It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yup I knew I forgot something

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Yeah I have been posting for a while on ATS and just now getting round to posting an introduction. What can I say it happens. Anyways a little bit about me before I get into the meat of things. When I was young I fell in love with Egypt and the Near East. The Pharaohs and the like seemed like a calling to my heart. As I grew older I went to college and studied International Relations with Emphasis and Middle Eastern Studies. And it was there that I started finding a voice, a naive one maybe but a voice none the less. Started not being afraid to state my opinion on matters and this has got me into some trouble. But I still feel that way, when I came to this board it was by pure chance I was interesting in UFOs and other stories of the paranormal, and it just spiraled from there. But thanks to all of you it has opened my eye's to a whole sweep of subjects previously unknown to me. So thank you for that, now what I want to post is a letter I wrote around 2004 or so at the time I was a very idealistic young man, with thoughts that one man could make a difference alone. Unfortunately, it seems that is no longer the case in todays affairs. I wrote it to former President Bush and to be honest this is not a political statement just a letter of history. Thanks for reading it none the less and sorry in advance for the HOLY WALLS OF TEXT BATMAN!

Dear Mr President,

I am writing you today in hopes that you will respond to my fears. Since the founding of our country there has been a Spirit in our hearts that man could not explain. Some call this a feeling of nationalism or even Patriotism. But it is so much more than that. It's looking to the frontier, reaching for it with all our heart. Sensing with the very essence of our being something that is beginning to fade.
It saddens me even to write that it is fading sir, where has the sense of exploration gone? That feeling of the west where has it gone? You being a man who understands this sense I hope you would understand my meaning. Lewis and Clark exploring the waterways and lands of the frontier, the mountain man and families that first set foot in the west didn't do so for political reasons. They did so because something drew them there, whether you call it the spirit of the west or by another name it is true. This feeling seems to have dispersed in the name of Partisanship and petty bickering.
Where is that spirit that George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison and the rest of our fore fathers gone? They looked at out country and fought hear and soul for her. Not it seems money and power is the only thing worth fighting for. Colonial spirit, they came looking for something, and I believe they found it. In the age of Cell Phones and I-pods don't you think we need to find that Spirit again? That feeling that I get from looking at the constitution and all the great symbols of this land. Why have we forgotten them sir?
I watched a show once on the Discovery channel, entitled "Living amongst wolves." There was a particular scene that struck me. After the two doctors involved with it raised and indeed lived amongst a wolf pack they had to release them into the wild. The Alpha wolf, and leader of the pack was Kamantz he came out first. His brother Lakota was the Omega wolf, he was too scared to come out. Kamantz didn't just run off with the pack, he sat at Lakota's cage and helped him come out. Even though they are animals there is a lesson in that.
A forgotten part of the American Spirit is the Native American soul, it is strong in my heart sir. Their strength and peace is something I can't ignore. Combine that with the Spirit of the West and you with Colonial Spirit and you have the American Soul. Like Lakota I think it will take a strong leader to bring this back. I believe you are Kamantz, you are somebody who can return to America it's soul, at least I hope so.
Maybe it's time for an awakening my Kamantz, lead us out of our cages of selfishness and hate, bring us back to who we are again.

Anyway's there you have it. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did when I rediscovered the letter again today. And no I did not receive a response. There is a lot of naiveness to it but it still rings true today in my opinion. Sorry again for the enormous amount of text involved and thank you for broadening my horizons and I look forward to conversing with all of you on these boards further.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

I think that what you are calling naivity, I will call innocence. And it is so sad that we as a country or as a people have lost ours. I appreciate that you took the time to share your letter with us.

join