It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can you have a car without the need of a drivers license?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I have been putting together a moped/bicycle conversion kit at home but I noticed a what people call a quadracycle. Or a bicycle with four wheels. So I know that with the engine I bought doesn't need a license because of the limited power and it's pedal assist. But would it be possible to install one of these pedal assisted moped engines on a quadracycle?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Much depends on where you live as well as gas or electric engine.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Varies state to state, but in most cases i'd say no. The state govts collect alota revenue from lisences and have made the guidlines pretty strict.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

I suppose it does. But I guess you might be able to drive one but just not on freeways. That's how it is in most states in the U.S.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
You can however you must have a license and insurance to drive it.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
You can drive any car without license/insurance. The vehicle itself doesn't even have to be street legal. But there's the caveat that you must keep it off of public roads. So if you have any vehicle that stays confined to your own private property - it's possible. Great fun for farmers and rural folk (plenty of entertainment on YouTube of them thrashing junkers), but pretty much impossible to avoid trouble with if you're in the 'burbs or city limits.

In most places, a power-assisted quadracycle is probably something you'd have to keep out of major traffic. Might also be restricted from some areas because of the engine. (Think about how some places handle use of golf-carts and similar vehicles in regards to their traffic laws. Might have more freedom with one that's pedal-power only.)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by pauljs75

I am intrested in both motorycles and pedal assist mopeds. but i get what you are saying. And about the pedal assist moped i am building, I think its having some trouble with the carburator. When I try to start the engine it seems to want to go but it only starts up for a little while then cuts of. And there is no responce from the throtle.

top topics

join