It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ to white male bullying victims: Tough luck

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

No, you have a gross misunderstanding of the act. With your logic, there would be no need for that act at all since everyone would have equal standing under the law. They don't. In the practical and literal implication of the law, race = non white and sex equals female.

If you have every worked on a matter that was being governed by the EEOC you would understand how the law is implemented and it is without question implemented in a manner that excludes Christian, white males under the age of 40.

Go ahead and lay a bunch of folks off. Do the work that your internal counsel will tell you what to do and you will without question be told that certain folks can not be laid off because of their status and that you will need to substitute young white males for them. Does that mean that protected folks can't be laid off? Of course not, but if you have 20 people you are going to lay off and you have 4 women over 40 on the team and all 4 of them are among the worst performers on the team and, being honest, you decide that you want to lay all of them off, eliminating all over 40 year old women from the team. They will tell you that you can't. Why can't you? Because they are protected and were they to sue and engage an employment lawyer they will look at the list and claim discrimination under the civil rights act and that you are targeting that group of protected folks. Been there done that, several times.

Regardless of what your interpretation of the act is, white, straight, Christian males under 40 are the only unprotected class. You can lay 20 out of 20 of them off and should they sue for discrimination the EEOC, which is a federal organization, they will not engage in their defense. Why not, because they have no standing under the act. If you have never sat across the table from an employment lawyer and a staff member from the EEOC or filled out the documentation mandated by the EEOC than you don't know what you are talking about.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I'm only in my 30s. When I was a kid, I was bullied, but unlike kids today, I wasn't brainwashed into believing turning the other cheek was the only way to handle the problem. I punched them in the face (if they were girls) or kicked them as hard as I could in the balls (if they were guys). The bully was usually punished for instigating the fight. Even if there was no punishment, the bully never ever bothered me again. This was true through Jr. High.

It started to change in the 1990s. In high school, they punished the kid defending himself right along with the bully. Turning the other cheek in today's school environment only gives the bullies one more target. The bullies are protected. It happened to my son in fifth grade. They gang up on kids like rabid jackals now and the teachers encourage it, sometimes by just ignoring the facts or actively believing the "odd child" (which is what my son's principal referred to him as while defending the little illegitimate sons of female dogs who were responsible) deserves it. She admitted the bullying was occurring almost constantly and did nothing. My kid was quiet and studied hard, got good grades, and was overweight. Those were his only "sins". He tried to fight back once and got put in a tiny room and they called in in school suspension. The bullies got NOTHING! As the parent of a white kid, I had no recourse. I went all the way to the superintendent and no one lifted a finger to stop it. I'm sure if he were another race instead of white, something different would have happened because the system would have been afraid of a lawsuit.

I wanted to strangle her. I really was that angry. Instead, I pulled my kid out of school. He's home schooled now. When I see how stupid and mean other public school boys his age are, I know I made the right decision.

Discrimination does happen. Having been on the receiving end of the stupidity that is the public school system and their anti bullying measures, I would not be surprised if what the author of the Washington Times article inferred was correct. Even if that is not the spirit of the initiative, that will be the end result because the people in charge are usually too stupid to think out of the box and apply it to everyone equally.

(Sorry about the rant. I feel better now.
)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
tncryptogal, It's good to hear people like you learned to defend themselves from aggressive bullies and that you learned to fight back and not just take it lying down. Most everyone I would guess has been bullied at some time or another, some of us including myself much more than others, but I have litle doubt it has made us MUCH stronger but for some of us hard to erase the scars perhaps permanently implanted in our souls and brains.

I tought my children to try and be tolerant within reason of people's bullying with words and let people's 'bad days' slide if possible remembering we all have them but if things persist or become PHYSICALLY violent then that was the time to draw the line. Luckily my children didn't have to go through what i did, but if they were EVER physcially attacked and fought back and the school EVER would have tried to make them out to be the bad person for defending themselves the school would have NEVER heard the end of it, I would have made it my lifes misson to make sure I set things right I would have organized and fought every step of the way until I had the issue resolved no matter how much energy and time it would have taken.

It's probably good I didn't have the extreme attitude then that I have now i have little doubt that if I had known then what I know now some of the bullies would have suffered permanant damage and they would have been stopped DEAD in their tracks. I still believe in turning the other cheek within reason, I am still able to do that, knowing that often abused kids from dysfunctional settings become abusers themselves, often without realizing it, keeping this in mind before I react to someone who is reacting themselves, but at the same time I have learned to say if someone crosses this very tolerant line they do so at their own risk and I guarantee they will wish they hadn't. That is the lesson i have learned and one i have passed on to my own offspring for better or worse.

The schools have a responabilty but often they will fail or turn a blind eye to the bullying not wanting to offend bulllies parents others etc., in the end it will come down to each and everyone learning how and when to defend themselves and having the ability and means and support from at least home to do it, and having the strength of mind to say that will just be how it is and the chips will just fall where they may.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

Thanks. I see a lot of the people who used to pick on me now and their lives aren't so great. They have declining health, bad relationships ect. I think negativity poisons you and in the end, you do reap what you sow. It doesn't help the kids suffering right this moment though.

We have a school system that won't even follow the ADA and IEP laws. I don't know why the heck I thought they'd do the right thing about the jackals.

