It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cassini Sees Seasonal Rains Transform Surface of Saturn's Moon Titan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

As spring continues to unfold at Saturn, April showers on the planet's largest moon, Titan, have brought methane rain to its equatorial deserts, as revealed in images captured by NASA's Cassini spacecraft. This is the first time scientists have obtained current evidence of rain soaking Titan's surface at low latitudes. Extensive rain from large cloud systems, spotted by Cassini's cameras in late 2010, has apparently darkened the surface of the moon. The best explanation is these areas remained wet after methane rainstorms. The observations released in the journal Science, combined with earlier results in Geophysical Research Letters last month, show the weather systems of Titan's thick atmosphere and the changes wrought on its surface are affected by the changing seasons.

source

Interesting very interesting...."The best explanation is these areas remained wet after methane rainstorms"
what could some other explanations be?

edit on 3/18/2011 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by iforget

I appreciate your post - because everyone else here is freaking out over Japan (i understand) - not much attention is being payed to these amazing discoveries...

I actually see the pattern of 'disclosure' now - "they" wait until something big is happening then they quickly release the info like this...

It is clever in the way that when people one day demand to know why we wern't told - NASA can turn around and show them these types of releases...

Also check out my new thread where I think i may have found some UFOs in Titans atmosphere:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
More Info/Pics from JPL

When I use a young man I was taught that Methane was a Biomarker. It seems like that idea has been largely ignored. Regardless of all that it is still amazing to see something that can be at once so familiar and yet so exotic.

new topics

join