It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Feminist Narcissism and the Sperm Bank

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by StigShen
Rather than teaching women to make sound, rational reproduction decisions, the system rewards bad behavior. The system tells women that it's okay for them to be irresponsible and not think about the consequences of their actions, because men and/or the government will fix everything and take the responsibility.

Or any other 'responsible' adult.

Excellent posts, close to the bone at times, but I don't mind that

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Nathwa

It's not Feminisms job to teach women consequences about their choices.
It's up to women as free thinking human beings to do that, which they do on a daily basis.
Not all women identify with being Feminists and I'm one of them.
I'm just a female trying to find my way in the world like most men are, hoping to get the best for myself and my family.

If you asked a male under 25 about Feminism, he'd have no idea what the hell you are talking about.
The younger generation view things a lot differently than the middle aged.
And let's be honest, it is mainly middle aged men who have a problem with "Feminists" even though in 2011 the term is really archaic and most women don't identify with it.

I think a lot of people are still stuck in the 60s.
edit on 20-3-2011 by Flighty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Flighty

I am a middle-aged man who has never been married, and I have no children. Nevertheless, I have always wanted to be a father, and have given my all to a few serious long term relationships. These women turned out to be liars. Not only lieing to me, but lieing to themselves They pretended to agree with my views, pretended to like the things I liked, only to find out 3, 4, 5, years later that they had been lieing the whole time. They wasted my time, I didn't waste theirs.

Then there was also the financial responsibility factor. Just about every woman I have ever dated had substantial credit card debt and irresponsible spending habits. One girlfriend racked up MY credit cards too.

It finally comes out. I knew it had to be something like this that might have brought you here to try to degrade women in general and make yourself feel better about yourself. Now it makes perfect sense. Listen up bud,... you're not the only one who's struggled in relationships. I've personally known both men and women who have become very jaded over the years, coming to the belief that the opposite gender was a pack of lying, thieving wolves. I've heard those stories from both sides. What I didn't hear either party say is that maybe..... just maybe they had something to do with their failure to secure a man or woman who would treat them right. These people (although I love them dearly) remain blind to the fact that they continue to pick the wrong types. They don't know why they keep going back to incompatible types, but they make no effort to find out. This leads to more bad choices, which in turn leads to misery and false beliefs about the opposite sex. A little introspection goes a long way.

The world is full of good men and women with solid and honest backgrounds. The world also houses many bad people of both genders. Neither gender is immune to bad decisions and selfish actions. I've been disappointed by both sides a few times, but I don't attribute those peoples' actions to the entire group, because I know that every human being is different. You can either continue to hate women on account of what the few women you picked for your partners did to you, or you can turn over a new leaf and look inside yourself to find out where you go wrong in picking your partners. Feminism has nothing to do with your failed relationships, whether you want to admit to that or not.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by StigShen

You can keep saying that you're not bitter but your posts just keep saying the opposite.

No one is being swayed by anything here. People are trying to point out your problems to you and you are refusing to see them.

That is ok though. I will leave it at that.

And you are so narcissistic you can't even comprehend that someone might raise these issues without some hidden personal agenda.

I am not bitter. I am sad. I am sad for women. I am sad for the state of this country. I am sad for the children that my girlfriend tends to at the group home every night. I am sad for my best friend's little boy who has a slut for a mother, and two violent psychotic boys for step-brothers.

You want to get personal. Let's get personal. A few of the children there in the group home, who I see on a regular basis, their mother was just murdered. You know why she was murdered? Because she was a stripper, a crack dealer, and a violent felon by the time she was 21. She had several kids by several different men, and was pregnant with her murderers maybe when she was strangled and dumped in a closet.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

"Identify" with it or not, the agenda is still being carried out. It is ingrained into our legal system, and will therefore affect every interaction a woman has with a man.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

Sigh, goes way beyond Stig's relationships. I am not jaded. I have dated all sorts of women. I was merely pointing out that in my own experience in some of these relationships is in line with the larger trends and the points that I have raised. Narcissistic women who can't see beyond themselves or take responsibility for their choices. The world doesn't revolve around you, and it certainly doesn't revolve around me.

