It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Geologist: Shaking Wasn't Florida Earthquake" WTF happened here in Florida today?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
www.wftv.com...

However, people in the north Daytona area, as well as in Deltona and as far north as St. Augustine, said they felt it as well. Many people were worried that the shaking was an earthquake.

So I heard about this on the radio and since I live in the area I would like to know what happen. They say it was not an earthquake.

The U.S. Geological Survey told Flagler County that sensors in Georgia and Orlando picked up no movement. The National Weather Service reported nothing odd, and the Navy and Coast Guard told WFTV they had no information regarding on or offshore bombing exercises.

I really hope the cause will be determined and I get to hear about it. Anyone have any input?
edit on 18-3-2011 by IndieA because: spelling

edit on 18-3-2011 by IndieA because: spelling

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

What time was this at?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
This is all I could find on it.
Miami Herald

First Coast News

I wonder what it was. What could it be? Has this happened before?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcellante

9:30 this morning.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Maybe... It's the super moon. I really don't know. But besides Japan's earthquake. It is a thought since it starts tomorrow. Hope nothing big comes out of it.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

Holy Sh%t!!!!!

So that would make it 5:30am here in the Northern Ireland! So thats why I woke up at 5:20 this morning!!

I never wake at night, and I mean never. I could sleep through a bomb going off... But this morning I woke up with a banging headache (and no it was not down to St Paddys Day... I don't drink) and very nauseous!

Wonder if this is connected?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Great. My wife is in St. Augustine until Tuesday. I get to worry this weekend.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by thorazineshuffle

You got my prayers dude. Hopefully everything will be okay.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Could someone please tell the the nature of the "boom"? A hypersonic vehicle can make a long wave, "deep resonate and thunder like sound" If it's natural (as in seismic) animals often freak out before earth quakes. Any one have their pets going nuts?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Well I live in Palm Coast, right in the middle of the two cities. I was up at around 9:00, can't quiet recall an EQ though. I can keep you guys posted if anything else happens if you would like.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Has this happened before?
reply to post by KingJod

We don't normally get any shaking here. Now that I think of it though, I remember seeing a strange military base inland from Palm coast on Google maps that looked odd and someone did recently tell me there, at least used to be, a bombing range out that way. I wonder if the military had anything to do with it?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
i am in the area too and noticed nothing so not sure but will keep an eye out

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Well there wasn't any seismic activity in that area today. With all the militay bases in could possibly be a sonic boom. It has happened plenty of times before and will happen again.

sciencedude.ocregister.com...
sciencedude.ocregister.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
This sounds exactly like a sonic boom event from an aircraft that has gone supersonic.

The military jets aren't supposed to do that over populated areas - but if they do, it's usually because of some sort of emergency/scramble situation.

*gets popcorn*

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcellante
So that would make it 5:30am here in the Northern Ireland! So thats why I woke up at 5:20 this morning!!

I think you did your math backwards. If it was 9:30 am EST it would have been 1:30pm in Northern Ireland (assuming you are now +4 to EST). It certainly wouldn't have been earlier.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingJod

Originally posted by thorazineshuffle

You got my prayers dude. Hopefully everything will be okay.

Thanks! I have had a weird feeling about her going this weekend, she doesn't like when I talk about things that I read on here, and so I did not tell her that I felt strange about this weekend, but I do. I do not know why. I guess it has something to do with this super moon concept and the possibility of higher than normal tides, or flooding, or something out of the ordinary happening. I hope I am just being insane, and everything will be fine.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Really?

Its 10:21pm now, so is it not 6:21pm in Florida??

You got me doubting myself now.... Soooooooooooo

Is this not right?
edit on 18-3-2011 by Xcellante because: Cause I wanna!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

Maybe I'm mistaken ..but after hearing pres speach this would be right around the lift off time for support aircraft to have needed to lift off for Libya.....
Just sayin is all.....although I figure the plane/s flew outa VA and Missouri...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcellante
reply to post by ararisq

Really?

Its 10:21pm now, so is it not 6:21pm in Florida??

Yep.. It is 6:22 Pm in Florida.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Holiday
reply to post by IndieA

Maybe I'm mistaken ..but after hearing pres speach this would be right around the lift off time for support aircraft to have needed to lift off for Libya.....
Just sayin is all.....although I figure the plane/s flew outa VA and Missouri...

The President did not speak about Libya until 2:20 pm eastern time. The event of the shaking was around 9:30 am. So...No the two are not related.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join