It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Marriage Acceptance or No Jobs

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
I was not surprised, when it was brought to my attention, that
major manufacture industries could suffer if the states upholds
their gay marriage bans.
I believe that a marriage is between a man and a woman,not same
sex unions.I think that it is wrong to force a lifestyle, that many
find repugnant,onto our society.
Using possible job loses, if the states don't overturn gay marriage
bans, is the epitome of stupidity.

www.ibj.com...

That is just propaganda BS, they're using for an excuse. Beleive me if they are threatening to leave for any reason, the truth is they are already building a GD operation in Mexico or India, Pakistan, China, or Taiwan. Whatever you get my point, regardless of what the states do they're not staying and neither are their jobs.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Personally, I'd like to know what happened to American Freedom?

It used to be "come to America! You can be what you want to be and make it places!"

now there are so many who want it to be "stay away from America. We like things the way they are and we refuse to change anything!"

Just because someone may find a person with a disability repulsive doesn't mean that we should deny them rights. Just because you don't approve of believing in multiple gods while burning incense to increase fertility, it doesn't mean that we should deny them rights.

The fact is that heterosexual couples get LEGAL RIGHTS AND PRIVILEGES. It's not that they are getting a cute little certificate that the gays want. It's that you are getting tax differences, custody differences, hospital visit differences, etc. The few states that allow civil unions still leave homosexual couples minus many of the heterosexual rights, and it is without fail discrimination.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

I believe that a marriage is between a man and a woman,not same
sex unions.
I think that it is wrong to force a lifestyle, that many
find repugnant,onto our society.

I haven't told you what I believe.... So who is trying to force a certain life style down who's throat?

You think marriage is for men and women only.... You are telling us that is how you think it should be... Why is it okay for you to " force your lifestyle" upon society? Why do you have a problem with others doing exactly what you are doing, just because you have a different opinion?

Just saying... Think about it... Isn't it a bit hypocritical of you?

Now, I know you are thinking... "But society accepts marriage between men and women, so it is okay for me to force my lifestyle on others".... Well, I say... you are wrong. Society is accepting gay people more and more...

And just because you have some problem with gay people marrying, does not mean it isn't unconstitutional to prevent a United States citizen their civil rights...

You think Gay people should not be afforded the same rights as straight people... I think they should... All men are created equal here... All men are to share the same rights and responsibilities. So why are you trying to infringe upon the rights of gay people?

Again... Just saying.
edit on 20-3-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryOne
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

What people fail to understand is that heterosexuality and homosexuality are indeed two very different things;one is normal and natural,the other is not.This is not "bigotry";this is fact.

When straight people are forced to 'keep it in the closet' then gay people should, too.

Hell,no arguments here.I'm of the opinion that EVERYBODY should just keep these matters to themselves.

Interesting that business should get involved. But actually, I have a completely different world view, and paradigm. I don't believe in money, banks or corporations, but euotpia, high tech, volunteering, prosperity versus scarsity like the venus project. Nothing else is legal. Slavery whether hidden or not is a crime against humanity and illegal. The structure of society is an illegal nightmare.

I don't welcome board rooms and people keeping it under wraps. I welcome a world where people count, and families, lovers, friendships, and good relationships are valued and seen frequently in society. That this is the most dominant thing, people enjoying the presence of others, and strolling arm and arm, cuddling and kissing.

Anything else is the Corporations B ('ing) Sirius wedded to Orion.

Sexual orientation is not a concern. Equality means equality no matter what for everyone.
edit on 20-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Anyway, I would just like to personally thank a few of the members here (you know who you are) for proving my point that liberals are easily the most irrational people on the planet.

"Believe what I believe or you're a racist/bigot/homophobe/anti-Semite,ect."

Will you listen to yourselves?
And you have the audacity to call people like me narrow-minded?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryOne

It's not just a belief though. You have two sides:

1: "No rights for them. I don't agree with them."
2: "Please give us the same rights you have. It's not fair."

Which belief sounds more reasonable, the first one which people are "forcing" by law on the second, or the second which people are "forcing" by parades and rights movements?

I mean, even if you don't agree with someone, you still have no right to actively deny fellow adult human beings with free will their rights by law to be equals.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Anyway, I would just like to personally thank a few of the members here (you know who you are) for proving my point that liberals are easily the most irrational people on the planet.

"Believe what I believe or you're a racist/bigot/homophobe/anti-Semite,ect."

Will you listen to yourselves?
And you have the audacity to call people like me narrow-minded?

Personally, I have the audacity to call people narrow minded when they oppress a law-abiding social demographic because of religious belief or lack of understanding.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Reply to post by mamabeth

I will never accept gay marriage. You will never be married in my eyes nor God's. I don't care even if I starve to death. I'm not going to accept it or be forced to. That's exactly what Satan is going to do in the tribulation. No thank you.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

Personally, I have the audacity to call people narrow minded when they oppress a law-abiding social demographic because of religious belief or lack of understanding.

