It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ to white male bullying victims: Tough luck

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

DOJ to white male bullying victims: Tough luck

www.washingtontimes.com

The administration's anti-bullying campaign has been ongoing since the beginning of Mr. Obama's term. The Department of Justice announced in December 2010 its intention to hold liable school districts that fail to protect students that are bullied.

Here is the catch. DOJ will only investigate bullying cases if the victim is considered protected under the 1964 Civil Rights legislation. In essence, only discrimination of the victim’s race, color, religion, sex or will be considered by DOJ.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
So a straight, white male has no protection by the DOJ should the bring suit against a school for being bullied. The DOJ will not investigate claims brought forth by a straight, white male.

How is this "justice"? I thought we had the first "post racial" president in office now, but what we have is not a post racial administration, but rather an administration that is governed by race. The DOJ refusing to address the black panther voter intimidation case, the recent engagement by the DOJ to lower the standards (to failing) in Dayton to enable more blacks to become police officers, the business with Obama when he immediately spoke against the Boston police force and sided with his friend, absent getting any of the facts, his refusal to enforce the immigration laws because the illegal immigrants are Hispanic.

This is obviously purposeful. It is outrageous, a violation of the principal of equal treatment under the law. It is being done to divide the electorate.

Many, including myself, thought that the election of Obama would go a long way to improving race relations in the country. His election has done exactly the opposite and this country is becoming increasingly polarized along racial lines.

The wanton desire to not apply the law in a color-blind fashion is troubling to say the least. It is by definition racist.

I guess that folks who were suggesting that Obama must have learned something from attending Rev. Wright's church for 20 years were right. I'm sorry, but I find it impossible to draw any other conclusion.

www.washingtontimes.com
edit on 18-3-2011 by dolphinfan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Hon. James David Manning speaks about black people hating america just like Obama and Jeremiah Wright

Link :www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

The administration's anti-bullying campaign has been ongoing since the beginning of Mr. Obama's term. The Department of Justice announced in December 2010 its intention to hold liable school districts that fail to protect students that are bullied.

Here is the catch. DOJ will only investigate bullying cases if the victim is considered protected under the 1964 Civil Rights legislation. In essence, only discrimination of the victim’s race, color, religion, sex or will be considered by DOJ.

only discrimination of the victim’s race, color, religion, or sex will be considered by DOJ.

Where is the part where it mentions not listening to white males?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

We white males don't need help from the DOJ, we handle things the old fashioned way, with fists of fury and hadoukens.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by binomialtheorem

By virtue of the administration implementing this policy under the guise of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 dictates that only those in protected classes are subject to the policy. There is only one group in the US that is not protected and that is the straight, white, Christian male under the age of 40.

Female - protected
Racial minority - protected
Religious minority - protected
Over 40 years old - protected
Sexual minority, including homosexuals, bi-sexuals, transgenered, cross-gendered - protected

By implementing this policy under the current civil rights laws they are by definition excluding straight, white, Christian males under the age of 40 from the protections of the law.

Hell, not a problem, its only the same level of discrimination that that group encounters in many elements of our society.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
This is what the DOJ statement says (from the linked article):

The Civil Rights Division and the entire Justice Department are committed to ending bullying and harassment in schools, and the video highlights the Department’s authority to enforce federal laws that protect students from discrimination and harassment at school because of their race, national origin, disability, religion, and sex, including harassment based on nonconformity with gender stereotypes.

The enforcement of the Equal Protection Clause, Title IV of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 in school districts is a top priority of the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division. Additional information is available at the Civil Rights Division’s Educational Opportunities Section website at www.justice.gov/crt/edo/.

This is what the author of that article infers from it:

Here is the catch. DOJ will only investigate bullying cases if the victim is considered protected under the 1964 Civil Rights legislation. In essence, only discrimination of the victim’s race, color, religion, sex or will be considered by DOJ. The overweight straight white male who is verbally and/or physically harassed because of his size can consider himself invisible to the Justice Department.

Really? Is THAT what the DOJ is saying? Show me exactly where, in print, the DOJ states it will not act on cases of bullying that just happen to be against white males.

This was a pathetic, poorly-worded article that played up the whole "white males are the real victims of racism" without providing anything of substance to substantiate his claim.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Wouldn't a white straigh male who is bullied for either his race, religion or sexuality be included in this? Straight, Christian, White males don't have to worry to much, they aren't on the recieving end of bullying too often, but I'm sure if they were racially or sexually discriminated against they would also be included. Well at least I hope so. If not, then you could count this as discrimination itself. What needs to be done though, is a seperate anti-bullying act like this which passes penalties for all sorts of bullying. That means white guys who beat on other white guys, black guys who beat on other black guys and so forth.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Really? Do you have any doubt how this will be enforced? We had the gent from the Justice Department blow the whistle and quit only a few months ago because he was specifically told that the DOJ would not pursue voter intimidation cases brought forth by whites.

