It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Marriage Acceptance or No Jobs

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
The story says, " Several opponents told the committee they believed the amendment would write discrimination into the state's constitution.

That perception is a worry for companies that are competing nationally to attract highly skilled workers to Indiana, said Jill Cook, vice president of human resources for engine maker Cummins Inc.

She said putting a gay marriage ban in the state constitution would "cause irreparable harm" to Indiana's business climate and complicate the company's decisions on where to locate some high-paying professional jobs."
~~~

That's just BS. There is no gay marriage ban in state's constitution now and no irreparable harm is being caused. The state only recognizes marriages between a man and a woman. Nothing will have changed! There is no need to have to say the same thing with different words.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

The fact that you compare murder, theft and rape (hint - there is an actual victim) with homosexuality and adultery only proves how insane you are

The laws and rights are derived from basic religion. Homosexuality was not included at the time, but it is still against the law of the natural world and order. Just becase you say it is ok for the sky to be green, does not make it so. These are natural laws derived from religion and are the way the world works.

Lots of people suffering from mental disorder called religion were saying this for millenia now. It is no more believable than a bedtime story we tell our children. Grow up.

It is not a mental disorder, many of the worlds brightest scientists at times are also religious. There are indirect signs of Gods existence but the sheeple (ie non-believers such as homosexuals) do not belive in it for a few reasons:

Gays a lot of time deny the existence of god as to justify their homosexuality.
This is why the media/liberal organizations etc..are trying to make the world more secular is in preparation for the battle of the antichrist. They want as many nonbelievers for their minions as they can, and homosexuals have been recruited automatically as part of the antichrist army.

No worriers, victory is granted to the believers, the angels will come down and destroy all that is evil in this world, including homosexuality.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyTHSeed
reply to post by duality90

Basically, the theory is there will be more skilled workers available for hire if gay marriage is allowed. I haven't seen this actually discussed much in the thread though.

Nobody is threatening to take away jobs unless gay marriage is allowed. The article in the OP makes the case that because some field professionals are gay, they are likely to want to live and work in a state in which they can marry. No federal statute is involved that I'm aware of.

I disagree. There are not so many same sex partners who are highly skilled to make or break a companies bottom line. This is just another ploy for a minority to try to gain extra rights. This is getting disgusting.. everyone with a minority thinks they must use that as a tool to get benefits that don't rightfully apply to them. These people should be ashamed of themselves.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by Butterbone

Organized religion is a killer, not individual religion. Crazy leaders talk and brainwash the people. It is not religion, it is the corrupt leaders who are to blame.

Now having said that, the only reason more and more non-believers are growing is because this world is going corrupt and towards the end of time near armageddon, the world will lose its godliness. The armies of god with angels on the side of believers will strike down all those who do not believe in the one true god.

Those who commit murder, rape, homosexuality, theft, adultery, etc...

They will be sliced in half by the swords of the angels how a laser slices through butter. No army in the world will be able to stop it. Not the US military, not Russia, not china, not al quada. They are coming, believe me, the gay marriage people are on the list of people.

I could never follow anyone, or thing, that would murder a child for not believing in it. And if you will, then I'd fight you both, tooth and nail, to the very end.

Cause that's what you are talking about. Murdering anyone, who doesn't bow down and worship your G*D. And I actually type G*D, as a show of respect for people who believe. As I understand it, even writing the word without the asterisk is a blasphemy.

Children, and women, and babies. How monstrous of your chosen deity. And as if that isn't enough, you believe it just that those children and babies will burn for all eternity in a fire,to be tortured endlessly by monster that your G*D made and set loose on them.

Cause he made them. He made them all, and gave them the option to turn from him and be cast down.

His plan, involved knowing from the beginning of time, that he was going to make a special place to torture people for all eternity.

That's messed up. There is nothing that can be said to make that not messed up.

I'll wear a purple scarf around my neck on the battlefield so you can recognize me. That way when you come to murder me, you can look into my eyes and know that G*D demands you murder me even though I haven't done any of the things on that list of bad things.

I didn't even worship anything in place of him. I just chose not to worship at all. That is my crime. That is the thing for which I am deserving of eternal torture.

Yeah, I'll fight against that. Honestly it's more American of me to stand up to that kind of sick oppression, despotism, and rejection of freedom.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

It is not a mental disorder, many of the worlds brightest scientists at times are also religious.