Understand that it was never my intention to "oppress" anyone;feel free to read my earlier posts on this subject.

By the way, thank you for responding in a civilized manner.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyTHSeed

Owning a computer, connecting to the Internet and posting on a conspiracy forum is not "natural". So just what are you doing here? Who decides what is natural?

The two things I would love to learn in this thread is: How do you define natural. And how is homosexuality immoral.

edit on 19-3-2011 by JohnnyTHSeed because: I'm not a mod.. how did that get in there?

You see, the difference is that the Internet exists for a reason and actually serves a purpose.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Homosexual couples exist because of love.

Edit: I forgot to mention that love is the purpose.
edit on 21-3-2011 by JohnnyTHSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyTHSeed

Aw, how sweet.
But you didn't truly address my post.I mean, it's certainly possible for people of the same gender to love each other without having some bizarre desire to **** each other.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

One more thing.
While I certainly am of the opinion that sexuality, in general, should be kept to oneself, I am quite bothered by your comparison of "straight boasting" and "gay boasting".
If you honestly consider the scenario of a straight couple showing off pictures of their kids to be absolutely no more or less offensive than two gays bragging about what they like to do to each other, than I tell you that you have a deeply twisted way of looking at the world.

And considering that you honestly have the idea that homosexuality is perfectly natural and no less desirable than heterosexuality, I have a hypothetical question for you.
Exactly what would you think of a situation in which absolutely all of the world was gay?

Odd question, but think about it.

If homosexuality is indeed, "perfectly fine", than by your logic, I'm to assume that you would find absolutely nothing wrong with the aforementioned concept.

After all, by your logic, it's not like any problems could arise from this.

Right?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

If all of the world were homosexual, there would still be many children through surrogacy. Even though homosexuals are attracted to members of the same sex, they still have the innate desire to reproduce and care for children. The birth rate would certainly be lower due to accidental pregnancies not existing, but it definitely wouldn't be the end of our species.

Also, on a side note, it would be impossible for the entire world to become gay, and there's no way accepting it as normal could ever cause it. Heck, I've actually actively tried to be gay, since I thought I was. It just hasn't been working. Turns out I just had some kind of hormonal imbalance and wasn't thinking straight (edit: lol, just noticed this. No pun intended). The point is that I actively tried to bed with another man, and I couldn't perform. It makes sense though, considering that in Kindergarten I would blow kisses to all the girls, indicating that before puberty I was wired to like girls.

Let's just say that the world is made up of many colors, and until you wear the glasses to see each color for what it truly is, you will forever be judging from a black and white perspective.
edit on 21-3-2011 by Varemia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ag893
Reply to post by mamabeth

I will never accept gay marriage. You will never be married in my eyes nor God's. I don't care even if I starve to death. I'm not going to accept it or be forced to. That's exactly what Satan is going to do in the tribulation. No thank you.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

You don't have to accept it according to your religion, but you should still allow it by law, since the United State is a land of many belief systems and lifestyles, not to limit others based on personal views.

If you allow your beliefs to infringe upon the rights of others to be your equals under protection by law, then you allow yourself to be a tyrant.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

If all of the world were homosexual, there would still be many children through surrogacy. Even though homosexuals are attracted to members of the same sex, they still have the innate desire to reproduce and care for children.

I'm just going to assume that you made this up.

Newsflash:I'm not stupid.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Yes I certainly did answer your post. LOVE is the reason homosexuals marry. I should hope that is the reason heterosexuals marry as well. Love is intimately tied in to sex, regardless of orientation. You are speaking of homosexuals as if they exist outside the human species, unable to share the same emotions as heterosexuals.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

reply to post by Varemia

If all of the world were homosexual, there would still be many children through surrogacy. Even though homosexuals are attracted to members of the same sex, they still have the innate desire to reproduce and care for children.

I'm just going to assume that you made this up.

Newsflash:I'm not stupid.

You don't know that homosexuals often want to have children? Some adopt and some have a woman act as a surrogate for their child. Edit: In the case of lesbians there would be a sperm donation from a man of their choice (or, I even read somewhere that it is possible to combine two eggs, but I don't know how feasible that actually is)

The only way you wouldn't know this is if you never actually talked with a lot of gay people.
edit on 21-3-2011 by Varemia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

You don't know that homosexuals often want to have children? Some adopt and some have a woman act as a surrogate for their child.

Call me what you will, but I strongly believe that they should not be permitted to do so.
I mean, what's next?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Yes how DARE those people provide a loving environment for a child.

Is there any reasoning behind this desire to control the lives of others?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join