It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 children still waiting at school for parents to come for them. A heartbreaking story from the day

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

I actually failed to consider that school was even in session during the time that all this went down. I feel horrible for these children.
edit on 18-3-2011 by lcbjr1979 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
That is so heartbreaking and to be honest its something I've been trying to avoid thinking about or reading. I can only hope against all hope that a member of family collects them soon, if cross culture adoption wasn't so taboo today I'd be the first in line to adopt.

I hope they're getting lots of cuddles and loving right now

edit on 18/3/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
A quote from the linked article, referring to the schoolchildren:

...they wait patiently reading books or playing card games watched over by relatives and teachers, who prevent anyone from speaking to them. Officials fear that even the sound of the door sliding back might raise false hope that a parent has come to collect them.

How heartrending! And what magnificent sensitivity on the part of the officials who are taking care of the children.

I fear the worst, since so much time has passed. If I were a parent living in that area, I'd make a beeline to the school as soon as the wave subsided. Still, the parents, kids and caretakers will remain in my prayers. You never know.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

I hate to think that a parent is injured in hospital but in this case I really hope that there is family out there that will be able to recover the children as soon as they can...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
At least on the bright side. The school held up and the children are still alive. Granted they will have a life time of trauma from this dire day. I hope they can all find a way to cope with it in healthy ways.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
My heart bleeds for these poor little children.

This is a good reminder to us all that once the dust settles and the pictures of this disaster are no longer on the TV, that this disaster will affect many people for the rest of their lives and generations to come.
I only hope that these little beings can have some type of normal life after all of this.
Peace.
Meathed

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
There is no running water, or heating or electricity and over 600 in the corriders of this school, I don't believe its all children. When do they get evacuated? How long does it take, to get the evacuation? After the period of death from hunger and cold is officially over? How long do you live without water? Its been a week.

This is Genocide!
edit on 18-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

You know that is an excellent point. I would have to assume that they are rationing what they have in the cafeteria, however with no electricty i would have to say that most of the food is rotten by now. Hopefully there is rescue soon.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

Although it doesn't surprise me I'm gutted this thread hasn't received more attention as of yet

It seems to me that people love to talk about the possibility that radiation might in a million years get to them but they don't really care about what's happening over there. Children waiting for mothers that will never come isn't as important to some people as potassium iodine selling out in a country 4.5 thousand miles away
Thats humanity for you

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Maybe the story is just too real for some people.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by lcbjr1979
Maybe the story is just too real for some people.

I like to think that's the case, normally I'd have a dig about and add something valuable to your thread but in this case I just can't bear it, I can't go looking for something that's going to make me cry and feel more helpless than I already do

When I think of those children I think of my own little girl who is always waiting for me by the door at playschool when I pick her up (she only goes for 3hrs one day a week) the thought of those little children waiting for their mums to come is unbearable

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
dangg!!! that SUCKS.

Wish i could help but i have a hard time coming up with rent each month, tis a cold world..

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
It is truly heartbreaking.... I think we all know the fate of their parents
. Human services, or the Japanese counterpart, I'm certain are too swamped to "deal" with them right now which is why we are reading about it in the paper.

As for the thread not getting too much attention, I'm not surprised, what are people supposed to say "how horrible" post after post.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth

As for the thread not getting too much attention, I'm not surprised, what are people supposed to say "how horrible" post after post.

Well to be fair they managed it about the dogs

2 dogs got more attention than these children on ATS.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I put my arms around the needy and send them all my warmth and love from the other side of the world
and pray that willing hands are able to reach them and graciously give to them what is needed.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

You can live for a month without food, but you can only last a week at the most without water.
But with the snow falling they will have water. I just hope there isn't any radiation in the snow.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by meathed

I know, the water is dire. And that is why waiting is Genocide. The Japanese Gov is blessed with a very good trust fund, and money should be put where it counts, and that is getting all the people to safety before a possible nuclear chain reaction occurs.

Every one saved is a blessing.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versa
reply to post by lcbjr1979

Although it doesn't surprise me I'm gutted this thread hasn't received more attention as of yet

It seems to me that people love to talk about the possibility that radiation might in a million years get to them but they don't really care about what's happening over there. Children waiting for mothers that will never come isn't as important to some people as potassium iodine selling out in a country 4.5 thousand miles away
Thats humanity for you

With the countless threads on the horrors of what's happening in Japan, and many commenting all over the place, what is left to say? It is difficult for people to keep repeating the same things over and over. Of course people care and they care deeply. There comes a time when people have said all there is to say and their hearts are broken. They continue to pray and have compassion.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versa

Originally posted by searching4truth

Well to be fair they managed it about the dogs

2 dogs got more attention than these children on ATS.

Don't say bad stuff about dogs ATS will attack you. :/ Then they will make you feel crazy and call you a psychopath.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I agree that they should have already been evacuated. But it isn't genocide.
Its stupid governments lying to their people, and lying to the world.
People will die from the lies and its the shareholders that seem to be worried the most.

Get the children out if its safe enough.
But the longer they leave it, the worse it will get.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join