It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Ancient Astronaut Theory – An ATS Research Project
**All of the above are links to FULL episodes**
Link courtesy of About.com
Definition: Some researchers believe that architecture, folklore, and even art from ancient civilizations show a definite link to extraterrestrials who visited earth many years ago.
Ancient Astronaut Theory - "Why the sudden burst of Attention?"
- Source: The Ancients Series | Part I: Sumerians
The Sumerians, the people of the land of Sumer, are sometimes called the ‘sudden civilization’, and for good reason. They suddenly spawned around 4000BC in between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers, Mesopotamia. Many Biblical scholars claim this area to be the Biblical site of the ‘Garden of ED.EN’; it is regarded as the Cradle of Civilization. The Sumerians developed to become the most advanced civilization on Earth, creating incredible developments in mathematics, science, astrology, architecture and agriculture and are credited with many inventions such as the early developments of the wheel, military weaponry and cuneiform, the first writing system in the world. How did this sudden expanse in human ingenuity happen?
What I believe to be of significant importance when researching any ancient civilization is to look at the meanings of words, the definitions, the origins.
Sumer literally translates to ‘Land of the Lords of Brightness’. What possible reasoning could there to call it this? After all, the naming of a nation and one’s land held detrimental importance not only for ancient cultures but for modern day ones aswell. A logical example, whether fictional or not, would be Egypt. Egypt got its name when Noah’s son, Ham, married a woman called Egypt. Their daughter was named Egyptus, and she first discovered the land while it was still covered with water. Once the floods had receded, Egyptus settled down and named the land after her mother, Egypt. The reason that Egypt (the land) is sometimes referred to as Kemet (or Kermit) is because Egypt (the person) was black by decent, hence Kermit meaning ‘the Black land’. That’s just one logical example to put things into perspective. There has to be reasoning behind the naming of a people and their land, so who or what were these ‘lords of brightness’, and what possible importance could they hold with the people of Sumer? It’s important to note here that light has strong associations with knowledge and enlightenment; this is evident in all ancient cultures.
Now the Sumerians themselves called their land ‘the water land’. It’s interesting that a lot of Origins ‘myths’ talk about lands covered with water, leaves a lot for speculation, but that is for another time. The Sumerians referred to themselves as ùĝ saĝ gígpe which translates to ‘the big-headed people’. The reasoning behind this choice of definition could have many reasons, the people of Sumer were no different biologically to other humans of the period, so this definition, if not depicting what they actually are (being ‘big-headed’) could only be describing what they want to be OR what they are in some way connected to. Ancient Sumerian mythology carries vivid tales of wars between men and God’s, interaction between men and God’s and the transferring of knowledge between men and God’s.
- invented picture-hieroglyphs which developed into the cuneiform (wedge-shaped) script, the earliest known written language
- spoke a language which is generally regarded as unique as it is related to no known language family
built the first true city states
- developed the first known codified legal and administrative systems (with jails, courts, and administrative records)
- invented the wheel
- were astronomers who first mapped out constellations and the zodiac known later to the Greeks. The five visible planets (to the naked eye) have Sumerian names
- invented and developed number systems with both base 10 (decimal) and base 6. It became the standard number system of later civilizations and is still used today in degrees in a circle, the foot and its 12 inches and the dozen
- probably invented military formations and basic divisions of archers, infantry and cavalry
- established formal schools
- were the first to use kilns to fire clay
- developed intensive agriculture
- built high rise structures and developed the arch, buttresses, recesses, half-columns and clay nails
- had impressive medical expertise in diagnostic and surgical techniques
- developed textile and clothing industries
- had several other cultural "firsts" as well, such as the first proverbs, first library catalog, first historian and so on
Is it any wonder that these people, who came from somewhere, but nobody knows where, have aroused such interest?
And that's the key point here. The Sumerians and their civilization virtually erupted from nothing. There was nothing else like it before them and then suddenly you have a highly detailed and advanced society.
The answer to the 'why' may well have been found in their writings, which are extensive and which cover all areas of life; from science to government records, from stories to mathematics, and from history to astronomy with everything in between.
It took a long time to decode it, but, once done, it was found to contain many references to gods and allusions to other manifestations of a highly advanced race of beings.
