It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Marriage Acceptance or No Jobs

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I don't give a rats tush what other people do or whom
they marry.When "they" try and FORCE states to
accept their abominal lifestyle to the point of having
jobs lost is not acceptable.I have to finish cooking dinner!

Abominal is not a word and you are a degenerate, uneducated bigot.

Did you cook your dinner with holy water?

That was truly out of line.

Anyway,I think that what she's saying is that lots of folks are just fed up with the general "pushiness" of it all these days.
In other words,whatever happened to "keeping it in the closet"?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I'm with you Mamma. I don't want gay marriage and think this sort of decrimination is wrong.
It's a militant form of desrimination against anyone with a solid beleif system of what social order is about. I used to be a feminist and outright hated most men. It was a backlash.
That's what these people are doing, following their own warped veiws of what is right and wrong. It's called rationalization.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I was not surprised, when it was brought to my attention, that
major manufacture industries could suffer if the states upholds
their gay marriage bans.
I believe that a marriage is between a man and a woman,not same
sex unions.I think that it is wrong to force a lifestyle, that many
find repugnant,onto our society.
Using possible job loses, if the states don't overturn gay marriage
bans, is the epitome of stupidity.

www.ibj.com...

So much for the 'Land of the Free'.....

Should people be free to do whatever they please as long as people are not causing harm to anyone? Like it's cute that you have an opinion it's just a shame that it make's you sound like a backward twit who doesn't even know the meaning of humanity or the civilised world. It's a good thing this is happening because it forces the backward officals to catch up with modern times.

If you don't like it...so what, just get on with you're own life instead of infecting people with your poison.
edit on 19/3/2011 by Traydor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngryOne
I think that what she's saying is that lots of folks are just fed up with the general "pushiness" of it all these days.

People are allowed to be fed up. I'm fed up with grocery prices, air pollution, ignorance and corporate America. That doesn't mean I get to discriminate. Be fed up. That's OK. But you don't get to make laws that discriminate just so you won't have to feel "fed up". We're all fed up about one thing or another. Part of life.

When straight people are forced to 'keep it in the closet' then gay people should, too.
But as long as men and women are holding hands, kissing, boasting about families, getting married in public and showing their kids' pictures to anyone who will look, then gay people should be allowed to be as FREE with the same details of their lives.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I was not surprised, when it was brought to my attention, that
major manufacture industries could suffer if the states upholds
their gay marriage bans.
I believe that a marriage is between a man and a woman,not same
sex unions.I think that it is wrong to force a lifestyle, that many
find repugnant,onto our society.
Using possible job loses, if the states don't overturn gay marriage
bans, is the epitome of stupidity.

Hey!

Equal Rights in society - - not a belief - - is how it needs to be.

It matters not how you feel about it.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

reply to post by intrepid

So,I assume from your post reply that you agree
that jobs should be lost because of gay marriage bans?

I certainly do.

Equal Rights trumps ALL.
edit on 19-3-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

And people claim that Christians are the ones that lash out at people who don't agree with their points of views.

Grow Up.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

..Ok..

Let's break down this article a little bit more so we can educate you.

Executives from two of Indiana's most prominent companies told a state Senate committee on Wednesday that their ability to recruit top employees could be hurt by a proposed constitutional amendment that would ban gay marriage and civil unions.

So the business sector of this state is stating that banning gay marriage would effect their ability to hire and recruit employees. This isn't the gay community saying legalize gay marriage or loose jobs, this is the business community stating that if you want to discriminate openly in your state, they we will take our business elsewhere.

Homosexuals aren't the problem here, the people against them are.

That perception is a worry for companies that are competing nationally to attract highly skilled workers to Indiana, said Jill Cook, vice president of human resources for engine maker Cummins Inc.

She said putting a gay marriage ban in the state constitution would "cause irreparable harm" to Indiana's business climate and complicate the company's decisions on where to locate some high-paying professional jobs.

"We will be reluctant to add those jobs if Indiana is a less welcoming and inclusive place for all of our employees," Cook said.

Now again, the business sector stating that having a ban on something that effects nobody but the people getting married, would create a less diverse work force and hurt big companies. Apparently Republicans aren't all about the jobs.

Look, here's what it comes down to. Nobody is forcing anything on anybody. If you think that by allowing gays to marry that you are somehow destroying the moral fabric of society, then please get back in your time machine, go to 1950 and look around.

You'll find that the world that you still cling on to, the "America" that you want to take back, was a VERY cruel and white man oriented kind of place. Diversity and multiculturalism is bred by breaking down social barriers and removing small minded ignorance from the equation.

Nobody cares that YOU don't agree with homosexuals, because that is your problem, it's not anybody else's, nor should it be. Arguments for gay marriage are in context of discrimination and the law. The arguments against homosexuality are only idealogical in nature, and therefore invalid when discussing the right of responsible and consenting adults to marry.

So please, do yourself a favor, open up your world just a little bit more, stop judging a whole group of people for nothing.

~Keeper

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 3/19/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

What people fail to understand is that heterosexuality and homosexuality are indeed two very different things;one is normal and natural,the other is not.This is not "bigotry";this is fact.

When straight people are forced to 'keep it in the closet' then gay people should, too.

Hell,no arguments here.I'm of the opinion that EVERYBODY should just keep these matters to themselves.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

What people fail to understand is that heterosexuality and homosexuality are indeed two very different things;one is normal and natural,the other is not.This is not "bigotry";this is fact.

Homosexuality is a natural occurrence that is displayed in multiple species of mammals, humans included. I'm not going to pretend I know WHY it happens, but it does.