Intelligent people do suffer from mental disorders, too. Also, how many of them were truly religious, and how many just did not care and did what the society expected them to do? Also, both education and intelligence is indeed inversely proportional to religiosity.

No worriers, victory is granted to the believers, the angels will come down and destroy all that is evil in this world, including homosexuality.

And Buffy the vampire slayer will save us from the evil vampires..
Your beliefs are ridiculous.
edit on 28/3/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Homosexuality was not included at the time, but it is still against the law of the natural world and order.

There is nothing against natural order, since homosexuality is natural. Or are you saying homosexuals were genetically engineered by humans?

Even if it wasnt natural (which it is), unnatural does not imply evil. Antibiotics are artificial, are they evil?

There are indirect signs of Gods existence but the sheeple (ie non-believers such as homosexuals) do not belive in it for a few reasons:

There is not a single thing in the world that points to the existence of god, much less to the crazy god of the bible.

destroy all that is evil in this world, including homosexuality.

There can be no evil without a victim, or harm done. That is what DEFINES evil.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I say it all comes down to one sentence.

Gay people are the new Black people.

Once "the masses' find someone that they want to hate and descriminate on more than gay people, then gay people and gay marriage will be accepted and the new group will suffer several decades of social stigma, until a new group emerges.

My question is, Why gays, and not Satanists??? If Christians want to be up in arms about a group of people, for the love cheese filled pickles, why the hell not Satanists???

I mean, that's your group!!! They are more than just doing something that's a no no in the bible. They are Anti-bible. Anti-god, pro-satan. They actively seek the downfall of your system and ideals. You wanna stop someone from getting married, stop satanists from getting married. They are Straight Up Evil!!!

Even one over, why not atheists??? Go after them. Try to make it so Atheists can't get married. Why don't the christians work on that???

I have a theory? Gays are seen as harmless. Satanists, Pagans, Witches, and Atheists will stand up for themselves in a much stronger way than half naked, colorful parades.

So Christians attack gays, out of an idea that gays are weak, and somehow susceptible.

Because at the end of the day, all bullies are after the same thing. A weak victim, who can't put up much of a fight and whom no one else really wants to defend.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Organized religion is a killer, not individual religion. Crazy leaders talk and brainwash the people. It is not religion, it is the corrupt leaders who are to blame.

Now having said that, the only reason more and more non-believers are growing is because this world is going corrupt and towards the end of time near armageddon, the world will lose its godliness. The armies of god with angels on the side of believers will strike down all those who do not believe in the one true god.

Those who commit murder, rape, homosexuality, theft, adultery, etc...

They will be sliced in half by the swords of the angels how a laser slices through butter. No army in the world will be able to stop it. Not the US military, not Russia, not china, not al quada. They are coming, believe me, the gay marriage people are on the list of people.

I have never seen a laser beam slice through butter. I just use a butter knife.

Heads up though dude, you don't 'commit' homosexuality. Your remarks are offensive to humanity - equating homosexuality to murderers, rapists and thieves.

What is the correct definition of adulterer? Someone that cheats on their husband/wife? Boyfriend/girlfriend? Someone that sleeps around? Prostitutes? Those who masturbate? (Maybe that's why only 144,000 people are going to heaven haha)

Why do you choose to follow the parts of the bible that happen to be convenient to your own belief system?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Originally posted by JohnnyTHSeed
reply to post by duality90

Basically, the theory is there will be more skilled workers available for hire if gay marriage is allowed. I haven't seen this actually discussed much in the thread though.

Nobody is threatening to take away jobs unless gay marriage is allowed. The article in the OP makes the case that because some field professionals are gay, they are likely to want to live and work in a state in which they can marry. No federal statute is involved that I'm aware of.

I disagree. There are not so many same sex partners who are highly skilled to make or break a companies bottom line. This is just another ploy for a minority to try to gain extra rights. This is getting disgusting.. everyone with a minority thinks they must use that as a tool to get benefits that don't rightfully apply to them. These people should be ashamed of themselves.

For wanting equal recognition and protection under the law? Why is that so horrible? You are entitled to your opinion but the way you worded that sounded very callous.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I could never follow anyone, or thing, that would murder a child for not believing in it. And if you will, then I'd fight you both, tooth and nail, to the very end.