These beings were called the Annunaki.
It is the contention of one of the principal scholars of Sumerian clay tablets, Zechariah Sitchin, that these Annunaki were responsible for the advanced status of Sumer.
Not only that, but they were instrumental in actually altering humanity genetically. The details are laid out clearly in his books, which I suggest you read if you are at all interested in this aspect of history.
Actually, the major investigator of these Sumerian records is Zechariah Sitchin. He says that his work shows that many of the Biblical Stories originated from Sumeria and the activities of the Annunaki.
Further, he claims that the Annunaki were on Earth about 450,000 years ago, primarily looking for gold which was very important in their culture, and perhaps for their longevity.
Not surprisingly, such advanced beings in ships and with 'magical' technology were viewed as gods. The main person was Anu, in charge overall, probably remaining in orbit around Earth.
Beneath him were Ninhursag, Enlil (brother and sister) and Enki, as well as Marduk, Inanna and a variety of minor deities each with their own areas of responsibility.
From careful reading of the clay tablets and interpretation of the carvings on the cylinder seals found in ancient Sumer, Sitchin has pieced together a detailed history of the Annunaki.
The full story is very long and worth reading if you are at all interested in this aspect of alien intervention in human affairs. There are six books in his series titled 'The Earth Chronicles'. In them, he takes the story of the Annunaki from their origin on another planet (which has since been known as Nibiru, Planet X, Marduk and The Twelfth Planet), and tells of how they mined gold, manipulated the genes of humanity and generally altered the normal run of affairs on Earth.
For example, there is a puzzling passage in Genesis chapter 6 verse 4 which reads; "There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they; bare children unto them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown."
Originally posted by Rising Against
Now, AAT is a somewhat difficult topic to assess at times - difficult in the sense that absolute solid, hardcore facts can sometimes be hard to come by. At times speculation and wild theories instead taking "center stage."
“Stretch your arms to their fullest extent and imagine that width as the entire history of Earth. All of complex life is in one hand, and in a single stroke with a nail file you could eradicate human history.” - From “A Short History of Nearly Everything” by Bill Bryson
Tales from various sources suggest that the gods possessed an advanced knowledge of biology many millennia ago:
- The Egyptian god Thoth helped Isis, the wife of Osiris, to extract from the dismembered Osiris the semen with which Isis was impregnated to bear Horus.
- “The Telleriano-Remensis and Florentine codices declare that Quetzalcoatl, as great artificer, ‘formed’ and ‘molded’ the first human beings in his image, and that only he - and no other god - ‘had a human body’.” (Baldwin, 1998).
- “Before I (the Lord) formed you (Jeremiah) in the belly I knew you; and before you came out of the womb I set you apart…” (Green, Jay, 1986, Jeremiah 1:5).
- “…‘though it is said that in truth Zeus, King of the Gods, whom you call Amen-Ra, was her father’. Seti nodded when he heard this and murmured, ‘Even as Amen-Ra was the father of Hatshepsut. Yes, the gods can indeed be the fathers of the spirits that dwell in the bodies of kings and queens’.” (Green, Roger, 1967).
- In the tale of the birth of Samson, Manoah’s wife, who was barren, was visited by “the Angel of Jehovah” who said,
“Behold now you are barren and have not borne. But you shall conceive and bear a son…(who shall be)…a Nazirite to God from the womb” (Green, Jay, 1986, Judges 13:2-14) (Nazirite: Endowed with special psychic or physical qualities to be used in God’s service).
- “The god Citlaltonac sent an ambassador to see the virgin Chimalma…The god told her that she was to conceive a son, which she did soon after…” (Fernandez, 1982).
- Concerning the birth of the Toltec god Huitzilopochtli: “…a woman called Coatlicue, who was charged with keeping clean a temple on the Cerro de Coatepec, near Tula, was sweeping the building when she saw a beautiful ball of feathers drop from the sky, and put it away in her bosom. When she had finished her work, and tried to find the feather ball, it was no longer there, it had disappeared. At that same moment she became pregnant, although she had been a widow for many years.” (Demetrio, 1983).
