It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Astronaut Theory - An ATS research Project

page: 1

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cbfd9998f605.png[/atsimg]

Ancient Astronaut Theory – An ATS Research Project

Basics of this project

Official Title: Ancient Astronaut Theory – A Plausible Theory?
Start Date: 19th, March, 2011.
Level: Level 2 Project – Lasting for an est. 2/3 Weeks in It's entirety.

Introduction

Hello once again ATS, and welcome to this research project on the topic of Ancient Astronaut Theory (from now on will be most often be referred to as 'AAT' and in some instances, the Paleocontact Theory as It's also come to be known as). To see a complete list of our set goals for this project, please scroll down the page slightly.

Now, AAT is a somewhat difficult topic to assess at times - difficult in the sense that absolute solid, hardcore facts can sometimes be hard to come by. At times speculation and wild theories instead taking "center stage." Perhaps this is a reason as to why, as a topic, AAT has vastly grown to become one of the forefront most interesting and thought provoking topics ever to be discussed on Abovetopsecret.com and far beyond.

Then again, an extortionate amount of any lack of evidence certainly doesn't seem to be present here one would find upon looking deeper into this theory thus something of a wild imagination and pure speculation certainly not seeming as though they are playing the role of a promoting factor in It's overall growth.

Oh, no, If anything, there is an extortionate amount of 'evidence' actually in favor of this theory and in favor of perhaps something potentially world shattering and extraordinary. The possibility that our entire history viewed today is viewed in almost the completely wrong way! The possibility that we are not just being visited by "strange men" from another world today - Extraterrestrials and/or Aliens if you will - but the possibility that they have been visiting us for maybe thousands of years now, maybe even shaping the type of people we have become today. Maybe, just maybe even lending a hand in our very being here in the first place.

Admittedly, It's all still just a theory, but It's a theory which, as I mentioned, is rapidly growing in power every single day and It's a theory which certainly isn't out of the question of one day becoming true scientific fact.

Thank you, I hope you decide to continue reading and I hope you enjoy following us in our journey into the world of this fascinating topic..

Goals

As I have already mentioned, true, hardcore, scientific facts are somewhat difficult to come by upon pondering over this here. It's just the nature of It really. Therefore, setting out to once and for all prove this theory correct doesn't exactly seem like a plausible goal, to me anyway. After all, many have attempted to do this before us and many more will attempt and fail in the same way in the future.

Instead, what does seem like a plausible set of goals for us is simply attempting to prove whether this theory is plausible, if so, can It likely explain a lot of what we misunderstand/or do not understand today? Again, If so, why isn't it impossible to suggest the theory is a theory no more - giving reasons of course? And so on..

In layman terms, we're not setting out to prove something here, That would be relatively pointless. We're setting out to see whether this theory is likely and or plausible - from that a valid opinion can be successfully and fairly obtained.

So, here is a small and quick "research plan" on what we are looking to discuss exactly here to reach our goals:

- To show the history of AAT - from this establish what civilizations may or may not have had "Alien contact" at some point in there existence.

- A look at ancient structures and come to a conclusion on whether Alien intervention was needed as well as whether "De-evolution" had occurred.

- Alien Mythology - What's really mythical?

- The origins of men - is there evidence to suggest alien intervention affecting man's evolution.

**This is a simple plan of sme main points of what we wish to discuss here. This being so, It will change/expand as we progress with this project**

Main Participants of this project

- Rising Against – Team Leader
- VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
- Kali74
- SlovenlyGhost

**More people are more than welcome to join if they so wish also.**
edit on 18-3-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/27/2011 by AshleyD because: Edited post upon member's request.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
For Future Reference

For future reference, I have decided to outline some interesting ATS threads and off-site websites in the hope of making research for all much easier. All below have been categorized to hopefully make easier reading also:

Some ATS threads on the subject:

