It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog ate my Intro.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Hello ATS members!

Okay, I honestly do not own a dog. I just wanted to wade into ATS for a few days before posting an Intro. And what a few days!

I would like to start off by thanking each and every one of you as a collective. Like most new members I’ve been a long time lurker of ATS. A recent post made me get off of the fence once and for all and actually sign up and start my true ATS experience. (Don’t worry David9176, I won’t tell anyone it was a post by you that forced my hand. DAMN!!!!! Sorry…my bad!)

When I first stumbled upon ATS quite some time ago I considered it among my bookmarked “Political Favorites” as the equal to The National Enquirer. Not a serious read, but damn fun all the same. (Reptiians are running the New York Stock Exchange? Priceless!)

Anyhow, I have this tendency to move my bookmarked favorites up and down the ladder based upon how much time I spend on a given site. Over time ATS has gone from The National Enquirer to the very tippy-top of my bookmarked “Political Favorites”.

This is because I’ve noticed both the content of ATS, as well as the intellectual discourses between its members, has really taken off. Seriously, read most political/alternative news sites nowadays and then read the users comments! I mean, did John 5722 really have to say that about YoYo7’s mother? And about an appropriations bill in the New Jersey State Senate? C’mon!

You folks are such a cut above those other sites if for no other reason then how you give and take. There is no doubt that tension between members exists, but it is almost always handled with respect and dignity. I genuinely admire that about ATS and its members, of whom I am proud to count myself as a part of. (Despite what my signature says…LOL!)

Honestly, since signing up I pretty much all but ignore all the other bookmarked sites for my daily news intake. You folks are always my first stop.

I look forward to everything ATS has to offer and just hope I can return a bit of the favor.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
ive got to say that was one of the best intros in a while.... oh ya and welcome

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

I loved the title, perfect,
Welcome friend we share a correlation being new members and all,
Keep on keepin on!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Hello Hessling Welcome to ATS !

I'm like you i always come here first for my daily dose of the news..there is alot of good folks here i cant wait to see you in the forums ~~cookie

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Waves hello! Welcome!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Great title and intro, keep that sense of humour about you and you will fit right in, Enjoy

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Hi, Hessling, and welcome to ATS!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS!
Good intro!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I honestly do own a dog and he is trying to eat your welcome......hold on....just one second......ah here it is...WE COME opps he at the L....Oh well , We COME together here at ATS to share thoughts, stories, opinions and ideas, sooo welcome

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessling
Hello ATS members!

Okay, I honestly do not own a dog. I just wanted to wade into ATS for a few days before posting an Intro. And what a few days!

I would like to start off by thanking each and every one of you as a collective. Like most new members I’ve been a long time lurker of ATS. A recent post made me get off of the fence once and for all and actually sign up and start my true ATS experience. (Don’t worry David9176, I won’t tell anyone it was a post by you that forced my hand. DAMN!!!!! Sorry…my bad!)

When I first stumbled upon ATS quite some time ago I considered it among my bookmarked “Political Favorites” as the equal to The National Enquirer. Not a serious read, but damn fun all the same. (Reptiians are running the New York Stock Exchange? Priceless!)

Anyhow, I have this tendency to move my bookmarked favorites up and down the ladder based upon how much time I spend on a given site. Over time ATS has gone from The National Enquirer to the very tippy-top of my bookmarked “Political Favorites”.

This is because I’ve noticed both the content of ATS, as well as the intellectual discourses between its members, has really taken off. Seriously, read most political/alternative news sites nowadays and then read the users comments! I mean, did John 5722 really have to say that about YoYo7’s mother? And about an appropriations bill in the New Jersey State Senate? C’mon!

You folks are such a cut above those other sites if for no other reason then how you give and take. There is no doubt that tension between members exists, but it is almost always handled with respect and dignity. I genuinely admire that about ATS and its members, of whom I am proud to count myself as a part of. (Despite what my signature says…LOL!)

Honestly, since signing up I pretty much all but ignore all the other bookmarked sites for my daily news intake. You folks are always my first stop.

I look forward to everything ATS has to offer and just hope I can return a bit of the favor.

Peace.

I love people that are laid back, and see things how they are!

Welcome to ATS, hope to hear some of your feedback on the topics!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Thanks for all the kind regards.

Looking forward to seeing you all on the forums.

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Right on, man. The comments sections on most political sites are like youtube comments -- they almost make me lose faith in humanity.
I have to remind myself that most sensible people either aren't posting at all, or are posting at other places. This is one of those other places, which is a big reason I decided to create an account here. I lurk several sites, but this one is worth signing up for, contributing worthwhile content to, and joining the discussions.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

Enjoy.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by KZ6090

KZ6090,

Couldn't have said it better myself. I still lurk around several other sites and am simply appalled at the way the comments go back and forth. While ATS may not be perfect, it is a far cry better than the other sites I've looked at for civility as well as content.

(Can you just imagine some of the ATS members disassembling commentators from those other sites? It would be a massacre!)

Thanks for the reply. Cheers!
edit on 30-3-2011 by Hessling because: A bit more to add to post

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Texcin
I honestly do own a dog and he is trying to eat your welcome......hold on....just one second......ah here it is...WE COME opps he at the L....Oh well , We COME together here at ATS to share thoughts, stories, opinions and ideas, sooo welcome

BAD DOG!

BAD, BAD DOG!

Stop eating Texcin's reply.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Aliens abducted me, sorry for the late inro :\

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by gooroo
Aliens abducted me, sorry for the late inro :

They should have taken Texcin's dog with them.

BAD DOG!

Welcome back to our little blue marble.
edit on 31-3-2011 by Hessling because: Formatting

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Gday.
Kick your dog up the arse and he shoudn't do it again.

Ps. enjoy ATS. I will see you around.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Thought I'd make an attempt at embedding a video since I've been struggling to do so up until now.

Hope this works!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join