By stating that the law will be enforced under the 1964 Civil Rights Act by definiton excludes those (that) group that is not protected under that act. The administration could easily have stipulated that they will enforce a no bullying act that will protect any student in any school in the country, but they did not do that.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
Christian, White males don't have to worry to much, they aren't on the recieving end of bullying too often, but I'm sure if they were racially or sexually discriminated against they would also be included.

Where'd you get that factoid from? I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but from what I've seen it can't be true. Bullying happens to everyone.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
If the DOJ is getting involved with people being bullied at school (which is ridiculous in the first place) then they should investigate bullying regardless of the reason. Why is the civil liberties act even brought into this?

A victim of bullies is a victim regardless of the reason for being bullied. The fact that the DOJ wants to nitpick what they do and don't care about with regards to who can get bullied shows they have no idea what they are doing.

As far as the DOJ is concerned, it's open season on harassing people for being fat, poor, ugly, retarded, etc. None of those are covered by the act, yet those are probably some of the most common causes of bullying.

But really the whole thing is summed up in one word: STUPID

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by totalmetal

Christian, White males don't have to worry to much, they aren't on the recieving end of bullying too often, but I'm sure if they were racially or sexually discriminated against they would also be included.

Where'd you get that factoid from? I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but from what I've seen it can't be true. Bullying happens to everyone.

Sorry, I meant racial and sexual discrimination. Not bullying per se.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by totalmetal

Sorry, I meant racial and sexual discrimination. Not bullying per se.

White males do undergo racial discrimination. It's more common than you may think. Some people call it reverse racism, but it's just regular racism... I've been through it myself... In fact I was once in a place where I was literally surrounded by racism against whites, some of it even perpetuated by other whites.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I believe the issue is that the DOJ wouldn't normally have jurisdiction unless specifically using the Civil Rights act as the legal tool to enforce a no bullying push. I don't think this has anything to do with racism against us white guys.

Bullying is not a problem, bullying in school is a gift. It teaches kids strength, it teaches them how to prepare for the real world. If it becomes violent then local authorities can step in on assault and battery charges which are illegal across the board.

The real problem is "Protected" groups. This tells kids they aren't as good as a non-protected group because they need special protection. How horrible is that?

Maybe instead of attacking bullies they should work on self esteem building and not telling people they need special protections which also infers it is somehow expected they should be bullied.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by totalmetal

Yup, thats the first thought that came too my head, reverse racism, for whatever odd and crazy reason. i never understood it, other than some whtie sympathize or feel thier african american? which leads me to belive thier either bi polar or something an inncapable of making any decisions or something ya know.
I was bullied real bad in middle school, late 80's. not one teacher nor the principale did anything until i fought back, which i got in toruble for anyway. 13 at the time nerdish ( cool guy now). this one african ameican girl would keep pushing her fingers in my face n mouth caling me whitey* Im caucasian for the record. Latino gang lookin wanna be dude, angel, would make remarks to me, come up n start messing with me. all this anger built in me, till one day, the african american chick approached me again, and i stood up in vblind anger and pushed her across the room n floor. she got up and started throwing punches ina pinwheel manner. pushed her off and teacher finally interveined at that point.
as for the angel..smae thing. one day he approached, poking his fingers at me, i had enough. its like time and space collide or something. wwent blind in a sense form all the piled up anger of too much is too much, and pushed him till he almost went on his back, yelling and daring him to give me his best. of course, i got 3 days suspended, angel got 4 days detention. the result..the principale says to me..im proud of what yuo did. he was caucasian too. you stood uo for yuorself. i got repsect form the school after that.resorting to violence as opposed to aplace of education. then again, thats a school that hired a teacher with a metal plate in her head..she had mood swings day to day, persoanlity changes.
bullying should be dealt with by teachers on the spot* one or both too the office for principale evaluation. not doing so, allows the student ot do as they like n please.
now, as too why thies reverse racism takes place, too me is a msytery. thier should be fairness for all* nto one race. but in todays twisted world, it happens. african americans are known ( no pun intended its just how things are known) to take up welfare, costing taxpayers money, by having a kid every 9 months to stay on the system. white peopel are known as being the rich wealthy ones, which is bull really. go into any corporate office, thiers yuor answer. latinos are known for being hard hard workers, staying here illegaly costing us tons of money, but are obviously, preffered over any race, for working much cheaper. its jsut seems to me, that whties are being shown, punished o soemthing, hwo it is for latinos and african americans in a sense. i dunno...i think in some way, it turns people like the DOJ on or something in some perverted sick way. they sound like the same people, like that judge a montha go, who in court, a woman who was raped, he told her she had it coming basically because sex was in the air. thats insane.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