- Ancient Extraterrestrials
- Part 1: Of Emperors and Sky Gods
- Part 2: Of Flying Dragons and Metallic Discs
- Part 3: Of Ancient Wars and Spacecraft
- Witchcraft and Aliens: Were Medieval Witches Actually Early Abductees?
- Ancient Anomalies and Aliens - Part 1: Art
- Aliens of Ancient China
- The Search For Life. Part 1 - Earths Extraterrestrial Past...
- Alien-gods and Atlantean warriors in Meso-American civilizations.
- Could Our Ancient Alien Sky Prove Our Ancient Alien Past?
- The Book of Enoch on Extraterrestrials
- Round 3. Skyfloating v. IsaacKoi: Ancient Astronauts
- UFO - Historical Sightings 45,000 BC - 9 BC
- Rendlesham forest, "Ancient Aliens" episode 30.12.10 and binary numbers
- Ancient aliens - Mohendro Daro - Evidence of Nuclear power centuries before we discovered Nuclear p

Documentary:

Ancient Aliens - Season 1 - 2:

Season one: Pilot - The Plot // Episode 1 - The Evidence // Episode 2 - The Visitors // Episode 3 - The Mission // Episode 4 - Closer Encounters // Episode 5 - The Return

Season two: Episode 1 - Mysterious Places // Episode 2 - Gods and Aliens // Episode 3 - Underwater Worlds // Episode 4 - Underground Aliens // Episode 5 - Aliens and the Third Reich // Episode 6 - Alien Technology // Episode 7 - Angels and Aliens // Episode 8 - Unexplained Structures // Episode 9 - Alien Devastations // Episode 10 - Alien Messengers

**All of the above are links to FULL episodes**

Various AAT websites and Off-site Links:

Anient Astronaut Society

- Ancient Skies Articles
**You may have to join this website to receive full access and when you do so, you may find some areas are offline for the time being as I have found out. It's worth checking back from time to time though as It seems more than interesting.**

Alien Astronaut Theory Website

- Large Video Collection: Ancient Astronauts
- Large Image Collection: Ancient Astronauts

I. The Ancient Astronauts (AA) Theory Revisited

- Introduction
- The AA Hypothesis in Brief
- Clues and More Clues
- The Galaxy Has Been Colonized

II. The Gods Meet Men in Prehistory

- Polar Shift and the AA Theory
- Come to Dinner!

III. The Gods as Architects

- Pyramids, Platforms, Dolmens and Mounds
- The Megalith Builders
- The Master Masons
- The Desert Artists

IV. The Technology of the Gods

- The Gods and Their Flying Machines
- Ancient Nuclear Warfare
- The Biotechnology of the Gods
- The Immortals

- Wikipedia: Ancient Astronaut Theory
**Most of the above ATS threads have great links not shown here also**

Some Well Known Faces of AAT - Past & Present:

- Carl Sagan
- Erik Von Daniken
- Giorgio A.Tsoukalos
- Dr. Johannes Fiebag
- Graham Hancock
- Robert Temple
- Zecharia Sitchin
- David H. Childress
- Charles Fort

**Just a couple which have come to mind**

Thank you for reading so far and hopefully we can now continue with this project.

edit on 18-3-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Definition: Some researchers believe that architecture, folklore, and even art from ancient civilizations show a definite link to extraterrestrials who visited earth many years ago.
Link courtesy of About.com

I agree with this above definition. And so do many others. In this research project, we set out to show whether this theory - the theory of Ancient Astronauts could in fact be plausible. A at first "out-there" seeming idea/theory - the idea/theory that we were visited by extraterrestrials thousands of years ago - but a theory which looks to be proving correct as more research and study is done.. IMO anyway.

In this post though, I'm going to provide a quick explanation into AAT, It's origins, how it's become popular and so on. I feel to truly understand something, we must discuss where it has come from and how it came to be in the position it is in today..

Ancient Astronaut Theory - "Why the sudden burst of Attention?"

[pressimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fb248ddc0976.jpg[/pressimg]Now more than ever before Ancient Astronaut Theory, with such documentaries like the "Ancient Aliens" series shown primarily on the history channel, or such books like 'Chariots of the Gods' by Erik Von Daniken (see left), It has grown tremendously to become the relatively popular, "food for thought" theory it is today (and it is still a theory).

So, I ask: why the sudden burst of attention? Perhaps It's nothing but a coincidence, perhaps an accident, or perhaps we are now at a high enough level as a species that we can actually look back at our previous self and attempt to understand there true ways of life. In this instance, recognizing that life was not as "normal" as It would seem for our Ancient peoples.

When I say not everything was seemingly not as normal as one would expect, I'm talking of course about the possibility that our Ancient men and women could have in fact been contacted, even shaped, by extraterrestrial beings. Or something to that effect.