My grandmother always told me "Laurie Ann, don't you ever start no crap you make darn sure you finish it." (she used more colorful language of course.)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The kids killed themselves because they weren't given the proper love and strength and wisdom from their parents. -TB

TB, unfortunately it's really not always that simple, while obviously those things may likely help, when a child with other problems such as clinical depression or other chemical/mental/emotional etc. imbalances is bullied and possibly pushed over the edge, he may respond by bringing dads 9mm to school and putting an end once and for all to his tormentors and then taking his own life. I'm not sure the DOJ really is the best place to start here i agree, and I do find their wording looking like it is aimed at protecting so called 'minorities', instead of being based in a more equal nature, but really the burden of keeping an ordered school seems it should come from the school and perhaps locality first and if it doesn't parents should raise cain and never let up until they come around. Too as i said in my earlier post ideally parents should try to impart the correct avenues of when to turn the other cheek vs. when to defend oneself but often we're talking about the mildest and shyest and often weakest physically kids who may not be 'able' to do that especially at that age. Somebody I think needs to go to bat for them and maybe at times literally.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Learn how to fight people.
Learn how to defend yourself.
Bullying is wrong when it comes to kids, but it's been around for hundreds of years.

Learn to defend yourself and protect yourself and it won't happen.
Take boxing, or muay thai lessons.
edit on 20-3-2011 by DuceizBack because: Spelling.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

It also covers those who are DISABLED. So if you're a drug-adled beer-drinking straight white guy who recently had a heart attack... and likes to make the walls rattle with music from THE DOORS while their nutjob girlfriend stomps her feet around the house trying to provoke confrontations with neighbors... you're also covered.
edit on 20-3-2011 by hederahelix because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Why does this surprise you? And WHY, PRAY TELL, you don't think this goes for straight WHITE FEMALES AS WELL??? I will tell you something I was bullied too and had black principles all through school and I was a MAJOR B# I didn't take bullying very well, usually they got eviscerated by me, and guess who always got suspended regardless of only defending herself? Well that would be ME the white chick, yes... this has always been the case, even when my son was thrown down a flight of steps when he was in school by a black kid, the fat a# black principle there was "oh we didn't see it, nothing we can do" so I told my son to catch him outside after school in the playground and whoop his ugly monkey A#! To which my kid did and then fled home, after school let out one day!!! HAHAHA! And when they tried to suspend him I asked "Well who saw him touch that kid, did you?" The principle said no, so I told her "well then you can't just take his word; did you take my son's word when the A#Hole threw him down the steps? NO, SO STFU!" And the stupid principle dropped it, nothing else her ugly fat A# could do, without being bought in front of the school board by me and she knew it, because I am still a vile B# when I am messed with! Not only that the next day his friend's caught the same kid and tarnished his but after school as well. Lol. Just because he told on my son after he started all the bullspit. This is a trend growing in america you can't have any predujices for anyone except if they're white then it's totally a - ok! I hope they take a good look in the mirror one day and see what vile, disgusting people they are, I mean after being through it themselves you'd think they'd understand better than anyone how vile racism is, but yet they still invoke it upon us? Guess they are going to have to live a few more lifetimes of oppression and stuff to learn their lessons.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The Civil Rights act is a massive pice of legislation, and open to misinterpretation because of it as well as case law that goes with it. For those who still ahve issues as to why the Feds dont have jurisidiction you need to see it from their side -

42 USC 1983.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
What about redheads? Carrot tops, day walkers, gingers, freckleface? I guess they don't count.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Also in my opinion this whole anti bullying stuff is in itself stupid. Everybody is "bullied" at some point or other. You learn to deal with it on your own. Next we will have psychological bullying. If you look at somebody wrong your in trouble. When will this insanity stop. Kids need to learn to stand up for themselves. Is the DOJ gonna come help your entire life if somebody calls you fatso? Gimme a break.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Josephus23

Did that constant harassment interfere with your ability to work in a safe environment??? Were you emotionally and physically DISABLED as a result of those continuous assaults??? Does the government now have to pick up the tab because of those assaults??? The DOJ does have a stake in stopping this, you know.
edit on 20-3-2011 by hederahelix because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
As hard as it seems to be understood. This is not a colour issue. This is a human issue.
There are no honour killings, there are just killings. There are no colour bullying, it is plain and clear bullying.

If you keep on separating humans you will end up being another problem to the problem.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I am a School Resource Officer at a high school in Florida. We have a good track record dealing with bullying. Once we receive a complaint we have the victim fill out a statement and let them go back to class. We then call any witness to the incident(s) and have them fill out a statement. We then confront the suspect and take a statement from them. If it continues we suspended them for 3 days. If it continues after that 5 days. The third time they are out and going to the Alternative Learning Center. There is also contact to the parents letting them know what is going on.That of course only implies that the bullying is strictly verbal in nature. If there is a physical altercation their trip to the Alternative Learning Center comes a lot quicker.

I think it is a good idea to Police the schools to make sure they are doing their job. We have to be held accountable in some way. However I also think some of the liability should fall onto the parents of the suspect. Especially if the school informs them that their child is a suspect in a bullying complaint.

Just an added note. I've worked in two different schools in my city and the African American/Hispanic population seem to be the LEAST bullied. That of course can be contributed to them being the minority of the school. However the consensus from the faculty and students I talk to is that they are not bullied as much because students are more "scared" of retaliation from them. More so than any other group. This is just my observation. In no way is it fact.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join