It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Marriage Acceptance or No Jobs

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
I was not surprised, when it was brought to my attention, that
major manufacture industries could suffer if the states upholds
their gay marriage bans.
I believe that a marriage is between a man and a woman,not same
sex unions.I think that it is wrong to force a lifestyle, that many
find repugnant,onto our society.
Using possible job loses, if the states don't overturn gay marriage
bans, is the epitome of stupidity.

www.ibj.com...

I wouldn't be surprised if those two "executives" where both gay. Same old gay agenda. They sneak into industries and try to force themselves onto everyone else.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I am a Christian and STILL cant see what everyone is worked up about. Even have a thread about it myself asking JUST HOW someone being Gay affects us who are not

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dendro
reply to post by AngryOne

Exactly how it sounds. Acceptance, not tolerance, of the gay community. I don't want to ever have to organize another candlelight vigil for teens who committed suicide because they were bullied about being gay, regardless if they were or were not. To never have another headline that a man was beaten into a coma in a gay bar because a heterosexual (or closeted homosexual) didn't take to getting hit on well.

Basically, to not live in fear in summation. That is all I'm asking for.

I think that basic "tolerance" would certainly be more than enough.
You mind your business and I'll be more than glad to just mind mine.

Powerful words, BTW.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngryOne
You see, I'm just suggesting that ALL third parties should have the right to be left out of this crap....obviously, that includes children.

DOES this really make me such a "bigot"?

I wouldn't say it makes you a bigot, so much as a tyrant. You want to stop people from engaging in an activity that does not infringe on anyone else's rights.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Traydor

Originally posted by mamabeth
I was not surprised, when it was brought to my attention, that
major manufacture industries could suffer if the states upholds
their gay marriage bans.
I believe that a marriage is between a man and a woman,not same
sex unions.I think that it is wrong to force a lifestyle, that many
find repugnant,onto our society.
Using possible job loses, if the states don't overturn gay marriage
bans, is the epitome of stupidity.

www.ibj.com...

So much for the 'Land of the Free'.....

Should people be free to do whatever they please as long as people are not causing harm to anyone? Like it's cute that you have an opinion it's just a shame that it make's you sound like a backward twit who doesn't even know the meaning of humanity or the civilised world. It's a good thing this is happening because it forces the backward officals to catch up with modern times.

If you don't like it...so what, just get on with you're own life instead of infecting people with your poison.
edit on 19/3/2011 by Traydor because: (no reason given)

Your going to get the shock of your life after the gender war is over and the recoil begins.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyTHSeed

Did you even read the post that you quoted???
Do so.
Study the first sentence of it carefully.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Oh I read it. But there is no right protecting you from teh big bad ghey.

Again, if you are going to stop gays from raising children, you need to have a good reason for this. So far your reason is that children should have the right not to have gay parents. That's just absolutely brilliant, but you haven't sold me on the idea yet.
edit on 22-3-2011 by JohnnyTHSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Tolerance is not enough. Tolerance just means survivable in a hostile environment. It lacks protection or respect to the quality of life. A lack of understanding.

I know that some people do not like how public the gay community is about equality and freedom, but aren't the murders, rapes and attacks against them just as vocal?

Edited to add: Thank you also for not accusing my previous post of sensationalism about the incidents I mentioned.

edit on 22-3-2011 by Dendro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

What the hell are you talking about?
Please start making some sense.

EDIT:Alright......

To put it very simply, homosexuality is indeed abnormal(again:not hate,fact) and I could imagine that being brought up in such an environment could very well have some adverse effects on a young person--I mean, hell, isn't a person supposed to have a mother AND a father?Isn't that the ideal scenario?
I really don't think I would want gay parents--and my point is that I am most certainly not the only one.

No, I do not have any statistics;regardless, I think my argument makes enough sense.

This is getting tiring.

edit on 22-3-2011 by AngryOne because: Had to keep up with his edit.....

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

I think the greatest shock of all will come from your children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren when they realize how prejudicial their grandparent is/was. My grandfather was a raging racist and I've never been able to think of him in any kind manner.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Dendro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dendro

Tolerance is not enough. Tolerance just means survivable in a hostile environment. It lacks protection or respect to the quality of life. A lack of understanding.

I know that some people do not like how public the gay community is about equality and freedom, but aren't the murders, rapes and attacks against them just as vocal?

"Tolerance" is indeed just fine; demanding anything more than that just DOES seem kind of pushy.

As for your second paragraph....well, no arguments here.
But I'M not the one committing any hate crimes.So......