You see, Ancient Astronaut theory says that thousands of years ago man was visited by these very same extraterrestrials - an out there idea? Perhaps. But upon looking closer, It really does seem to make a lot of sense.... Which I will hopefully show in my pending posts.

Another idea of AAT is that much of human knowledge today, such as religion for example, culture etc. etc. all came from, yet again, an extraterrestrial source. These strange beings set to be worshiped as gods as they fly down in there "Chariots" and "space boats." As one can imagine, seeing something of this effect very well may have seemed godly upon first sight, especially to a race of peoples whom were primitive in there technology and would not have seen something similar prior.

This theory spurred on by the so called gaps or anomalies in archeology and history also, the anomalies found in artwork and cave drawings that seemingly are depicting these very same types of visitations:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b25a15605e55.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d6157de7320e.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e8d3ae7ba9c2.jpg[/atsimg]

Then again, modern day Interpretation perhaps the all-too-true reason why we have turned to concluding that extraterrestrials and strange people from other worlds are the exact cause for these drawings/artworks when It could simply be something explainable, or even nothing at all.

The true cause for such "out of place" pieces and artifacts isn't really clear. But, what is clear and what we do know is these types of drawings, pieces of artwork, and the many like them, are found the world over and all seem to point to an extraterrestrial source..

Whether they do though is a different thing..

So, In the next couple of posts, I'm going to discuss some of our earliest civilizations and look at whether extraterrestrial visitation really was possible and of course plausible at some point in our history by looking at what our ancient selfs claimed, how they originated and so on.

Please keep reading (It may not be posted straight away as It's not been pre-wrote up so please check back from time to time, thanks.
)..
edit on 19-3-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
This post won't be in extreme detail, admittedly, I just want to establish a couple of points before we move into the more detailed posts from myself and some other team members of this project..

In other words, I just want to point out some things (as well as clarify why they are points for discussion in the first place) in relation to our earliest ancestors (particularly Sumerians) and how they viewed religion, mythology etc. And to question whether there stories, were really just stories..

The Sumer

Most ancient tales from our ancient selves seem to tell tales of Alien intervention in some way or another, especially the Sumerians - one of our earliest known. Such tales include beings or sky gods descending from the heavens (space) to earth in there "space boats" and in some instances mating with human women creating new bloodlines. These types of stories seem to be repeating themselves through out the ages to today in fact.

Stories of this kind, but told in a more "modern" way, are mentioned daily. So one can argue that if it can happen now, It's at least possible it happened then too. May not factual but instead, plausible.

Anyway, upon pondering over Ancient Astronaut Theory, particularly when pondering over the ancient peoples one civilization really does seem to stick out more so than any other before or after it. The Ancient Sumerians - known for there tremendous growth as a civilization and known among believers in AAT to be one of the prime candidates for evidence of visitation from an otherworldly source.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ba1cbce12ff9.jpg[/atsimg]

First off though, here's a very interesting snippet from another ATS thread that I've always found to be interesting and nothing short of pure food for thought. It seems like a nice starter point when taking a quick look at sumerians, IMHO.

The Sumerians, the people of the land of Sumer, are sometimes called the ‘sudden civilization’, and for good reason. They suddenly spawned around 4000BC in between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers, Mesopotamia. Many Biblical scholars claim this area to be the Biblical site of the ‘Garden of ED.EN’; it is regarded as the Cradle of Civilization. The Sumerians developed to become the most advanced civilization on Earth, creating incredible developments in mathematics, science, astrology, architecture and agriculture and are credited with many inventions such as the early developments of the wheel, military weaponry and cuneiform, the first writing system in the world. How did this sudden expanse in human ingenuity happen?
What I believe to be of significant importance when researching any ancient civilization is to look at the meanings of words, the definitions, the origins.

Sumer literally translates to ‘Land of the Lords of Brightness’. What possible reasoning could there to call it this? After all, the naming of a nation and one’s land held detrimental importance not only for ancient cultures but for modern day ones aswell. A logical example, whether fictional or not, would be Egypt. Egypt got its name when Noah’s son, Ham, married a woman called Egypt. Their daughter was named Egyptus, and she first discovered the land while it was still covered with water. Once the floods had receded, Egyptus settled down and named the land after her mother, Egypt. The reason that Egypt (the land) is sometimes referred to as Kemet (or Kermit) is because Egypt (the person) was black by decent, hence Kermit meaning ‘the Black land’. That’s just one logical example to put things into perspective. There has to be reasoning behind the naming of a people and their land, so who or what were these ‘lords of brightness’, and what possible importance could they hold with the people of Sumer? It’s important to note here that light has strong associations with knowledge and enlightenment; this is evident in all ancient cultures.