I take responsibility for my choices. My choice to not get married to a woman like that, and to not have children with women like that. Sure it sucks, I've always wanted to be a Dad. But you don't see me running out to some clinic hunting for a surrogate mother to gestate my spawn.

But now you dare to sit here and belittle me because I made the RIGHT choices?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Typos.

Will try again.

edit on 20-3-2011 by Whiffer Nippets because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I think that the problem here goes beyond mere feminism. Men have problems understanding consequences too. Has anyone ever seen the guy who just goes around having sex with women and doesnt care about their feelings, if they get pregnant, or how the men in their lives feel? Instant gratification and selfishness is the name of the game for many people, regardless of gender.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nathwa
I think that the problem here goes beyond mere feminism. Men have problems understanding consequences too. Has anyone ever seen the guy who just goes around having sex with women and doesnt care about their feelings, if they get pregnant, or how the men in their lives feel? Instant gratification and selfishness is the name of the game for many people, regardless of gender.

All the more reason for women to be responsible for themselves, and not get knocked up by some neanderthal like that.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Indeed, it takes two to tango. However, as a man I find that sort of behavior by men reprehensible. Men need to learn about consequences as do women. Why women indulge that type of behavior is beyond me.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

reply to post by 2manyquestions

Sigh, goes way beyond Stig's relationships. I am not jaded. I have dated all sorts of women. I was merely pointing out that in my own experience in some of these relationships is in line with the larger trends and the points that I have raised. Narcissistic women who can't see beyond themselves or take responsibility for their choices. The world doesn't revolve around you, and it certainly doesn't revolve around me.

I take responsibility for my choices. My choice to not get married to a woman like that, and to not have children with women like that. Sure it sucks, I've always wanted to be a Dad. But you don't see me running out to some clinic hunting for a surrogate mother to gestate my spawn.

But now you dare to sit here and belittle me because I made the RIGHT choices?

I am not belittling you. As I said before, you are not the only one here who's experienced failed relationships. The difference is that you let it get to you.

You didn't choose not to get married, you chose not to get married to the women you were with, which (it sounds to me) was for the best. You also didn't choose not to have children, you chose not to have children with the women you were with.

Most human beings are naturally programed to want to procreate at some point in their lives. Men exhibit the signs by wanting to sleep with everything that moves, and women exhibit the signs by having an urge to become mothers when they reach a certain age. If this wasn't so, we'd have about a fourth of the world's population right now. Very few heterosexual couples get pregnant because they chose to do so intentionally (by using their intellect to make that decision).

You're not going to run to some surrogate clinic trying to have a baby, because you are not a woman. You may continue on your invisible, natural crusade to father as many children as possible by having the urge to have sex. A woman will continue on her invisible, natural crusade to give birth to a child by feeling the urge to become a mother usually by the time she is 35-40. It's the last chance she has to produce a healthy, problem-free offspring.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Nathwa

Not all sex has to do with feelings, sometimes it is just sex. And the difference between the guy and the girl: The girl makes 100% of the choice what happens after she gets pregnant. Doesn't matter what they guy thinks, it is her choice. Even if he made it clear from the getgo he don't want kids, and used condoms. Doesn't matter if the girl lies and says she is on the pill. Girl makes all the choice, but the guy has to take at least 50% of the responsibility for her choice.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Indeed, it takes two to tango. However, as a man I find that sort of behavior by men reprehensible. Men need to learn about consequences as do women. Why women indulge that type of behavior is beyond me.

Ultimately, it is the woman's responsibility when it comes to having children. But I certainly dont think that sort of man has any real place in modern society. Of course, if women didn't go chasing after the "bad boys" they would be extinct.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Indeed, your logic is concise. Do you think that it is a problem that sex is often seen as "just sex", and nothing more then that?

