It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: State of Emergency declared in Yemen 30 dead, 200 injured

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Breaking: State of Emergency declared in Yemen

www.abna.ir

Yemen's defense ministry announced on Friday that President Saleh made the decision following a meeting with the country's higher National Defense Council.

The announcement came shortly after pro-regime loyalists and security forces opened fire on protesters in the capital, killing at least 40 people.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
english.aljazeera.net
edit on 18-3-2011 by Skerrako because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
So as quiet as it's being kept, Yemen is slowly coming to a full revolution like Tunisia and Egypt. Where will all this lead? I'm not sure but would be glad to hear your thoughts

"There is no longer any possibility of mutual understanding with this regime and he has no choice but to surrender authority to the people," - one anti-government politician said.

www.abna.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Hmm...do they have oil?

If so maybe we can invade there too.

/end sarcasm

The world is a mess.
edit on 18-3-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
One step closer to the ole Caliphate....
Scary.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Existing thread here, thanks www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
im not big on the 2012 theory but damn things sure are ramping up as we head towards that date. and what is up with america starting another war while japan needs our services desperately. then all these other protests that are being squashed by arab countries who are our allies. damn we really must be hell bent on controlling all the oil. if they could only put that pent-up energy into a viable energy source to power america. but why be productive to the world when you can try an control it instead.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

Yea , I saw that earlier , and my first thought was why is there not a 'no-fly' zone being implemented against that country ?

I mean , after all , the US , UK , France , UN ... are all saying that the no-fly zone for Libya is to attempt to "save the people" from the evil Libyan dictator ...

And yet , here is Yemen , outright killing it's own citizens and the most I am seeing thus far are some harsh comments .

Politicians and governments are nothing but a bunch of lying bastards . They've wanted rid of Gaddafi for years now , and these 'staged' revolutions happening in that part of the world are only another part of their pre-planned agenda .

It surprises me that there aren't numerous threads on ATS pointing this out . It really does .

The majority of ATS is cheering 'the people' for finally standing up and revolting against TPTB , and I've not seen anyone other than myself who thinks it might be TPTB that are actually behind all of these FAKE , CIA-sponsored "revolutions" of the people .

I'll say it again , these uprisings are being orchestrated behind the scenes , and it aint the "people" who are bringing all of this about .

The "people" are playing right into the plan , and don't even have a clue that they are being used to further the agenda .

C'mon ATS , wake up .
edit on 18-3-2011 by ReRun because: spelling

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skerrako
"There is no longer any possibility of mutual understanding with this regime and he has no choice but to surrender authority to the people," - one anti-government politician said.

Saleh will most probably disagree and Yemen will plunge into bloody warfare. As with Egypt, the anti government protestors will only prevail if factions in the military are opposition supporters.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Existing thread here, thanks www.abovetopsecret.com...

With all due respect, this thread is about the state of emergency and it's effects, not the killings themselves. Thanks

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by teapot

I wouldn't imagine the Yemen army as siding with the citizens, I'm not even sure how much of an army they actually have. It may just be like an expanded contrywide police force

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I really hope Yemen undergoes a revolution!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

It will not come until you see ten signs before it, He made a mention of the Smoke, the Dajjal, the Beast, the Rising of the Sun from the West, the Descent of Jesus, Son of MaryPeace be upon him, the emergence of Ya'juj and Ma'juj, and Landsliding will occur in three places, One in the East, one in the West and one in Arabia at the end of which a fire would burn forth from Yemen, which would drive people to the place of their assembly.

www.inter-islam.org...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I highlighted this yemen thing bout a week ago...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

Yemen takes it's defence spending seriously. Here's some info about the Yemeni military.

www.nationmaster.com...

www.theodora.com...

Being as that Yemeni unification and the country as we know of it today, only came into being after the last Yemen civil war (1990), my actual thoughts about how unrest in Yemen differs from that of other middle eastern nations is that she is more likely to degenerate into full civil war.

top topics

join