Now the Sumerians themselves called their land ‘the water land’. It’s interesting that a lot of Origins ‘myths’ talk about lands covered with water, leaves a lot for speculation, but that is for another time. The Sumerians referred to themselves as ùĝ saĝ gígpe which translates to ‘the big-headed people’. The reasoning behind this choice of definition could have many reasons, the people of Sumer were no different biologically to other humans of the period, so this definition, if not depicting what they actually are (being ‘big-headed’) could only be describing what they want to be OR what they are in some way connected to. Ancient Sumerian mythology carries vivid tales of wars between men and God’s, interaction between men and God’s and the transferring of knowledge between men and God’s.
- Source: The Ancients Series | Part I: Sumerians

Again, I feel I must state that nothing is seemingly proven here, a lot is left for speculation and interpretation instead. But, then again, interpretation doesn't necessarily equate to being wrong....

Here are some more basic information on our ancient Sumerians, and the origins of there religion:

The Sumerians...
- invented picture-hieroglyphs which developed into the cuneiform (wedge-shaped) script, the earliest known written language

- spoke a language which is generally regarded as unique as it is related to no known language family
built the first true city states

- developed the first known codified legal and administrative systems (with jails, courts, and administrative records)

- invented the wheel

- were astronomers who first mapped out constellations and the zodiac known later to the Greeks. The five visible planets (to the naked eye) have Sumerian names

- invented and developed number systems with both base 10 (decimal) and base 6. It became the standard number system of later civilizations and is still used today in degrees in a circle, the foot and its 12 inches and the dozen

- probably invented military formations and basic divisions of archers, infantry and cavalry

- established formal schools

- were the first to use kilns to fire clay

- developed intensive agriculture

- built high rise structures and developed the arch, buttresses, recesses, half-columns and clay nails

- had impressive medical expertise in diagnostic and surgical techniques

- developed textile and clothing industries

- had several other cultural "firsts" as well, such as the first proverbs, first library catalog, first historian and so on

Is it any wonder that these people, who came from somewhere, but nobody knows where, have aroused such interest?

And that's the key point here. The Sumerians and their civilization virtually erupted from nothing. There was nothing else like it before them and then suddenly you have a highly detailed and advanced society.
(Source)

The answer to the 'why' may well have been found in their writings, which are extensive and which cover all areas of life; from science to government records, from stories to mathematics, and from history to astronomy with everything in between.

It took a long time to decode it, but, once done, it was found to contain many references to gods and allusions to other manifestations of a highly advanced race of beings.

These beings were called the Annunaki.
(Source)

It is the contention of one of the principal scholars of Sumerian clay tablets, Zechariah Sitchin, that these Annunaki were responsible for the advanced status of Sumer.

Not only that, but they were instrumental in actually altering humanity genetically. The details are laid out clearly in his books, which I suggest you read if you are at all interested in this aspect of history.
(Source)

Actually, the major investigator of these Sumerian records is Zechariah Sitchin. He says that his work shows that many of the Biblical Stories originated from Sumeria and the activities of the Annunaki.

Further, he claims that the Annunaki were on Earth about 450,000 years ago, primarily looking for gold which was very important in their culture, and perhaps for their longevity.

Not surprisingly, such advanced beings in ships and with 'magical' technology were viewed as gods. The main person was Anu, in charge overall, probably remaining in orbit around Earth.

Beneath him were Ninhursag, Enlil (brother and sister) and Enki, as well as Marduk, Inanna and a variety of minor deities each with their own areas of responsibility.

From careful reading of the clay tablets and interpretation of the carvings on the cylinder seals found in ancient Sumer, Sitchin has pieced together a detailed history of the Annunaki.

The full story is very long and worth reading if you are at all interested in this aspect of alien intervention in human affairs. There are six books in his series titled 'The Earth Chronicles'. In them, he takes the story of the Annunaki from their origin on another planet (which has since been known as Nibiru, Planet X, Marduk and The Twelfth Planet), and tells of how they mined gold, manipulated the genes of humanity and generally altered the normal run of affairs on Earth.

