened so fast; there wasn't any time to think, there wasn't any time to cry.
I loved him! I had no idea how much! We'd just gotten married.

We're walking down the street—he'd grab my hands and whirl me around. And kiss me, kiss me. People are walking by and smiling.
It was a hospital for people with serious radiation poisoning.

...................................................................................................................................................... ...........
I'm sorry But the rest of the script is extremely upsetting and graphic. I had hoped to post more however as it is so sad for me to read personaly I think the best thing is to read the rest of the document which in itself is a heart wrenching account of the sufferings involved by people like you and I during a nuclear event.

Below are extracts taken from the publication, Voices From Chernobyl. Directly underneath will be an extract from Japan 2011. Firstly however may I share a few comments from the translator of the document.

For those few of you who are still with me at the end of my post, thank you for sharing your time and I hope that this post is able to touch you in a positive way. Love, Peace and Friendship to you. xxx

FULL PDF VOICES FROM CHERNOBYL

Further reading An astounding pictorial view of the Ghost Town Of Chernobyl Now.

Village Of Joy.com

edit on 18-3-2011 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Thank you so much for bringing it down to the real people. Mox fuel makes this far worse than Chernobyl no matter what lies they say. They are even talking about a possible chaining going off and I am very much concerned for all those in Japan, and in the world.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

My heart is with them all unity and we can only live in hope that people will be safe.

It's far too easy for us to read headlines and watch TV reports but to read full accounts from those who live yet suffer to this day adds a whole new perspective.

Thank you for your reply

new topics

join