It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Geologist: Shaking Wasn't Florida Earthquake" WTF happened here in Florida today?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
www.wftv.com...

However, people in the north Daytona area, as well as in Deltona and as far north as St. Augustine, said they felt it as well. Many people were worried that the shaking was an earthquake.

So I heard about this on the radio and since I live in the area I would like to know what happen. They say it was not an earthquake.

The U.S. Geological Survey told Flagler County that sensors in Georgia and Orlando picked up no movement. The National Weather Service reported nothing odd, and the Navy and Coast Guard told WFTV they had no information regarding on or offshore bombing exercises.

I really hope the cause will be determined and I get to hear about it. Anyone have any input?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
How close are the military bases(air force). Possibly some aircraft instead?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I live in Miami and was at the beach maybe an hour and a half ago everything seemed fine. Maybe didn't reach Miami. Hope to hear and see what it was.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Madrid fault line....

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by loagun

geologists says it WASN'T an earthquake.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by loagun

double post sawwy

edit on 18-3-2011 by gmac10001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Wow, this is interesting. My first thought was New Madras too. Could it have been caused by cloud cover and sonic booms? Distant rolling thunder?

OP, what did you personally experience? Can you give specific details of your take on it?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
As far as I know, seismographs would still pick up the ground shaking whether it was an earthquake or not. This seems fairly weird.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Yes, sorry I posted this twice by mistake. Here's the other post.www.abovetopsecret.com...

I personally felt a bang in the ground around that time, here in Saint Augustine but I work around companies that have heavy equipment so I feel bangs from heavy stuff falling from time to time. I don't think I felt what was reported.

On the other post some people seem to think it was a sonic boom which would explain the reports and the lack of seismic data.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

I live in South East Florida. I didnt feel anything today, But 3 weeks ago I was laying in my daughters bed that in on the floor and the bed felt as it was moving back & forth like a small quake. When i woke in the morning I checked out siesmic activity but no reports. When I got into office I asked partner & Sec if they felt which they didnt. I wrote it off. But now I am more intrugied. Just wanted to share my story. Peace & God Bless, Mitch

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I have comments from 2 points of view. One being that it's Florida. Here, when the ground shakes, it usually means it might drop out from under us. Sink holes, in other words
When I read about this early this morning, I thought "Well, duh, when the ground moves in Florida, it generally means someone's going to lose some elevation soon."

Second, with the above in mind, I would swear I felt the bed gently shuddering last night. Like the 2006 Gulf of Mexico earthquake that I felt, the bed felt as if one of my cats was under it scratching and bumping the bed. In 2006, I had gotten on my hands and knees to get after the suspected feline, only to find no cat, and noticed everything was shaking.
Like 2006, I ignored it for a few moments before realizing that currently, we're using the underside of the bed for box storage, and none of the cats can get under it. I immediately reflected on that past experience and loaded the USGS recent quakes list, only to find no recorded activity. Needless to say, even with no recorded seismic activity, I'm still a little unnerved by it.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
This is fascinating. Subsonic sound could be felt and yet no movement would accompany it; did any mention seeing things move or water jostling such as a pool or even a fish tank? I wonder if the seismic equipment detects sound waves as well?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Wonder if it's related to this:

NEW - Oil Spill in Gulf

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mugger

To answer your question I live on the Space Coast, (East Side) of Florida and we have a huge Air Force presence. There is Patrick AFB, along with a Coast Guard Station up by Canaveral and another AF station there. However, the AFB is not designated for fighter aircraft and more based with C-130's and UH-60 Blackhawks or variants.

To answer the original question, there was an airshow at Titusville AIrport last weekend. This had everything from Migs, A-10 Warhogs, a B-2, P-51 Mustangs, and many modern aircraft. They did use fake ordnance and sound effects to make the show more real and fire. This might have something to do with the article; however, I felt no earthquake and I am an hour from Daytona.

Hope this helps by providing some information from a local

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I'm in Daytona, and didn't notice anything.
No shaking, rumbling, or anything else out of the ordinary.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

Is this not the second time this has happened? One happened on the Gulf side about a month ago right and they said it was a sonic boom. Well I am not buying that bunk.
I think it was what I have I termed "psychic tremors". I think that some people are experiencing the feelings of a tremor as a precursor. If only there were some kind of study done on people and their moods, etc right before an earthquake I think we'd find a lot of people "felt" shaking in the time leading up to the event. Of course I don't know because there really is no information about any physical sensation of tremors, just a lot about dizziness and nausea on it at all. I could be completely wrong.
edit on 20-3-2011 by ldyserenity because: edit for clarity

edit on 20-3-2011 by ldyserenity because: put in correct sentence form

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
This is fascinating. Subsonic sound could be felt and yet no movement would accompany it; did any mention seeing things move or water jostling such as a pool or even a fish tank? I wonder if the seismic equipment detects sound waves as well?

I'm central Florida. This sounds like what was happening here a couple of months ago, like a subsonic wave but with no really appreciable sound to it. You felt it rather than heard it. It would hit for an instant and then was gone, rattling the windows and scaring the cats. This went several weeks at various times. Weird.
edit on 20-3-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
It is illogical if many feel the tremors and yet finds no evidences of earthquakes despite the advance equipment we mankind use.

But then, many would feel the hands of the divine touch illogical.

Give a thanks, for USA cared and may it be further spared.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Do you think it could have to do with this?

www.youtube.com...

I've tried to find Radar for 03-18-2011 to see if I could see any chem/planetrails.. after 2hrs..I gave up. I've asked fellow ATS'ers if they know of a web site etc... no response yet. I wish I knew what Nick was using.. UFO Blogger just had this documentary posted on their site... I watched it last nite and made the connection with the tremors and sonic booms coming out of fl. Today I left a comment on that documentary... I went back to see if anyone had answered me yet... it's been takin down. I wrote UFOblogger to ask them why..so far no response.

edit on 20-3-2011 by tracehd1 because: idiot

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

edit on 20-3-2011 by tracehd1 because: duplicated

<<   2 >>

join