For example, there is a puzzling passage in Genesis chapter 6 verse 4 which reads; "There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they; bare children unto them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown."
(Source)

Now, I'm personally not a believer in Nibiru myself, but in regards to much of the other key areas of the religion coming from Sumerians itself - whom may have adopted it from extraterrestrials, It does seem to make quite a great deal of sense, to me at least. In our pending posts we'll discuss this, as well as Nibiru, in more detail..

For now, here is an interesting snippet discussing how the Sumerian language may be around today in the form of Mongolian or Hungarian..

Here's a great post on this theory

Here's a thread on the topic.

Here's some interesting and AAT worthy artifacts from Sumeria:

Sumerian Artifacts - 53 images of..

I'll continue to discuss other ancients later on in this project also..

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
If anyone has been following this thread, then I apologize for the delay in posts and progress thus far. We have been waiting for another team member to post you see but it looks like that won't be happening anymore (as It's been quite a while now), so we'll move forward by moving onto other team members instead.

Bearing this in mind, new posts to this project should now be up very soon.

Thanks..
edit on 27-3-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

The origins of men - is there evidence to suggest alien intervention affecting man's evolution?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0518c5f6119e.jpg[/atsimg]
As shown throughout this research thread, there are numerous things taken into consideration when looking at the Ancient Astronaut Theory, such as our next topic; Did alien intervention affect man's evolution? This has been talked about throughout the Ancient Alien series and in numerous books, websites and blogs. Furthermore, I’d like everyone to keep in mind what was stated in the opening post:

Originally posted by Rising Against
Now, AAT is a somewhat difficult topic to assess at times - difficult in the sense that absolute solid, hardcore facts can sometimes be hard to come by. At times speculation and wild theories instead taking "center stage."

Here, I will briefly discuss human evolution, whether or not it could’ve been influenced by AA’s, and how it may have been done.

“Stretch your arms to their fullest extent and imagine that width as the entire history of Earth. All of complex life is in one hand, and in a single stroke with a nail file you could eradicate human history.” - From “A Short History of Nearly Everything” by Bill Bryson

Our species is an amazing thing. Look around you and observe what we are capable of, whether it is good or bad. Additionally, in the grand scheme of things we’ve done it in a tiny fraction of time as compared to the 4.5 billion year history of our planet.

• 4.5 billion year old Earth
  • 2.5 million years since the appearance of the genus Homo
  • 200,000 years since humans started looking like they do today
  • 25,000 years since Neanderthals died out

Source

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/53f8390ff0ba.jpg[/atsimg]

Biotechnology, Genetic Engineering, “designer babies”, Gene Therapy, DNA microarrays and cloning...Up until recent human history, this stuff was the work of science fiction. The possibilities (along with debate as to its ethics) are endless.

We can, and have cured diseases which can be fatal via Gene Therapy. We can create organs ready for transplant from scratch, with no worries about rejection. It is possible to even add and remove DNA.

Imagine what we could do in the near future.

Or what could’ve happened in our past.

Tales from various sources suggest that the gods possessed an advanced knowledge of biology many millennia ago:

- The Egyptian god Thoth helped Isis, the wife of Osiris, to extract from the dismembered Osiris the semen with which Isis was impregnated to bear Horus.

- “The Telleriano-Remensis and Florentine codices declare that Quetzalcoatl, as great artificer, ‘formed’ and ‘molded’ the first human beings in his image, and that only he - and no other god - ‘had a human body’.” (Baldwin, 1998).

- “Before I (the Lord) formed you (Jeremiah) in the belly I knew you; and before you came out of the womb I set you apart…” (Green, Jay, 1986, Jeremiah 1:5).

- “…‘though it is said that in truth Zeus, King of the Gods, whom you call Amen-Ra, was her father’. Seti nodded when he heard this and murmured, ‘Even as Amen-Ra was the father of Hatshepsut. Yes, the gods can indeed be the fathers of the spirits that dwell in the bodies of kings and queens’.” (Green, Roger, 1967).

