This just in Radiation Reaches California!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
Here's the natural background radiation level:

Here's the radiation level from Japan in California:

Here's the level where you should begin to be concerned:

********************************************************************************************************************* ********************************************************************************************************************* ********************************************************************************************************************* ********************************************************************************************************************* *********************************************************************************************************************

Any questions?

edit on 18-3-2011 by harrytuttle because: typo

This is Harry's first lung cancer cell: .
This is Harry's tumor six months later: ...................................................................................................................................................... ...................................................................................................................................................... ..........................................................................................

All because of one plutonium particle this big:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Hilarious guys, I know a few people who retained their mullets to this day, we call them "The Mullet Mafia".
I did find this on fish absorbing a large amount of radiation from Chernobyl:

Fish absorbed radioactive iodine very quickly but the levels decreased rapidly due to radioactive decay . Bioaccumulation of radioactive caesium along the aquatic food chain resulted in high concentrations in fish in some lakes as far away as Scandinavia and Germany. The levels of strontium-90 in fish did not lead to significant human exposure, particularly as it accumulates in bones rather than in edible parts.

From this web site: www.greenfacts.org...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
reply to post by samlf3rd

Protect yourself by hiding in the very back of your cave and not coming out for at leats 12 years. Otherwise you will die!!!!!!!

A man once said that," Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back". All anyone has to do is look at
your local on your avatar. And it's easy to laugh back at you.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
reply to post by samlf3rd

I'm 37, I live in the UK & I remember Chernobyl very, very well. I was even sporting electric blue moonboots that day.

I reserve the right to call this ere thread fear mongering.

At this point, comparing the situation to Chernobyl is so absurd that I believe anyone doing so is either completely ignorant or deliberately dishonest.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
I did find this on fish absorbing a large amount of radiation from Chernobyl:

dude, there's got to be a better way
to check for radiation than to drag out
my fishing pole and go fishing !!! lol

on 2nd thought, might not be too bad.
reminds me of that country song where
Paisley has to choose between his woman
and going fishing ........

"Well I'm gonna miss her ..... when I get home"

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Suspiria

Yes people are mistaking "iodide" with "iodine". I stocked up on water, apples, oranges, and other food for a couple of months yesterday, I think I'm going to go back and get a little more today.

Iodide / Iodine...You say potato etc etc. lol
But seriously, I didn't get none then & I sure as hell aren't likely to get none now either.
What I AM sure to get is a hot shower & a good night out at the pub. Therefore I bid all ATS'ers a good, calm adieu.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Are you saying you like fish sticks?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

You too Susperia, good discussion, didn't mean to alarm you. I just hope you are aware of out current sitaution. Cheerz

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
A man once said that," Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back".

Quoted by Maximus Meridius
"Gladiator"
starring Russell Crowe
edit on 3/18/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Have one for me lady ! Say here's to Radioactive Randy !
edit on 18-3-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Boon
I could of won some money betting on who would I.D. that line.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Chakotay

Wait, you can predict the future? Wow, impressive.

And all I can do is talk about the facts. I really suck.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Harry, i'm sorry this is very alarming to me, tell me why I shouldn't prepare "in case" something happens or gets worse?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Are you saying you like fish sticks?

only over an open flame
and very crispy

lol

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Boon
I could of won some money betting on who would I.D. that line.

lmao
dude, that was one hell of a movie
and one of my favs.

Maybe you should have put it
up on the Bookie Board???
lmao

another one of my favs was quoting
Doc Holliday from "Tombstone" (Val Kilmer)

"I'm your huckleberry"

lol

classics of film bro

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by VenomVile.6

Originally posted by schuyler

Originally posted by VenomVile.6
Yup, yup... Thats why I believe the mountains are the only thing thats going to stop the winds, and theres going to be a thick build up that will fade slowly after we get anuff....

How high is the jet stream? The sub-tropicals are 33,000-52,000 feet. Mt. Lassen, just to use a West Coast example, 10,462 feet. Mt. Whitney is the tallest mountain on the West Coast at 14,505. So do you really think the mountains are going to "stop the winds"?

Maybe not all, none the less... some particales might build up, spread out and stay for a bit.

even if its not "alot", being exposed for along while is still not healthy for anything.
and dont say it is

Back up here a sec. You SAID "mountains are the only thing thats (sic) going to stop the winds." Although I did not use the term, I pointed out that idea was ludicrous because the winds are so much higher than the mountains. Now you have come back and suggested "some particales (sic) might build up."

How, exactly? You have not shown any kind of mechanism for that to happen.

And I NEVER said prolonged exposure is healthy.

The whole idea of the West Coast being somehow "at risk" due to Japanese radiation is much ado about nothing. No one has produced ANY evidence showing you ought to take any precautions whatsoever. I know it can be kind of boring without something exciting to stir up your blood pressure, but you are under considerably more risk crossing a rural road than you are from any radiation exposure from Japan.

If you want to get your jollies over this, knock yourself out. To promote it to people who may not know any better is the sad thing. ATS: "Deny Ignorance" Well, now is the time.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Hello ATS members, I just joined but I'm a reader for a long time. Anyway lets come back to the subject, from what I see, relaying on the community driven network of radiation stations in USA, not much is coming here as of now, maybe we have to wait a little longer?

Since we move to the Tarrytown, this town is located 15 miles south from Indian Point nuclear power plant we decided, well it's time to know if there is any radiation coming from the power plant. They saying it's safe, well better to be sure then sorry. I decided to get the Geiger counter and setup it for constant monitoring, it's bean up since 2008 and so far all looks good, no radiation detected at all. From my personal observation when we have rainy days then number of CPM goes up but that to be expected. Link to monitoring station: www.aspnic.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ejecto

Wow thanks ejecto very cool link, and hard work too.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ejecto

hey thanks for the link on Indian Point.
those readings go up to high side of
about 80 cpm which is pretty good
considering their proximity.
I think we should only start worrying
when they get above 120-125 range.
So they look ok right now

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

reply to post by harrytuttle

Harry, i'm sorry this is very alarming to me, tell me why I shouldn't prepare "in case" something happens or gets worse?

By all means, prepare for the worst. I don't have a bunker or a N-B-C suit, but I have potassium iodide pills and my gear can be loaded and I evacuated at a moments notice.

That being said, everyone knows that the radiation from Japan was going to spread around the world - that's what it does. But Japan is over 5000 miles away from the West Coast of the USA, and there is absolutely no evidence that the radiation that is descending or that will descend will be any much more significant that the normal, everyday background radiation. None.

That means don't panic - don't take KI pills yet (what a bummer it would be to go through your KI pill supply BEFORE you actually needed it, right?).

But watch the web, be vigilant. Be prepared.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
By all means, prepare for the worst. I don't have a bunker or a N-B-C suit, but I have potassium iodide pills and my gear can be loaded and I evacuated at a moments notice.

That being said, everyone knows that the radiation from Japan was going to spread around the world - that's what it does. But Japan is over 5000 miles away from the West Coast of the USA, and there is absolutely no evidence that the radiation that is descending or that will descend will be any much more significant that the normal, everyday background radiation. None.

That means don't panic - don't take KI pills yet (what a bummer it would be to go through your KI pill supply BEFORE you actually needed it, right?).

But watch the web, be vigilant. Be prepared.

very sound advice and would agree
on every point you made.
have a star bro

just like you I have been expecting
to read an article somewhere where
some idiot OD'd on Potassium Iodide.
Thank God it hasn't happened yet
that I know of and hope it stays that way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join