It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help -- "super moon" pics and tales

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Hey, fellow ATSers. The forecast for my area (San Francisco) is rain, rain, rain, cats, dogs, and more rain. Thus, I won't be able to witness Saturday's beautiful, full "super moon." Would you please post a picture of it from where you are?

Also, for fun, I would love to hear any tales of people acting strangely or other things that might be attributed to the "super moon" (besides earthquakes, please -- that's well covered in other threads and getting my mind off of it is part of the reason I started this thread).

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
You know, this Super Moon may get so close as to get people to actually believe that chemtrails are not real...This may be the real reason for the super moon...to make people believe lies are the truth !!!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

I sure will
Maybe the forecasters could get it wrong, But on the safe side ill post a few pics for you.

Never seen a super moon before so I am hoping for a clear sky like tonight.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I have a tale that just may be related to a previous Super Moon. One of the threads on here had a post saying the last one was about 20 years ago. Right after I saw The Seventh Sign when it first came out on DVD--that night or the next--I'm pretty sure what I saw was a super moon.

I happened to be out one night after seeing that movie, walking around outside my house. And after just having seen that apocolyptic film (e.g., the moon turning red as blood), that moon freaked me out! It was HUGE, and closer than I'd ever seen the moon to be. It also looked really red. Not orange like a harvest moon, a brilliant, glowing red like the setting sun. But I knew it had to be the moon because as glowing brightly red as it was, it was in the east, at nightime.

Odd, though. Last night, I noticed the moon didn't seem to be any larger or closer than usual, yet we're now due for the super moon tomorrow.
edit on 18-3-2011 by Ariel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
well down here in new zealand im forcast for a beautiful day and night hope it stays that way all i have is a 5.1 megapixel camera don't know if it will be any good at taking photos but i will try for you and upload them when i get the chance

i have noticed that the moon when rising still is much much bigger than normal and has a different glow so well see what happes i just hope the clouds stay away for the time being

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I am really lucky today, I have a clear sky through tonight so I will get to see the moon really well. I realize tonight is not the perigee but the weather has been so terrible (constant clouds, precipitation) over the last week that I cannot hold my breath. I am located in Alberta, and I can hopefully get some shots to post... for sure tonight, and *crosses fingers* tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Yeah, good idea!
Will do as the sky in my area will be clear; the moon will be 30% brighter and 14% apparently bigger than usual.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
We got partly cloudy, got a sight on the way home, on the bike just now.

Was big and bright and beautiful!!

No pics, but take my word

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Clear skies in the North of Scotland for a change

I was planning on getting some pictures taken tonight or tomorrow, any ideas as to what would make a good point of reference to show the size of the moon?

It looks absolutely huge here at the minute!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Unfortunately a super full moon can really only mean one thing...Super Werewolves!

edit on 18-3-2011 by HojotheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
well i can certainly help you out on the tale side of it. i have nightshift tonight in the emergency department of a main hospital. to say that im not looking forward to it is a huge understatement.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
You guys are all great, and to all the future posters, too -- thanks! Officially, the moon is full tomorrow, but it's showing as 99% full now on my moon phases counter (self-confessed geek, what can I say?) So, snap away!

Highlandlad, the expert photographers say that it's helpful to get anything at all in the frame when you take pics -- buildings, people, werewolves....for a size reference. Of course, that assumes that you can snap the pic while it's at or near the horizon. If it's farther up in the sky, a UFO would do nicely.

Punterdeb, I have always heard that the emergency room is a wild place to be during a full moon. 'Hope it goes well, and interested to hear a firsthand account.

By the way, does anyone out there have a dog that howls at the moon? I've always heard about that, but wondered if it was really true. (Mine used to howl at the mailbox.)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Count me in. I have my camera ready, news channels on, internet on and eyes on the look out. Post back tomorrow.

Peace

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by punterdeb

Working in pharmacy, we always laugh at the full moon customers we get in on that particular day. I just take it as an "in shop" old wives tale but are you telling me the same goes for the emergency department in hospitals? If so that is interesting and we underestimate our beautiful mystical moon. Lucky I'm not rostered on tonight

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Me and my neighbor want to run a little experiment to see if gravity on the planet is lessened during the perigee. We were just gonna see how high we could jump, but too many variables come into play. Any ideas on how to potentially measure this?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I am at the moment in central England and although the moon looks to be its usual size it is considerably brighter than I have ever seen. It is 2am here and lighting up the sky so much that I can CLEARLY see all my garden through the window. This is with an internal light on when normally I see nothing but darkness due to the lights on inside. Very bright, very pretty can't wait until tonight as we are lucky to have clear blue sky forecast for tomorrow. Hope to get great pictures and put them on here

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I am so ready for this full moon.

The moon has always had a drawing power over me and I could look at it for hours.

Just looked at it in southeast Georgia and it is already beautiful.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
the "super moon" looks the super same to me. if its any closer than i cant tell. the clouds are off and on here in indiana and if i had a camera i would hook ya up with some pics but so far it looks like the same old moon. i was hoping itd go all super sayjin or somthing... joken

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I'll be viewing from Rhode Island USA, been waiting all week for this, i hope some good pics come out.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ariel
I have a tale that just may be related to a previous Super Moon. One of the threads on here had a post saying the last one was about 20 years ago. Right after I saw The Seventh Sign when it first came out on DVD--that night or the next--I'm pretty sure what I saw was a super moon.

I happened to be out one night after seeing that movie, walking around outside my house. And after just having seen that apocolyptic film (e.g., the moon turning red as blood), that moon freaked me out! It was HUGE, and closer than I'd ever seen the moon to be. It also looked really red. Not orange like a harvest moon, a brilliant, glowing red like the setting sun. But I knew it had to be the moon because as glowing brightly red as it was, it was in the east, at nightime.

Odd, though. Last night, I noticed the moon didn't seem to be any larger or closer than usual, yet we're now due for the super moon tomorrow.

I remember seeing that exact same moon. I was a kid at the time and was certain the moon was going to fall into the earth, and the red color freaked me out. When I first heard of tomorrows supermoon, my husband suggested perhaps that is what I saw way back when.

Tonight I was looking at the moon with one of the kiddies and made the same comment, it didn't seem to be any larger than normal. Wouldn't it be a gradual thing, meaning it should be bigger tonight if it's going to be super tomorrow?

edit: Wait is it tonight? If that's the case, it is not what I saw previously, it doesn't look different than normal.
edit on 18-3-2011 by searching4truth because: (no reason given)

No no no it's the 19th www.universetoday.com... and it's still the 18th by me.
edit on 18-3-2011 by searching4truth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join