- In his discussion of the Sumerian story of the creation of The Adam (" the earthling") from Mesopotamian texts (clay tablets), Zecharia Sitchin (1985) writes,
“…to achieve the feat Enki suggested that a ‘being that already exists’, Ape woman, be used to create the Lulu Amelu (‘the mixed worker’) by ‘binding’ upon the less evolved beings ‘the mold of the gods’. The goddess Sud purified the ‘essence’ of a young male Anunnaki; she mixed it into the egg of an Ape woman. The fertilized egg was then implanted in the womb of a female Anunnaki, for the required period of pregnancy. When the ‘mixed creature’ was born, Sud lifted him up and shouted: ‘I have created! My hands have made it!’”
IVF: In-vitro fertilization. Sperm and egg of the same species is fused in-vitro. The embryo is implanted in the uterus. A common method of treating infertility since the 1978 British ‘test tube baby’.
CSCT: Cross-species cell transfer (or nuclear transfer). An in-vitro fertilization in which a somatic (e.g. skin) ‘donor’ cell is fused in vitro with the ‘host’ egg of a different but similar species (but of the same genus). The embryo is implanted in the uterus of the host.
CCSCT: Cloned cross-species cell transfer. Same as CSCT except the egg is de-nucleated, resulting in a clone of the donor animal (although a small amount of DNA, in the mitochondria, always comes from the egg). This was the method employed by Advanced Cell Technology, Inc, to regenerate the recently extinct Asian Gaur using an ordinary cow as host (which died shortly after - darn!).
RDNA: Recombinant DNA. Since, in most cases, DNA cannot be transferred directly from one organism to another, in this technique a desirable DNA fragment, isolated from the animal ‘donor’ cell, is incorporated into the plasmid of a benign bacteria (the vector). The bacteria reproduces the fragment as a part of it’s own DNA, and the hybrid bacteria cells are injected back into the animal. This is currently the method of human ‘gene therapy’, but one would expect that the technique could also be used for cross-species cell transfer if the bacteria were benign to both species.
HESC: Human Embryonic Stem Cells. A human somatic cell is fused in vitro with a de-nucleated egg of a different species. “These differentiated cells began to grow as an embryo and then reverted to become embryonic stem cells, which can grow into virtually any type of tissue for transplant use”
“There are 193 species of monkeys and apes, 192 of them are covered with hair. The exception is a naked ape self-named Homo sapiens.” - Desmond Morris
Human Accelerated Regions
Found by scanning through genomic databases of multiple species, some of these highly mutated areas are thought to have contributed to the development of human neuroanatomy, language, and complex thought.
It turns out that until humans came along, HAR1 evolved extremely slowly.
The fact that HAR1 was essentially frozen in time through hundreds of millions of years indicates that it does something very important; that it then underwent abrupt revision in humans suggests that this function was significantly modified in our lineage.
Somehow, that little patch of DNA expresses an essential difference between humans and other mammals. We know two other significant facts about HAR1. First, it does not code for a protein but codes for RNA. Second, the RNA for which it codes is active in the cortex of the human embryonic brain during the second trimester of pregnancy. It is likely that the rapid evolution of HAR1 has something to do with the rapid evolution of the human brain during the last six million years. I am optimistic because I see the discovery of HAR1 as a seminal event in the history of science, marking the beginning of a new understanding of human evolution and human nature.
Determining the age of the Pumapunku complex has been a focus of researchers since the discovery of the Tiwanaku site. As noted by Andean specialist, Binghamton University Anthropology professor W. H. Isbell, a radiocarbon date was obtained by Vranich from lowermost and oldest layer of mound fill forming the Pumapunku. This layer was deposited during the first of three construction epochs and dates the initial construction of the Pumapunku at 1510 ±25 B.P. C14 (AD 440; calibrated, AD 536–600). Since the radiocarbon date came from the lowermost and oldest layer of mound fill underlying the andesite and sandstone stonework, the stonework must have been constructed sometime after 1510 ±25 B.P. C14. The excavation trenches of Vranich show that the clay, sand, and gravel fill of the Pumapunku complex lies directly on the sterile middle Pleistocene sediments. These excavation trenches also demonstrated the lack of any pre-Andean Middle Horizon cultural deposits within the area of the Tiwanaku Site adjacent to the Pumapunku complex.