I said that the armies of God will decide the fate of the homosexuals and murders at the time of armageddon. Murder is forbidden by all abrahamic religions. No where did I advocate murder, stop putting words into my mouth.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

There is nothing against natural order, since homosexuality is natural. Or are you saying homosexuals were genetically engineered by humans? Even if it wasnt natural (which it is), unnatural does not imply evil. Antibiotics are artificial, are they evil?

Gay is a choice, an unnatural choice.

My argument is not that since it is unnatural it is evil. My argument is that it is forbidden by the abrahamic religions which derive their power from god and god bestows that power upon nature.

There is not a single thing in the world that points to the existence of god, much less to the crazy god of the bible.

There are signs of god's existence. If a human made a fishbowl and put a fish in it, and you ask the fish to prove that their is a maker. The fish does not have the intellectual capacity or the means to prove that its bowl was artificially produced. The same is true for our universe.

There can be no evil without a victim

Evil does not require a victim. When your parent's told you not to do something when you were younger you complained and said why. There are reasons for God forbidding homosexuality that are beyond our grasp. You are asking why of an infinite, omnipotent being? Seriously..?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

Your remarks are offensive to humanity - equating homosexuality to murderers, rapists and thieves.

In the major religions homosexuality is equivalent to murderer's and rapists. It is equally forbidden. And homosexuality is the commission of a crime according to the major religions which derive their power from the omnipotent, infinite, wise god.

Why do you choose to follow the parts of the bible that happen to be convenient to your own belief system?

I never said I followed the bible
You are assuming that just because I point out the bible things I am christian

edit on 28-3-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Gay is a choice, an unnatural choice. My argument is not that since it is unnatural it is evil. My argument is that it is forbidden by the abrahamic religions which derive their power from god and god bestows that power upon nature.

I think you need to look up what the word gay or homosexual means. It means to be attracted to the same gender. That is not a choice. You can choose if you follow your attractions and have sex or not, but being gay is not a choice, having sex with the same gender is. I sure as hell did not choose to be heterosexual, that is absurd.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

You did not choose to be hetero, but homosexuals chose to be homosexuals because they were born heterosexual and then they strayed.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Maslo

You did not choose to be hetero, but homosexuals chose to be homosexuals because they were born heterosexual and then they strayed.

That is such BS.

There is enough scientific research to say otherwise.

I really can't believe people continue to hold on to the archaic belief it is a choice. Its just lame.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Show which scientific research shows that gays are born gay? You are making the claim you prove it.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Show which scientific research shows that gays are born gay? You are making the claim you prove it.

Several studies have been posted many times in gay focused threads. Feel free to go read them.

Your choice to be ignorant and hang on to antiquated belief - - - is your choice.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

reply to post by Garfee

Your remarks are offensive to humanity - equating homosexuality to murderers, rapists and thieves.

In the major religions homosexuality is equivalent to murderer's and rapists. It is equally forbidden. And homosexuality is the commission of a crime according to the major religions which derive their power from the omnipotent, infinite, wise god.

I never said I followed the bible
You are assuming that just because I point out the bible things I am christian

edit on 28-3-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

I apologise for assuming you are a christian, if you are not.

Unfortunately, religions do not "derive their power" from an "omnipotent, infinite, wise god" but from stories and fables and books written by men. If their power were from such they would have no need to argue. It comes from fear and after having read the bible I don't blame them - god is a vicious and evil entity subject to hypocrisy and jealousy.

Any argument against homosexuality should be free from religion.

If one is not homosexual, the subject is beyond one's comprehension unless compared with heterosexuality.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Whether they are born gay or not is irrelevant. It still would not be a choice, even if acquired later in childhood, or adulthood. Nobody can choose likes, desires or body drives, not just sexuality. We can only choose to act on them or not.

Choosing to be gay is as absurd as choosing to be heterosexual, or any other sexuality. It is impossible, these things are not controlled by conscious choice.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Read the article and educate yourself. Genetic factors and uterine biochemical environment (which is also mostly genetic and certainly not voluntary) are the main drivers of sexual orientation. The rest is early psychological process analogous to imprinting, which is again NOT a choice.

There is simply ZERO evidence that sexual orientation is a conscious choice, or can be changed voluntarily.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join