It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This just in Radiation Reaches California!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
CNN.com
This stuff has (could very well) to be in the jetstream. Will post more as it comes.
Trace amounts have been detected in California
edit on 18-3-2011 by samlf3rd because: Complaints about opening statement.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Are You Serious??

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 123AWESOME123

Yes, but like they said it's nothing to worry about.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Here come the reports of iodine overdose.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Yes, local news is confirming this. However, they are still claiming that by the time it actually reaches the coast, it will have been diluted to the point of being no risk to health. Nil, is the word used. Take it as you will, I guess.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd

So why sensationalise it with the "Look out everybody?"

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Yes people are mistaking "iodide" with "iodine". I stocked up on water, apples, oranges, and other food for a couple of months yesterday, I think I'm going to go back and get a little more today.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Didn't they say on the news a week ago that the radiation had no chance of reaching the U.S.? NWO. Boy i's tells ya!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Well believe what you want but it will go everywhere, not just fall into the ocean. And when the "heavy metals" fall in the ocean there will be havoc on the waters and sea life. There is still dinosaur sneeze and particles from Chernobyl floating around. Like I said don't buy it.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Here's the natural background radiation level:

Here's the radiation level from Japan in California:

Here's the level where you should begin to be concerned:

********************************************************************************************************************* ********************************************************************************************************************* ********************************************************************************************************************* ********************************************************************************************************************* *********************************************************************************************************************

Any questions?

edit on 18-3-2011 by harrytuttle because: typo

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

No way can I leave. I don't even know if I want to know. Just absolutly confused.
Even if this was coming in lethal doses? I couldn't run. And that's the thing. Not knowing if it will reach that point and how soon.
edit on 18-3-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

I think threads like these work out well because they spark the newest information. That's what I'm here for.
edit on 18-3-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
They've been reporting TRACE levels of radiation for at least 3 hours. This shouldn't come as a surprise ... radiation was detected on the west coast after Chernobyl and after N. Korea tested their nukes.

This thread is fear-mongering.
edit on 18-3-2011 by dvrt10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Unfortunately, the same was said to many Japanese citizens before...you know, the ones who they now say are going to die... Still though, in this case, probably right, it will be pretty low once reaching CA....

Wonder what this means for others in Japan, who thought they were far enough away from the affected cities....(including a friend of mine there). Of course, I've advised him to get the heck out.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Here's where I'm concerned:

How ironic that some of you aren't affected by this notion. This is going to have such an impact on our ecology, and food chain. And now if that volcano blows, hey I'm just saying.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

exacactly, the ! in the title also makes it seem more urgent and end of the worldish than it actually is as well really.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dvrt10

I don't want to portray "fear mongering" I would call it be a little prepared is all.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

also the jet stream is not the only source of wind that can carry this so I would be very cautious in your wording that this stuff HAS to be in the jetstream

and by no means am i saying that people should not be monitoring the situation and doing whatever preparations they feel they need to do to make themselves feel comfortable. But i don't think its time to go full out panic apocalypse frenzy and start making snap judgements
edit on 18-3-2011 by onyx718 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I was in northern Europe when the Chernobyl distater took place. I was exposed to the massive radiation cloud as well as the contaminated food supply. As you can see, I'm still alive and kicking with all 11 fingers and toes intact.

link   

I think the worst case scenario hasnt happened yet. People are always going to jump the gun. That being said,Kudos to those who have prepared for situations like this. Wait till the Japanese economy takes a really sharp dive,that foreign nations cant help them bail out of. Nothing wrong with buying extra food,a few pills,etc.... Whats the worse that can happen? You have extra food,and a few pills in the old medicine cabinet,along with the rest of the other pills,and meds you dont take all the time?

link   
Yeah, it just HAS to be in the jetstream. It MUST! There is no way it could have decayed over the ocean and dispersed. The readings on geiger counters on the west coast indicating normal levels even now must be wrong!

/end sarcasm

Headline reads as "Japan quake live blog: ---->>> Small amount

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join