It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This just in Radiation Reaches California!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by VenomVile.6
Yup, yup... Thats why I believe the mountains are the only thing thats going to stop the winds, and theres going to be a thick build up that will fade slowly after we get anuff....

How high is the jet stream? The sub-tropicals are 33,000-52,000 feet. Mt. Lassen, just to use a West Coast example, 10,462 feet. Mt. Whitney is the tallest mountain on the West Coast at 14,505. So do you really think the mountains are going to "stop the winds"?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

I'm 37, I live in the UK & I remember Chernobyl very, very well. I was even sporting electric blue moonboots that day.

I reserve the right to call this ere thread fear mongering.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
If you really want to know what the real time radiation levels are for the united states check out this web site www.radiationnetwork.com... they update the "RAD" levels every 5 min or so.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

You signed up for a marketing campaign? That site is registered to Sony, to promote the movie, "2012." The only think you will get from signing up is spam in your mailbox.
edit on 18-3-2011 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
reply to post by Essan

Man now I'm never eating another banana ever again. Cool info Essan! I would've never knew well as long as we don't eat 200 bananas we should be okay right?

Radiation is a part of life. It's why we have BACKGROUND readings, because it is ALWAYS there. It's being beamed to you right now from the sun, and we can mine rock from the earth that is radioactive. Those miners are given a level of radiation they can take yearly without any REAL harm (but it is always adding up). There's an "acceptable" level of radiation every year.

But, as situations like the current one get worse and worse, the threat of those radiation levels adds up. If you were at the Chernobyl reactor, you would be exposed to enough radiation for a lifetime in mere hours.

What has reached the west coast now is a billionth of that level required to cause any harm, but it's always building. Slowly that billionth becomes more and more of a real number. And if we have a significant release of radiation from Fukushima Daiichi, then that is cut even more very quickly. At this point there is no reason to show concern, just to be wary.

Be aware of what the dangers are around you, and how you have to react if that danger enhances from being out in the sun too long for 1 day, or whether you can't go outside for a week because the radiation levels in Japan have jumped 1,000X what is 'normal'. Any increase in radiation is something to take very seriously, as it can change so rapidly from becoming non life threatening to being one of the fastest things to kill you invisibly.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by shagula

Thank you Shagula! Educated and well thought response.

In my original post (I didn't change the title) I wrote: "this stuff has to be in the jet stream" and people said I was fear mongering.
This is what is worrying me:
The reactor is sitting in the ocean where marine life will be devastated, people will be devastated, and there are no trees to capture any of the particles-not until they get to the west coast of America at least.

Chernobyl is at the forefront of Europe, the radiation had to travel over mountains, through trees, the Pacific and it still ended up in ordinary milk in New York City.

Now that you made me put some thought into it people, we may be at risk of something dramatic here.
In that sense with no friction in its path the radiation should show up in milk in Chernobyl.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
ok, I've decided to open up
Boondock's Bookie Board

Ladies and Gentlemen
step right up and place your bets

Board Odds:
Obama stays out of the country til radiation trace amounts are gone
1 - 1 (even money)

Obama does NOT stay out of the country til radiation trace amounts are gone
100 - 1 (longshot)

on a serious note:
what I find highly suspicious is that those radiation monitoring
sites that were passed around for us to keep track of
the incoming radiation plumes have not changed.
If they have not changed, then how can they determine
what is existing radiation and radiation from Japan ???
Riddle me that Batman ???

It's almost as if those sites were handed out
to keep us calm to show us low numbers
no matter what the real radiation levels were.
Maybe we've been duped by Big Brother .... again !!!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BigDuke6

Cool link BIGDUKE6, I'll have to add this one to the list to check every day, n3kl.org, and such.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The best way to reduce your radiation exposure is to cut back on the number of bananas you eat this week.

You guys are the laughing stock of the world

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Yes hilarious, I made a joke about the bananas, it wasn't literal. You could've added something scientific to our conversation as to how we may protect ourselves in that instance, or something of the nature.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
You think bananas are bad, just take an airplane flight cross the country. You pick up in 5 hours the same amount of radiation you would pick up all year long if you stayed on the ground. Frequent flyers actually have a real issue here.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Are there any animals that are more susceptible to radiation levels than others? Can we look out for a particular species to be impacted by slight raises in levels?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Board Odds:
Obama stays out of the country til radiation trace amounts are gone
1 - 1 (even money)

That's going to be a very ong time. Several years at least after the end of the universe ......

You do realise there is quite a lot of backgroud radiation we're all exposed to every day, let alone smoking and car fumes etc. The small increase from Japan is like smoking another cigarette this year. Or eating 2 bananas. Before 2014.

In fact some folk in the USA probably live with more backgorund radiation every day than those 30 miles from the Fukushima reactors are experiencing right now!

Then again, maybe that explains a lot .....

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Originally posted by VenomVile.6
Yup, yup... Thats why I believe the mountains are the only thing thats going to stop the winds, and theres going to be a thick build up that will fade slowly after we get anuff....

How high is the jet stream? The sub-tropicals are 33,000-52,000 feet. Mt. Lassen, just to use a West Coast example, 10,462 feet. Mt. Whitney is the tallest mountain on the West Coast at 14,505. So do you really think the mountains are going to "stop the winds"?

Maybe not all, none the less... some particales might build up, spread out and stay for a bit.

even if its not "alot", being exposed for along while is still not healthy for anything.
and dont say it is

edit on 18-3-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: add

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Protect yourself by hiding in the very back of your cave and not coming out for at leats 12 years. Otherwise you will die!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
reply to post by schuyler

Are there any animals that are more susceptible to radiation levels than others? Can we look out for a particular species to be impacted by slight raises in levels?

don't know if it is true or not
but I do remember in the Hollywood movie
"K-19" about the Soviet Submarine that had
a radiation leak. There was one sailor who had
a mouse in a cage, and the mouse died.
Maybe rodents ????

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

There we go with some content, you're right I live in Indiana near Michigan City, and Michigan which has numerous locations. Wow, look what a few earthquakes could do to humanity.

I think I am alarmed, but I feel that if I get a little information on how to prepare (in case) of an even, I would feel better. And I would feel better knowing that all Americans and people of all nations at least seek some type of preparedness.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Protect yourself by hiding in the very back of your cave and not coming out for at leats 12 years. Otherwise you will die!!!!!!!

You're adding nothing to the discussion and just trying to wind people up. I also don't believe there is a problem, but I'm staying open-minded and respectful to others.

Now kindly go to your room while the adults finish talking.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

I'm 37, I live in the UK & I remember Chernobyl very, very well. I was even sporting electric blue moonboots that day.

I reserve the right to call this ere thread fear mongering.

You think you had problems?

I remember sporting a mullet around that time.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lozzo
You think you had problems?
I remember sporting a mullet around that time.

hey, I had a mullet then too
but it didn't help any
my redneck still shown through.
lmao

but I do think this crisis has woke
a bunch of people up to their surroundings
which they were not attuned before.
So maybe it's a step in the right direction
of a one consciousness .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>