Unless you think homosexuality is a choice, and in that case this will be my first and only post in this thread.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by HADOUKEN

Homosexuality is a natural occurrence that is displayed in multiple species of mammals, humans included. I'm not going to pretend I know WHY it happens, but it does.

Unless you think homosexuality is a choice, and in that case this will be my first and only post in this thread.

I am of the opinion that it is indeed NOT a choice.Regardless.........:/

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryOne

Owning a computer, connecting to the Internet and posting on a conspiracy forum is not "natural". So just what are you doing here? Who decides what is natural?

The two things I would love to learn in this thread is: How do you define natural. And how is homosexuality immoral.

edit on 19-3-2011 by JohnnyTHSeed because: I'm not a mod.. how did that get in there?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

What people fail to understand is that heterosexuality and homosexuality are indeed two very different things;

Red and Blue are two very different things, too. But they have equal value.
Men and women are two very different things as well, But they are equal under the law.
People don't fail to understand what you're saying, we just disagree.

one is normal and natural,the other is not.This is not "bigotry";this is fact.

Nope. It's bigotry. Homosexuality is as natural as heterosexuality is. It happens in the natural world and is, therefore, natural. THAT is the fact. As to whether or not it's 'normal', you'll have to define what you mean by 'normal' before I can comment on that.

I'm of the opinion that EVERYBODY should just keep these matters to themselves.

You're certainly entitled to that opinion. Go for it. But the fact is that no one ever suggests that straight people keep their sexuality to themselves, Only when we're talking about gay people do you bring this up.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I don't give a rats tush what other people do or whom
they marry.When "they" try and FORCE states to
accept their abominal lifestyle to the point of having
jobs lost is not acceptable.I have to finish cooking dinner!

That was truly out of line.

Anyway,I think that what she's saying is that lots of folks are just fed up with the general "pushiness" of it all these days.

What I said was so incredibly not out of line.

I don't care anymore how "lots of folks" feel about it. I have quite simply had enough. You think you have had it hard before? The conservative view is pushing the moderates out and they are angry. Sick to death of being told how to live their lives my bigots and haters who wouldn't know their *sshole from a hot rock, let alone what is right and wrong.

When heterosexuals keep their lives in the closet then so should homosexuals. Until then keep quiet on what you have no idea about.

edit on 19-3-2011 by Garfee because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2011 by Garfee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper

And people claim that Christians are the ones that lash out at people who don't agree with their points of views.

Grow Up.

If you are a bigot and you make an uneducated, wrong comment I do not see why it should not be pointed out.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

Everybody is bigoted toward something. You are bigoted against other bigots. The emotions a bigot feels that lead them to their opinions are just as valid as any one else's. So long as we are talking about equality, I just wanted to point out that bigots are people too. And I don't think having bigoted thoughts is a choice.

There is an emotional element involved, and most people are not entirely in control of their emotions.

edit: That's not to say hateful thoughts should not be pointed out. I'm just sayin being a bigot doesn't make you a bad person.
edit on 19-3-2011 by JohnnyTHSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Why in this day and age does anyone care who marries? If two people love each other and wish to marry then the government should stay out of it. I don't want to hear about anybodies private affairs be they a man and a woman, two women or two men, it's not my concern nor my business.

States have responsibilities to be sure but those do not include regulating the marital status of consenting adults. I can certainly understand why the business communities would be concerned; the prospect of losing good productive employee due to an out-dated antiquated notion especially in the current economic climate where having trusted talented employees in necessary to strive. Ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I have a few things to say here, but I'm only going to post this once.

I think gays should be allowed to marry. It's really none of my business.
But I do think a state should be allowed to make any law regarding this that they wish, as I don't consider marriage to be a "right".

Many things are forbidden by god because of health reasons and a lack of hygiene in the biblical world, I believe that anal sex might be included in these.I don't think that the religious idea that homosexuality is a sin, is coming from a position of hate (9 out of 10 times). I have, however, seen homosexuals and their supporters respond to religious peoples' views with the most stinging of vitriol (9 times out of 10). I believe that people should treat others how they wish to be treated themselves.

And to the people who say that people should just keep their sexuality in the closet.. I'll let Louis CK handle that one for me :

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

What people fail to understand is that heterosexuality and homosexuality are indeed two very different things;

Red and Blue are two very different things, too. But they have equal value.
Men and women are two very different things as well, But they are equal under the law.
People don't fail to understand what you're saying, we just disagree.

one is normal and natural,the other is not.This is not "bigotry";this is fact.

Nope. It's bigotry. Homosexuality is as natural as heterosexuality is. It happens in the natural world and is, therefore, natural. THAT is the fact. As to whether or not it's 'normal', you'll have to define what you mean by 'normal' before I can comment on that.

I'm of the opinion that EVERYBODY should just keep these matters to themselves.

You're certainly entitled to that opinion. Go for it. But the fact is that no one ever suggests that straight people keep their sexuality to themselves, Only when we're talking about gay people do you bring this up.

Homosexuality may be "natural"(IN A CERTAIN SENSE);regardless, that doesn't make it ideal.
Furthermore, I would just like to make it clear that my problem isn't so much with gays as it is with the GAY AGENDA-again, the general "pushiness" of it all.

How's this:You back off and keep your "preferences" to yourself and I, as a straight person, will gladly follow suit and keep MINE to myself.

Do we have a deal?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Furthermore, I would just like to make it clear that my problem isn't so much with gays as it is with the GAY AGENDA-again, the general "pushiness" of it all.

As opposed to the Straight Agenda - - gays face daily and have for ages?

Where is the real problem? Could it be in denying Equal Rights for everyone?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join