It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Marriage Acceptance or No Jobs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Totally agree

2nd

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish

" It's a shame you have such a shallow mind, that's all. "

Speaking of my Mind Pal , It'a not Shallow , but a Very MORAL one . Morality , maybe YOU should try it sometime , wouldn't Hurt that much......

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION, PLEASE...

Good. This is a good time to remind you all that ATS is first and foremost a conspiracy site and that speculation -- no matter how outrageous -- plays an important role in that.

This great site of ours has been built on the cornerstone of civility and decorum. As members, we are free to discuss any issue as long as it within the parameters of the Terms and Conditions you agreed to when registering with this site.

On that note, please confine your remarks to the issue at hand and refrain from attacking one another. Adherence to this simple request is expected. No exceptions.

ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

Consider this fair warning.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

" It's a shame you have such a shallow mind, that's all. "

Speaking of my Mind Pal , It'a not Shallow , but a Very MORAL one . Morality , maybe YOU should try it sometime , wouldn't Hurt that much......

You didnt answer my question though.

2nd

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust

MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION, PLEASE...

Good. This is a good time to remind you all that ATS is first and foremost a conspiracy site and that speculation -- no matter how outrageous -- plays an important role in that.

This great site of ours has been built on the cornerstone of civility and decorum. As members, we are free to discuss any issue as long as it within the parameters of the Terms and Conditions you agreed to when registering with this site.

On that note, please confine your remarks to the issue at hand and refrain from attacking one another. Adherence to this simple request is expected. No exceptions.

ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

Consider this fair warning.

Dam, ...ok, you got my attention. (I like the bold big 'type' thing you've got going on
)

Sorry to the member I referred to as having a shallow mind.

Gay people tend to get far worse thrown at them left right and centre.
edit on 18-3-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

link   
In America they treat gay people poorly, but their dogs are treated like kings. Why is that

link   

Thank you, it's only common sense.
There is no sanctity of marriage, look at the divorce rate. It makes the whole religious argument moot.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

Thank you, it's only common sense.
There is no sanctity of marriage, look at the divorce rate. It makes the whole religious argument moot.

Yeah, can you imagine the uproar if threads started appearing about the morality of divorcees.

They used to get shunned by society, single mothers used to be pressured by society into giving up their child for adoption. I know, it happened to both my parents. One thankfully is back in touch with her birth Mum.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

I expect the same rights and freedoms as hetrosexuals. If someone discriminates agains says blacks or other minoritys, its a law suit. As a lesbian, I pay the same taxes and obey the same laws you do. Why dont you worry about somethng important like an earthquake or something. I don't have to cook dinner tonight because its my partners turn. It sucks to be you. If I didnt want to cook for a month, she would. When a comet is heading for your house I guarentee you wont be worried about if homosexuals have civil rights or not. Plus I think God has Judgement all wrapped up so take the day off.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Obaminal snowmen have rights too.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
The moral fabric of our society is being destroyed by a group
of individuals who scream for their equal rights.People,really
don't care what other people do in the privacy of their homes.
It is when their activities infringe on the rights of others that
people care.

I can't imagine why people would want their sexual activities
to define who they are.I think it is sad and pathetic that people
could lose their jobs for trying to have some decency in our
society.

Sexual activity is suppose to be personal between individuals.
Things done in private, behind closed doors and nobodies business.
People,who decide to wear their sexual appetites as chips on their
shoulders,someone will knock that chip off.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
I am requesting that this thread be closed because
all of your comments are making me sick!

haha! "mods! people are disagreeing with me and i dont like it! close my thread!"...wow...thats a great way to stay open minded and think big right there!

you know what? if you dont like gay marriage, dont have one. its really not that complicated. the problems arise when people decide that they're better than others based on their personal views, and they try and force their opinions and beliefs on others. you're not better than anyone else. you have different beliefs than other people, and thats a wonderful thing. its important for there to be differences among people. but you cant try and remove the rights of another person just because you dont like their lifestyle. if you dont want anyone to try and take away your rights, dont try and take away the rights of others. they are just as human as you and deserve to be treated that way. people seem to see gay people as a form of lower class citizen or something...NO! human. just human. we're ALL JUST HUMAN. we're not straight or gay or black or white or hispanic or asian, or indian, etc. we're human!

