It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HBGary's nemesis is a '16-year-old schoolgirl'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

HBGary

www.theregister.co.uk

Forbes has bagged an interview with the "teenage girl" who supposedly played a key role in hacking security firm HBGary on behalf of Anonymous.

HBGary Federal earned the enmity of the loosely knit hacker collective by threatening to expose its membership at the B-Sides security conference last month. The security consultancy unwisely publicised the planned move, which followed weeks after members of Anonymous brought down the websites of MasterCard and PayPal in an act of cyber-solidarity/vandalism (take your pick) and in support of WikiLeaks.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 18-3-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
So a 16 year old school girl took down the US Governments security contractor. I can't help but laugh at the security contractors and the US government but at the same time feel sorry for the girl who has been called a terrorist and had many people say hang her for treason.

I know a lot of people say I don't believe Annoymous is a bunch of school kids. Well I guess they have some proof now that they are. So now are you ready to hang a kid or throw her in quantonomo bay?

www.theregister.co.uk

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
blogs.forbes.com...

Is This The Girl That Hacked HBGary?
Next time you see a flock of teenage girls in the mall, note that one of them might be Kayla. As your average 16-year-old, she regularly hangs out with friends, works part time at a salon and hopes one day to be a teacher.

Behind the scenes though, she’s a big time supporter of Anonymous, the loosely knit global hacking group that brought down the Web sites of MasterCard and PayPal in defence of WikiLeaks. That’s what she claims at least. Kayla flits around the web with so covert an identity that I cannot fully verify her age or gender.

So are we going to see Homeland Security bring in troops to arrest teenage girls at the mall using armored personnel carriers or maybe they will raid the cheerleaders as they practice at school?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

According to Obama's new agenda, he has the power (given to him by him) to label anyone a terrorist and once labeled, lock them up without charges or a trial...indefinitely. And let's not forget that Bush paved the way for legal torture, all in the name of protecting the HomeLand. (Still can't use that term without a shudder).

So, is it above TPTB to make an example of a 16 yr old school girl in order to reign in and terrorize the other would be teenage terrorists? It would not surprise me one bit.

Forgot to mention the legal killing of American citizens in the War on Terror. Yeah, that one slipped by a lot of people.

edit on 18-3-2011 by jude11 because: edit

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
This girl hacker wouldn't happen to have a Dragon Tattoo, would she?

edit on 18-3-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

link   
I guess when you militarize social media populated by school kids the enemy ends up being the school kids. So where is the greenzone on facebook, myspace, twitter or blogs so the noncombatants can avoid the conflicts?

link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

So a 16 year old school girl took down the US Governments security contractor. I can't help but laugh at the security contractors and the US government but at the same time feel sorry for the girl who has been called a terrorist and had many people say hang her for treason.

I know a lot of people say I don't believe Annoymous is a bunch of school kids. Well I guess they have some proof now that they are. So now are you ready to hang a kid or throw her in quantonomo bay?

www.theregister.co.uk

I don't see it as funny as it is impressive. I've heard someone say there is no computer that can not be hacked. If this is true, age does not matter.

Terrorist or hero? There's an argument for both but either way, I'd like to see Anonymous take down bigger and important fish that affect everyone instead of security firms that just replace their boss and continue doing the same thing they did before thus making Anonymous' efforts...pointless and for "lulz".

In fact, will ANY of their acts change corrupt companies they go after? No. It will more likely affect the internet and play into the hands of the U.S. government for more control. Anonymous could be doing more harm than good.

Lastly, isn't Anonymous supposed to be "anyone and everyone"? So teenager or adult - that's irrelevant.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Aside from the beliefs as to whether Anonymous serves purpose or not, this is pretty much a standard method of attack. Social engineering is extremely powerful and can yield more access at times than out right hacking. Historical figures involved in hacking were very successful using these techniques. That aside the article goes on to doubt the veracity of these claims:

She told Forbes that her dad knows about her activities and though he "disapproves", he hasn't "done anything about it".

This sounds implausible and the supposed teenager's refusal to talk to Forbes via Skype also appears shifty.

Sounds fishy.
brill

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I posted this yesterday on another tread.

I guess this is the prep work so they can start charge kids as terorist for hacking computers. They know anonymous involves a lot of kids hacking computers thinking its fun. But if they start to make the public think of kids as terrorist they beleive the public will let them lock children up for being kids if government secrets are involved.

I still say this is propaganda. Lets take a look at what cryptome.org... released yesterday.
Alshamikha Female Jihad Magazine (Arabic) March 16, 2011 (2.3MB)
cryptome.org...

This is propaganda that is meant to win the approval of targeting women and children as terrorist. Remeber how the war on terror brought forth laws to convict terrorist. Now you have terror related charges against citizens all across America, but terrorist still sit in quantonomo bay with no charges. How did that happen?

And I warn you that a 12 or 13 year old kid will be chareged as a terrorist for hacking the government in a few years and they will use the excuse he bullied his classmates and now hes hacked the government as proof of why he has a life sentence.

edit on 17-3-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

JW Obtains Defense Intelligence Documents Detailing Terrorist Campaign to Recruit Juveniles & Launch
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So I say the gears are turning already and it might be to late to wonder if the governments going to go to far.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

No, it's not too late to wonder if they have gone too far. It has happened already and the people still trusting the MSM are oblivious.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Pff, a 'teenage girl.' Everybody knows that there are no girls on the internet!

edit: I have 1111 stars!
edit on 18-3-2011 by SmedleyBurlap because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Hey, didn't Angelina Jolie make a movie about this girl back in like 1996?

I actually think that the movie was called Hackers.

A little bit of social engineering at work for you.

Do not ever doubt the truth behind Pavlov and Skinner and the science of Behaviorism and Group Psychology.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Oh gawd I hope shes hot, and has a lip ring and nice long black hair and wears a plad skirt.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
So he's a GIRL is he?

Guy
In
Real
Life

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Oh gawd I hope shes hot, and has a lip ring and nice long black hair and wears a plad skirt.

and knee high leggings, garter and a tramp stamp!

but legal age!
edit on 18-3-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

top topics

join