It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This just in Radiation Reaches California!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

So I guess that your story is to make it okay for others to be exposed??

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Dont forget about red wine and red meat as well

very helpfull

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by onyx718

ONYX, well that is the way I feel, I don't believe the explosion didn't send particles into the jet stream, pacific winds, or any other warm/cold front. Funny just trying to help out is all, maybe I'll keep the next thread to myself. A lot of negativity here.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Hey, Samlf3rd, I Totally Agree, There Are Even Endangered Animals Over There...... This WILL Make A Huge Impact On Alot Of Things. Especially The Japanese Lives. (having to move to another country and all to stay alive and not get poisoned.)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Yes more than likely some of it made it up there, if I had to bet on it.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

funny thing about beliefes, they're not always true. Not trying to be negative at all, just point out the way you word things leaves it wide open to be interpreted as worst case scenario. You personally might believe that it's in the jet stream but if you cannot provide 100% infallible proof that it is, the fact that it's also likely it's not can't be dismissed

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

No,you keep doing what you do. Its not FEAR MONGERING. Those who are to blind not to prepare for threats,man made,or mother earth made,are the ones that hope nothing bad can come of this.Unfortunately,seeing those in charge crying,because they have no clue on how to stop this,is the biggest telling sign yet.Being prepared for anything,is just that.

Star and Flag

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by onyx718

Well I adjusted my opening thesis so there shouldn't be any more confusion. I do believe it's safe to say we will other areas (probably in the mountains that they find higher amounts as the winds push into the Rocky Mountains.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Exactly Sonny1, I have a "bail bag" in my garage that I have had for years with all the essentials in case of something dramatic. And, I have been adding a lot to it. Shoot I even signed up at the Human Continuity web site:
Human Continuity Lotto

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Reported at about, literally, a billion times less than could cause a health problem.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Sh*t... Since cali is lined with mountains wont the winds stop at them?
And wont it build up by them?

Oh well if we get sick and die, let it be.

To suffer, VenomVile.6

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Reported at about, literally, a billion times less than could cause a health problem.

Well,those reports are today's reports. If they cant contain this,you might hear of a billions times more.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Sonny1 man you must play chess like me, people are thinking linear-what the news tells them. The news if filtered people!
Here is where people are going wrong-Radiation levels are going higher and higher, do you think that radiation is from todays wind? Fudge no-that is 2 day old wind (if it wasn't the jet stream), so just wait in 3 days we may see more widespread readings. There aren't any trees or anything to stop the particles all the way along the whole ocean, so yes it will can worse even though radiation levels are billions of times below "recommended" levels.Recommended? I tell you what I recommend zero not a little because we have no choice, be prepared-just in case, so you don't have to run around at the last second in congest traffic if an emergency strikes in an area where you.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Yup, yup... Thats why I believe the mountains are the only thing thats going to stop the winds, and theres going to be a thick build up that will fade slowly after we get anuff....

Just a thouhgt...?
edit on 18-3-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: add

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Well brother,Im not doom and gloom,more of a realist. You really can never rely on rumor-mongering/fear-mongering. Have Japanese officials,Plant officials,been honest? I mean really honest? I personally dont think so. You look at those pictures of Reactor 4,and see a GAPING hole. You cant tell me the radiation is contained. That being said,You have to prepare. There is nothing wrong trusting your gut instinct. Many people have survived serious situations,when they've prepared. I feel very sorry for those affected by this. Its going to get worse,if they dont contain this. THAT IS A FACT. So why not prepare,for the situation of them not CONTAINING THIS?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

And bananas! Bananas are all radioactive

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Too bad you couldn't put a billion asterisks in your post, which is the difference in the leves we've seen and where it starts to get statistically significant. Star for you.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The point isn't that the radiation levels are low enough to not cause HARM, but the fact that there is any radiation streaming across the ocean, with a disaster that is getting worse, and worse, and worse is definitely worth watching out for...

It's a warning, it's to be prepared. Because what happens IF Fukushima goes, if they cannot contain it, all the spent fuel pools dry up, crack, light on fire and release radiation on par with Chernobyl into the air?

This is becoming VERY, very real. They have admitted today that they haven't been entirely truthful with what information is released. How are we supposed to know just how much will really make it into our borders? Noone knows, that's why we HAVE to keep an eye on it.

The situation, as admitted by even Japanese authorities, is NOT looking good. They are going to last ditch efforts to contain massive releases of radiation. This is just the start, it will build up more and more.

We just need to be prepared and keep an eye on things, and know when you should properly have to take action to avoid the west coast or pop your iodine pills. This isn't fear mongering (unless the title was changed), as it reads that radiation HAS reached the west coast from Fukushima.

And this is verified... so how is this fear mongering, if all facts have been represented? There was never an a display that it would be even close to damaging to US residents, but still of concern. But the Japanese government HAS admitted it will only get worse.
edit on 18-3-2011 by shagula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Man now I'm never eating another banana ever again. Cool info Essan! I would've never knew well as long as we don't eat 200 bananas we should be okay right?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join