- In the tale of the birth of Samson, Manoah’s wife, who was barren, was visited by “the Angel of Jehovah” who said,
“Behold now you are barren and have not borne. But you shall conceive and bear a son…(who shall be)…a Nazirite to God from the womb” (Green, Jay, 1986, Judges 13:2-14) (Nazirite: Endowed with special psychic or physical qualities to be used in God’s service).

- “The god Citlaltonac sent an ambassador to see the virgin Chimalma…The god told her that she was to conceive a son, which she did soon after…” (Fernandez, 1982).

- Concerning the birth of the Toltec god Huitzilopochtli: “…a woman called Coatlicue, who was charged with keeping clean a temple on the Cerro de Coatepec, near Tula, was sweeping the building when she saw a beautiful ball of feathers drop from the sky, and put it away in her bosom. When she had finished her work, and tried to find the feather ball, it was no longer there, it had disappeared. At that same moment she became pregnant, although she had been a widow for many years.” (Demetrio, 1983).

- In his discussion of the Sumerian story of the creation of The Adam (" the earthling") from Mesopotamian texts (clay tablets), Zecharia Sitchin (1985) writes,
“…to achieve the feat Enki suggested that a ‘being that already exists’, Ape woman, be used to create the Lulu Amelu (‘the mixed worker’) by ‘binding’ upon the less evolved beings ‘the mold of the gods’. The goddess Sud purified the ‘essence’ of a young male Anunnaki; she mixed it into the egg of an Ape woman. The fertilized egg was then implanted in the womb of a female Anunnaki, for the required period of pregnancy. When the ‘mixed creature’ was born, Sud lifted him up and shouted: ‘I have created! My hands have made it!’”

Source

One must not discount such stories as fantasy or miracles any longer, as there are scientific techniques available to us today that can make the aforementioned stories reality.

IVF: In-vitro fertilization. Sperm and egg of the same species is fused in-vitro. The embryo is implanted in the uterus. A common method of treating infertility since the 1978 British ‘test tube baby’.

CSCT: Cross-species cell transfer (or nuclear transfer). An in-vitro fertilization in which a somatic (e.g. skin) ‘donor’ cell is fused in vitro with the ‘host’ egg of a different but similar species (but of the same genus). The embryo is implanted in the uterus of the host.

CCSCT: Cloned cross-species cell transfer. Same as CSCT except the egg is de-nucleated, resulting in a clone of the donor animal (although a small amount of DNA, in the mitochondria, always comes from the egg). This was the method employed by Advanced Cell Technology, Inc, to regenerate the recently extinct Asian Gaur using an ordinary cow as host (which died shortly after - darn!).

RDNA: Recombinant DNA. Since, in most cases, DNA cannot be transferred directly from one organism to another, in this technique a desirable DNA fragment, isolated from the animal ‘donor’ cell, is incorporated into the plasmid of a benign bacteria (the vector). The bacteria reproduces the fragment as a part of it’s own DNA, and the hybrid bacteria cells are injected back into the animal. This is currently the method of human ‘gene therapy’, but one would expect that the technique could also be used for cross-species cell transfer if the bacteria were benign to both species.

HESC: Human Embryonic Stem Cells. A human somatic cell is fused in vitro with a de-nucleated egg of a different species. “These differentiated cells began to grow as an embryo and then reverted to become embryonic stem cells, which can grow into virtually any type of tissue for transplant use”

Source

“There are 193 species of monkeys and apes, 192 of them are covered with hair. The exception is a naked ape self-named Homo sapiens.” - Desmond Morris

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c8529cb1e93f.jpg[/atsimg]
Our evolution has been a fascinating thing. Over the last seven million years we have evolved from our common ancestor at such a slow rate, branching off numerous times. Our most recent stage shows something astounding, an amazingly large increase in brain size.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6cacb78b2d0f.jpg[/atsimg]
Source

What happened to justify this dramatic increase?

Natural Evolution?

"The sixth day" when man was created in God’s image? If not God, who’s religion is correct?

Or did an outside source drop us off here? Perhaps mated with our ancestors? Or better yet, play with our genetics?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bde90842b2a4.jpg[/atsimg]

Human Accelerated Regions

At this point, I’d like us to take a look at something called Human accelerated regions, which were first described in 2006. This is a part of the human genome consisting of 49 segments, and contains genes that have been consistent throughout vertebrate evolution yet have undergone remarkable changes in humans. What’s more, this used to be located in what was considered “junk” DNA.

