It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pearl Jam Thread!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I LOVE Pearl Jam. Thanks for the cool thread. You rock!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by starrmtn001

Thanks for the reply,if you are a Pearl Jam fan then you must rock also!!!!

Peace!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

POTATO WAVE!

Thanks for ruining that song for the rest of my life!!!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by lektrofellon

Oh yeah....I wanna leave Bennigans.....
It's ruined for me too...rofl

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

edit on 4/28/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
My fav PJ track...

Unplugged...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
reply to post by webpirate

Yeah. They kind of lost me on 'No Code.' After that one I basically stopped giving alot of their new stuff a chance. I'm not saying it isn't good, I just wasn't as interested in it. Anyways, I'll try your tip, and listen to one of those live ones. Any particular suggestion for one that will help re-open my eyes/ears?

I also wanted to add- I like your short song description. Just by the name 'Crazy Mary,' I wouldn't of known which song that was. With your short descriptive verse, I instantly knew.

Haha, the exact words that came to mind when I opened this thread were "I used to be a fan but they lost me with 'No Code'.** I was such a big fan, in fact, that one of my first 'homes' on the web back in the mid to late 90s was the DST Pearl Jam chat room (which was a rival for Smiley's Nirvana chat room). Ahh, the memories... Those were the days when no one really knew each other's real name. The die-hard fans would go by names like "Yellow Ledbetter", "Mrs Red Mosquito", "Lukin", "Mookie Blaylock" etc. (I defied convention by calling myself "ginblossom".. Heh.)

No Code came out while I was a member there and we were all eagerly anticipating the album; although I liked a few tracks, it was disappointing and the magic was lost. The chat room closed soon afterwards and sadly I lost contact with all but one of the members of that online 'family'. Pearl Jam bonded us for a few brief years, and hopefully like me they occasionally listen to the old albums and think back fondly on those days. It's interesting how times change. I can't imagine that kind of closeness in this day and age. Ahh well...

** Apparently I repeat myself. Google just pulled up one of my forum posts from 2005 where I said the very same thing.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Pearl Jam rocks
forever.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

Hi,thanks for the reply,love that song too,i just seen your reply as this threads been dead a while

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Awesome, awesome post my friend. S&F for you!! Besides The Doors which I started to listen to at about 10, Pearl Jam is my all time favorite band. I feel the same way when it come to Riot Act as well. I dunno what it is about that album, it just rubs me the wrong way. I guess they were going through a transitional period or something. I love the way they came about too. With untimly dimise of the Mother Love Bone singer..I think it was the singer. Coming together with with Sound Garden to form Temple of the Dog which gave birth to Pearl Jam. Too bad I don't have the pacience 'cuz I'd right the whole story on here. Ten and Versus are epic albums in the true sence of the word. The over all mood and delivery of those albums are just fenomenal. When Vitalogy came out I was a bit iffy on it but after listening to it a couple of time I really came to love it as much as the first two.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

edit on 11-10-2011 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Now, when Yield came out I was extatic. I loved it right off the bat just like Ten and VS.

MY favorite tune was Black hands down. Nobody could of changed my mind until I heard Eddy talk about the meaning of the song Alive. Ok, correct me if I'm wrong. He wrote Alive after the passing of his father. Eddy was very distraught, understandably. In his song when he sings "Ooo I I I'm Still alive" it was ment as "why am I still alive. why aren't I the one that is dead, Verry dark right. But one night at a show he noticed the people signing his song with hope and joy as if to say "Yes, I'm am alive and I will be strong. Life goes on and will lead us to brighter days. But that night would change the meaning of Alive for ever for Eddy. I find that very profound when fans change the meaning of your own song in a way that makes you evolve as a person.

Peace

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Hey,thanks alot for the reply man,didnt know the story about Alive and the crowd,thats awesome.
The first Pearl Jam album i actually bought was Binaural coz i was born in 1984 so i was too young to really appreciate their older albums when they came out,but soon bought the rest of the stuff and been in love with them ever since,yeah really love Black,didnt really at first for some reason but over the years it has become one of my favourites,I just really love that whole Seattle sound,dont think anybody could really create that amazing sound anywhere else,Silverchair had some awesome tunes but not on the level of these guys,Bush were alright and Nickelback should be Executed!!! lol

Oh yeah and the Doors are awesome aswell

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Oh! yeah Binaural.
I always seem to leave that one out for some reason. But it does have great songs on it. Like Of the Girls, Insignificance, God's Dice. I haven't have a chance to listen to PJ20 yet can't wait to get my hands on it.

Here are several PJ songs I love. Sorry, not too good at embeding.

Yellow Ledbetter
Crazy Mary
State of Love and Trust
Breath

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join