and im sure your responses to this subject are going to bother those people with an opposing point of view as well. i had been hoping that in the year 2011 we would finally learn that we are our own people, and THATS IT. that we have no right or business butting into the lives of others and trying to tell them whats right and wrong and what they can and cant do. it really makes me sad to see that people out there still dont get it.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
If some guy wants to shack up with his buddy, or some broad wants to shack up with another broad, that’s fine, go ahead. But let’s not call it marriage. Marriage is between a man and a woman. Come up with your own name that will signify a union between a man and a man or woman and woman. That’s what pisses people off. I think that’s exactly what most wants. Rub your nose in it. Put it up in your face! I don’t climb a ladder to my roof and tell everyone I‘m a mountain climber, it changes the meaning of a mountain climber. I don’t put ananas on pâte with fromage and sauce and tell everyone I got a pissaladière. Come up with your own terminology and I think most people will be fine with it. But that’s not the ordre du jour is it?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I'm wonderin why God made gay people in the first place.
That move hasn't been very popular with christians, and when you tick off your tax base, trouble follows.
IF Christians don't like his work they should fire him and get a god that does what he is paid to do.
till then its god christians should be talkin to...
not politicians..they are supposed to represent everyone.

gee god
this virgin birth stuff is kinda like the gay issue....the christian viewpoint doesn't appear to fit with reality very well...
why did you even bother to invent reality when it appears your followers don't follow it?

edit on 19-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by D1Useek

and who defines marriage as only being between a man and a woman? oh right...religion and government. funny how we like both of them when they suit our personal beliefs and how we scream about them when they dont. lol

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

of individuals who scream for their equal rights.People,really
don't care what other people do in the privacy of their homes.
It is when their activities infringe on the rights of others that
people care.

society.

People,who decide to wear their sexual appetites as chips on their
shoulders,someone will knock that chip off.

It should be pointed out that being homosexual is far more than sexual activities. But you don't want to know that do you? You just want to focus on it because you seem so obsessed with it.

What business is it of yours if two men or two women love eachother? Are you threatened that they love eachother more than you will ever be loved? They would care less about what you do in your life, they are not interfering with it so don't interfere with their you busy body.

[[snip]]

edit on 19-3-2011 by Garfee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

society.

If someones sexuality isn't supposed to define them, then why are you discriminating people BASED on their sexuality? Isn't that hypocritical? I am fairly sure most people don't go around telling you the details of their sex life.

I honestly don't understand. How can you hate your fellow human beings, who have done nothing wrong in their lives and have only being true to themselves. How can you actually want to deny them their human rights because you don't agree with their version of love? Is is because you honestly and truly believe in what the bible preaches? Or because you have a fear of going to hell if you don't obey all the "rules" so to speak?

I am honestly curious, I hope it doesn't come across as rude.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

of individuals who scream for their equal rights.

Exactly how is the moral fabric of our society being destroyed by these people? Specifics, please.

It is when their activities infringe on the rights of others that people care.

And how are gay people's activities infringing on others' rights? Specifically, please.

I think it is sad and pathetic that people could lose their jobs for trying to have some decency in our society.

"Decency" is treating all employees equally. Treating some employees differently because of their sexual orientation IS INDECENT! It's IMMORAL!

Yeah, so butt out.

That's right. So why are you so up in it? Mind your own life and your own business.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
This is a topic that has always confused me. What is immoral about same sex relationships? I'm not trying to be a smart ass or troll. I really have no idea what people mean when they say homosexual acts and relationships are immoral. Can somebody please educate me?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish
Yeah, can you imagine the uproar if threads started appearing about the morality of divorcees.

I wonder if these holier-than-thou posters have actually read their own bible? It calls for a woman to be a virgin at marriage and if not she should be put to death. Look at my sig and then look it up.

I have to wonder how many of these "sanctimonious" marriages are actually marriages in the eyes of their own God given this revelation?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join