while a agree to an extent, i mostly dont. why? because if teachers dotn intervein, then the students think its ok to bring, oh i dunno, guns knives and drugs into school, and for those of us familair with the mid 90's thier was always violence from some middle or high school int he news, msotly in the NYC area. when i was in high school..this one big offus dude, wa cool, but always bought a paper bag full of weed in his locker, and a switch blade. One teacher,a music teacher would ask him, ina freindship manner, if he had any weed or knife on him to turnit over. student had enough respect not to stab him or anything..but he could have a fight one day, teacher gets invovled, and accidntlay stabbed. its like saying, ok its ok to bring a tech 9 into class but as long as yuo dnt use it or see it, its ok.
yes it does prepare for the real world, but maybe that in itself is the problem too..the real world. its a precursor fo how effed up people really are in the adult life* whats the point of getting a required education, other than those who want to learn, if schools simply allow drugs, weapons into class. might as well have adeathmatch isntead of earning grades then. hell if ti was differnt, who knows! wwede be mentally as smart as europe or japan or soemthing! when i was 17, i traveled to poland. met this chick and started dating. she was 17 too. one day, she tested me on math. she gave me basic algebra to do. i couldnt do it. she lookedat me in awe and like i was stupid or something. she asked me what are they teaching yuo in american schools? algebra is taught in the 4th grade area here in europe.
i was so embarrassed, and felt like a neanderthal or stupid brained offus ya know? by her standards. my point..they dont bring drugs and guns and knives into class over thier. thier critically educated, so they can all become engineers making very good moeny. they dont have a need for welfare things like that. their well educated. embarrassing isnt it?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
My high school, was teaching still basic matheatics to everyone..plus minus ( with bigger numbers thats all) division, multipication with bigger numbers, but even in the real world thats what a calcualtor is for, and even professionals use em. its not something to help you know or expand yuor knowledge, like lets say algebra or physics. thats reserved for college, where yuo pay an arm and a leg for a job yuo may never have. career rather, in europe its taught in elementrary school!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
By stating that the law will be enforced under the 1964 Civil Rights Act by definiton excludes those (that) group that is not protected under that act.

The DOJ mentioned the Civil Rights Act because it is explaining where its authority to do this comes from. From the article—

The enforcement of the Equal Protection Clause, Title IV of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972

Only someone ignorant of the legislation, or deliberately distorting its purpose, could say the DOJ statement means caucasians won’t be covered. Which one is it?

edit on 18-3-2011 by aptness because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

I would think that this could be brought up as a violation of any citizens rights to due process as guaranteed by the 14th Amendment.
I have no problem with the government leaving me out of anything. As far as I am concerned the farther away from me, the better, but at one time government had a true purpose.
Just as corporations at one time had a real purpose.

However, I think that you have already answered the why of this action.

Divide and Conquer. Roman style.

Click on the link in my signature.

Edit to add:

S & F. Good thread mate.
edit on 3/18/2011 by Josephus23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
reply to post by Jinglelord

while a agree to an extent, i mostly dont. why? because if teachers dotn intervein, then the students think its ok to bring, oh i dunno, guns knives and drugs into school, and for those of us familair with the mid 90's thier was always violence from some middle or high school int he news, msotly in the NYC area. when i was in high school..this one big offus dude, wa cool, but always bought a paper bag full of weed in his locker, and a switch blade. One teacher,a music teacher would ask him, ina freindship manner, if he had any weed or knife on him to turnit over. student had enough respect not to stab him or anything..but he could have a fight one day, teacher gets invovled, and accidntlay stabbed. its like saying, ok its ok to bring a tech 9 into class but as long as yuo dnt use it or see it, its ok.
yes it does prepare for the real world, but maybe that in itself is the problem too..the real world. its a precursor fo how effed up people really are in the adult life* whats the point of getting a required education, other than those who want to learn, if schools simply allow drugs, weapons into class. might as well have adeathmatch isntead of earning grades then. hell if ti was differnt, who knows! wwede be mentally as smart as europe or japan or soemthing! when i was 17, i traveled to poland. met this chick and started dating. she was 17 too. one day, she tested me on math. she gave me basic algebra to do. i couldnt do it. she lookedat me in awe and like i was stupid or something. she asked me what are they teaching yuo in american schools? algebra is taught in the 4th grade area here in europe.
i was so embarrassed, and felt like a neanderthal or stupid brained offus ya know? by her standards. my point..they dont bring drugs and guns and knives into class over thier. thier critically educated, so they can all become engineers making very good moeny. they dont have a need for welfare things like that. their well educated. embarrassing isnt it?

I was attacked twice for no other reason than I was white. Also was called "white boy" many times, which I despise. Also called whitey, cracker, honkey, etc. All that fun stuff. This sort of thing does exist. It was all unprovoked also. Once recently some guy called me a whitey and I called him a darkie back and he got all uppity about it like I really offended HIM. Haha.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join