Found by scanning through genomic databases of multiple species, some of these highly mutated areas are thought to have contributed to the development of human neuroanatomy, language, and complex thought.

Source. Bold and Underline added by me for emphasis.

As stated, there are 49 Human Accelerated Regions, but I would like to focus on just one of them; Human Accelerated Regions 1.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/29e4c2e811cd.jpg[/atsimg]

It turns out that until humans came along, HAR1 evolved extremely slowly.
The fact that HAR1 was essentially frozen in time through hundreds of millions of years indicates that it does something very important; that it then underwent abrupt revision in humans suggests that this function was significantly modified in our lineage.

Source.

Some more insight to HAR-1

Somehow, that little patch of DNA expresses an essential difference between humans and other mammals. We know two other significant facts about HAR1. First, it does not code for a protein but codes for RNA. Second, the RNA for which it codes is active in the cortex of the human embryonic brain during the second trimester of pregnancy. It is likely that the rapid evolution of HAR1 has something to do with the rapid evolution of the human brain during the last six million years. I am optimistic because I see the discovery of HAR1 as a seminal event in the history of science, marking the beginning of a new understanding of human evolution and human nature.

Source.

Now, with the discoveries of these Human Accelerated Regions along with the aforementioned diagram showing the exponentially large jump in brain size, it could be safe to assume that somehow, something got activated, played with, or altered within our genetic makeup, which in turn made us, well…us. So again I must ask:

Natural Evolution?

"The sixth day" when man was created in God’s image? If not God, who’s religion is correct?

Or did an outside source drop us off here? Perhaps mated with our ancestors? Or better yet, play with our genetics?

Are all of these possible? Sure, I suppose that they are. Millions of people think it’s religion…Millions believe its evolution…and some proponents of the AA theory believe it’s extraterrestrials. Is it or was it possible?

I’d like to think it is, or was.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b32c6de4ea9a.jpg[/atsimg]

Thank you for reading,

Juston

edit on 3/29/2011 by Juston because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/773968f282e8.jpg[/atsimg]

One of the strongest archaeological cases supporting AAT in my opinion, is Puma Punku. On the highlands of Bolivia, not far from the more famous site of Tiahuanaco lies the ruins of a temple that like many other megalithic sites, defies what we accept about the architectural capabilites of ancient humans.

Determining the age of the Pumapunku complex has been a focus of researchers since the discovery of the Tiwanaku site. As noted by Andean specialist, Binghamton University Anthropology professor W. H. Isbell,[1] a radiocarbon date was obtained by Vranich[2] from lowermost and oldest layer of mound fill forming the Pumapunku. This layer was deposited during the first of three construction epochs and dates the initial construction of the Pumapunku at 1510 ±25 B.P. C14 (AD 440; calibrated, AD 536–600). Since the radiocarbon date came from the lowermost and oldest layer of mound fill underlying the andesite and sandstone stonework, the stonework must have been constructed sometime after 1510 ±25 B.P. C14. The excavation trenches of Vranich show that the clay, sand, and gravel fill of the Pumapunku complex lies directly on the sterile middle Pleistocene sediments. These excavation trenches also demonstrated the lack of any pre-Andean Middle Horizon cultural deposits within the area of the Tiwanaku Site adjacent to the Pumapunku complex.[2]

Wikipedia

It should be noted however that the dating of the mainstream accepted dating of Puma Punku has been refuted by many archaeologists. Many believe the site is 17,000 years old. We know that radio-carbon dating is not an exact science, hopefully one day that won't be so.

One of the most fascinating aspects of this site is the fact that massive stones the builders used actually lock together like lego blocks. This to me, is a giant neon sign that points to "outside" direction. The precision required not only to create the notches and grooves but to put together these stones, the largest of which weighs 85 metric tons, is unimaginable. It has been said that to do this as precisely today, it would require lasers. Below is an illustration of how the stones at one time fit together.

Some other things to note is that these massive stones were hauled from a quarry over 90km away and across Lake Titicaca. Trees do not grow on the highlands of Bolivia, so it is not possible that they were rolled on logs. How did they get them there? It is accepted by mainstream archaeology that the builders of this temple had no form of writing. How did they create this masterpiece by todays standards without plans and without measurement? This site truly lends itself as evidence to the Ancient Astronaut Theory.

edit on 31-5-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join