If you will indulge me for a moment, let us say that sex is a much more intimate act then "just sex". Let us assume that there is a spiritual component or whatever. Could viewing sex as "just sex" lead to more harm then good, or is sex really "just sex"?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I'm narcissistic?

Talk about grasping for straws.

Whatever floats your boat, pal. You're still wrong.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions

I am not belittling you. As I said before, you are not the only one here who's experienced failed relationships. The difference is that you let it get to you.

How is my failed relationships "getting to me" when I am holding the child of a dead stripper? I never said I was the only one has experienced a failed relationship. Yet again, for clarity maybe this time. THIS IS NOT ABOUT ME. The more you try to make this about me, the more you prove my point.

You didn't choose not to get married, you chose not to get married to the women you were with, which (it sounds to me) was for the best. You also didn't choose not to have children, you chose not to have children with the women you were with.

Okay, true enough.

Most human beings are naturally programed to want to procreate at some point in their lives. Men exhibit the signs by wanting to sleep with everything that moves, and women exhibit the signs by having an urge to become mothers when they reach a certain age. If this wasn't so, we'd have about a fourth of the world's population right now. Very few heterosexual couples get pregnant because they chose to do so intentionally (by using their intellect to make that decision).

You're not going to run to some surrogate clinic trying to have a baby, because you are not a woman. You may continue on your invisible, natural crusade to father as many children as possible by having the urge to have sex. A woman will continue on her invisible, natural crusade to give birth to a child by feeling the urge to become a mother usually by the time she is 35-40. It's the last chance she has to produce a healthy, problem-free offspring.

I don't sleep with everything that moves because I am a mature, civilized man who takes responsibility for himself. So now you have just equated women who go to sperm banks with man-whores who take no responsibility for a trail of the women they have used and the children they have left behind scattered across the countryside.

Now as far as making an intelligent decisions about getting pregnant, you may be right. All too many pregnancies are NOT intentional. But as I have said before, woman's choice, woman's responsibility ultimately.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

reply to post by TKDRL

Indeed, your logic is concise. Do you think that it is a problem that sex is often seen as "just sex", and nothing more then that?

If you will indulge me for a moment, let us say that sex is a much more intimate act then "just sex". Let us assume that there is a spiritual component or whatever. Could viewing sex as "just sex" lead to more harm then good, or is sex really "just sex"?

VERY good point, which happens to be a huge part of the problem. Too many boys and girls think of sex as "just sex". How many times have we heard guys get together, go out drinking or clubbing with the intention of "getting laid"? Nowadays it's called "hooking up", something that both girls and boys do together. Some men like to keep count of the women they've slept with, a list that can go into the hundreds over a lifetime. Guys and girls need to learn to keep it in their pants, and respect sex to be a lot more than "just sex" with random strangers. Picking appropriate partners for such occasions is a form of art and an exercise in restraint..... something that neither boys or girls practice these days.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Nathwa

Ok personal opinion and observations. I usually do feel some sort of connection during sex, I think that is because it is kind of like meditation. You are totally in the moment, and your energies are intertwined and exchanging.

What I meant is sex is just sex, is that it is not always a relationship thing. I have a few friends with benefits now, and that is fine by me. I am not looking for a relationship right now, I can't afford one timewise or moneywise. They have boyfriends/husbands/fiances that can't take care of their needs. I can and am happy to do so.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Don't you feel guilty about helping these people to cheat on their significant others?

Just wondering.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Nathwa

Not all sex has to do with feelings, sometimes it is just sex. And the difference between the guy and the girl: The girl makes 100% of the choice what happens after she gets pregnant. Doesn't matter what they guy thinks, it is her choice. Even if he made it clear from the getgo he don't want kids, and used condoms. Doesn't matter if the girl lies and says she is on the pill. Girl makes all the choice, but the guy has to take at least 50% of the responsibility for her choice.

Bingo. Quoted for resonance.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join