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Maybe we can reach tolerance first and then work towards acceptance.

No, I agree, I am not accusing you of being someone who commits hate crimes. Just that when it comes down to demonstrations... the group against seem to be much more dramatic.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

What the hell are you talking about?
Please start making some sense.

Your posts are so cryptic I never know exactly what I am responding to...

You see, I'm just suggesting that ALL third parties should have the right to be left out of this crap....obviously, that includes children.

I took "the right to be left out of this crap" to mean the "right to not be around gays". You have no such right.
I wish I had the right to be left out of crap involving fat smelly people, but it happens from time to time.

The latter half of my post makes plenty of sense. You claim that children should have the right not be forced in to a same-sex household. i can understand not having a child grow up in an abusive or neglectful household, which makes me believe you think growing up with same-sex parents is inherently going to harm a child. How would this harm take place?

Maybe you don't have anything specific in mind, that's fine, I'm just curious if you do.
edit on 22-3-2011 by JohnnyTHSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
This isn't about Christianity. This is about hick culture. It is time we expose these so-called Christians (hicks) hiding beneath their religion, hiding to avoid sunlight falling upon their vile cultural bigotry.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

.....I REALLY do think that tolerance will work just fine.
Just mind your own business and I will gladly follow suit.

Do we have a deal?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by lastrebel
I am a Christian and STILL cant see what everyone is worked up about. Even have a thread about it myself asking JUST HOW someone being Gay affects us who are not

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Simple. Hate Crime law's. Hate Crime law's are law's designed in theory to protect group A from group B. In reality they enable group A to harass, molest and seriously harm group B.

Imagine a bar or club that has no definite sexual discrimination(heterosexual and homosexual), you go there with your friends and are casually molested by a homosexual. You knock their hand away and tell them to get bent. They walk away, drink some more and come back and seriously molest you.

Now you flip out and send them to the ER. Bam you just committed a hate crime while in the due course of defending yourself 5-20 years in jail.

Then when you add in the fact that many of the principal(people at the top of the gay rights movement) Gay rights activist's since the 60's advocated in America(and practiced in Europe) institutionalized pedophilia, makes one begin to wonder.

I try and live by the Golden rule, but there comes a time when the Law of Mutuality comes into play. Why should we be tolerant and accepting towards those who want to harm and hurt us? One should never go out of their way to hurt another, but one has a legitimate right to self defense.

Either on the streets, the court rooms or in legislation.

Look at how Gay's hijacked the heterosexual male suicide problem. They are out for blood and I have no intention or desire to be a "good little farm animal" led to the slaughter house.
edit on 22-3-2011 by korathin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

How do gay people marrying infringe upon your rights? You are putting yourself in the middle of their rights. And that isn't right.

Where in the Bible did Jesus talk about gays being evil and immoral? I read the New Testament, but I just couldn't it. Nor could my pastor.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

reply to post by Dendro

.....I REALLY do think that tolerance will work just fine.
Just mind your own business and I will gladly follow suit.

Do we have a deal?

LOL! Sorry, I'm not trying to be difficult about the tolerance versus acceptance standpoint. I've never liked the word tolerant because it really isn't positive.

I will mind my own business as long as it is not posted or discussed on public forums.

Deal?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Wow.MY posts are cryptic?
FYI, I was referring to your UNEDITED post, which indeed made no sense at all.

Anyway.......

I wish I had the right to be left out of crap involving fat smelly people, but it happens from time to time.

Oh, well what a bigoted, hateful thing to say.Just whatever happened to tolerance, people?

Finally, If I did have statistics here, would you even be willing to take them into consideration?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by mamabeth

How do gay people marrying infringe upon your rights? You are putting yourself in the middle of their rights. And that isn't right.

Where in the Bible did Jesus talk about gays being evil and immoral? I read the New Testament, but I just couldn't it. Nor could my pastor.

Marriage is an inherently heterosexual institution. Homosexuals are trying to steal it. If gay's want to create their own institution that has the same legal rights as marriage, more power to them.

Plus look at the gay divorce rate. The heterosexual divorce rate is bad enough, but the Gay's are openly taking a dump on the institution.

www.christianpost.com...

This is nothing more then a typical leftist commy assault on American sensibilities fueled by the greed of lawyers(capitalist's who sell the rope that will later be used to hang them with). An attempt to destroy anything of value so the leftist atheist's can bring about their NWO, fascism with a smiley face, a boot on the throat of humanity in perpetual.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join