It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My thoughts on our fragile planet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This is my first thread. I have read alot on here throughout the years and alot of it has been from paranoid people and the other lot has been from rational people with educated answers, theories, and concerns.

My concern in the era we live in, this age of time where everything bad that could possibly happen to damage our planet gets worse each and every second of every day.

Is there global warming? Is there a doomsday upon us in 2012? Will we soon be controlled by a NWO?

I could go on and on.

Look, IMO there are no TRUE prophets, there are no dates that will give us specific times something catastrophic will happen. But thats my own opinion and I do not expect everyone to agree with me, nor do I really care. I could be proven wrong, and I would eat my crow for it gladly.

The only thing that I believe can be an accurate prediction is our aquifers are going dry, our world is becoming polluted beyond reconciliation, famine is not that far away in a global event, and war for the oil thats left will continue as long as we still have it in the Earth.

Sure I believe solar power is a good system to have. But I believe we are too late to educate enough of the masses on this planet to implement it into most homes by the timeframe needed.

Our children will suffer in the decades ahead for that.

No matter if you believe in a scenario of our demise, be rest assured, the demise will be of our own making by a higher percentage than a pole shift.

My question to you all that speak of helping to improve our fragile planet is this.

Do you practice what you preach? Do you do what you post or do you just post it to make your point look good?
I practice solar, wind, and farm my own land, and yes, I still stay in the current digital way of life as I would relying on other people and agencies to give me a helping hand with all the modern tools we have at our disposal.

The saying one person can make a difference is false, i believe it takes millions to make a difference in this planet to make it better, and I dont see that happening. It is a sad fact of life and we will pay for it, now that is a prediction you can carve in a stone!

My main purpose of this thread is to say this. Forget all these useless conspiracies and thoughts of all kinds of far fetched theories we will all die soon.

Focus now on making your life self sustainable, and once you do that, you then can pass that on to your childern, and as time goes by those children make their own advances and they pass it on.

Now can I sit here and tell you for a fact nothing will happen from a celestial event? No, I can't, I keep my mind open to everything, hell, something could be our demise we don't even know about yet.

I know in this period of time Earthquakes are the general subject which is valid and the question that more are happening, I have this.

I've thought about the "more earthquakes" here is something to think about.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

I count 105 quakes of 7.0 magnitude or higher in the 1980s
I count 153 quakes of 7.0 magnitude or higher in the 1990s
I count 144 quakes of 7.0 magnitude or higher in the 2000s

5 quakes of 8.0 magnitude or higher in the 1980s
6 quakes of 8.0 magnitude or higher in the 1990s
13 quakes of 8.0 magnitude or higher in the 2000s

From 1973-2003 there were 0 quakes over 8.5 magnitude
Since 2004 there have been 5 quakes over 8.5 magnitude. Two of which were at least 9.0

Magnitude 9.1 - OFF THE WEST COAST OF NORTHERN SUMATRA

Magnitude 9.0 - NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN

More earthquakes in general? I don't know, though it is clear that there has definitely been an increase in higher magnitudes, going off numbers given from this database anyways.

So more quakes, ummm, dunno, but it is apparent that they are indefinite getting stronger. Food for thought... Like I said, I don't take anything off the table I keep my mind open, and subject to any theory for deep thought.

But in the end the thing that history tells us is ALL kingdoms fall, mother nature has the last word, and nothing in science can stop that, it is what it is. Be thankful your in the age of modern man where you at least have a free choice and the choice to make a difference.

In time that is what can make a difference. We are all children of this Earth, we are on a lease to this planet and our lease runs out sooner or later and there are no security deposit refunds.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JAGx1981

well done for a first thread!

i do practice what i preach and i agree with you so a certian extent..

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Good info OP ,I have been saying it for the last two months in my thread with many indications of the same.www.abovetopsecret.com...
Thanks ,Peace gringo

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Thanks you guys. I know some may not agree completely, no one ever sees eye to eye though in anything most of the time thats what makes us unique as individuals.

But that thread is just a small introduction. I have other things even conspiracies I believe in.

I'm definately not a critic that thinks everything is normal and has a '' realist '' meaning, I think they are many things in the making that some of the things people speak that sound outlandish are actually valid in some ways.

I mean I am a paranormal and cryptozology investigator, that right there makes some think '' oh no, looney bin ''.

But this world has mysteries that science cannot explain, and for those reasons I have seen with my own eyes, that is why I don't 100% ever throw anything out.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
heres some stats to add to this from another therad I read recently

From 1980 to 1990, there were 16 quakes at least 7.5.
From 1990 to 2000, there were 37.
From 2000 to 2010, there were 58.

hmmmmm

join