It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

74 percent of Americans don't want to get involved with Libya

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
How easily we slide into war .. here we go again .. another country to murder ... why..? becuase there is OIL there ..
How obvious the reasons .. and yet nobody can do anything about it ..

Get the UN in your pocket .. get all the cronies and yes men to say YES ... and you have your ultimatum issued to Libya .. or else military action .. that means another war ...

All this happens with so much ease .. nobody has the balls to stand up against the US actions around the globe ... these are the actions of a bully ...
We all know what happens to bullys in the long run ..

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Don't forget Shell. Dutch Oil has a major interest in the outcome of this as well.

They'll be on Libya like ticks and fleas.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
If it was the other way round and americans needed help would you want someone helping you?

Dont matter if a certain % of america dont want to get involved at the end of the day these people need someones help otherwise matey gaddafi (how ever you spell his name) will carry on being a little *astard

Just think if it was your family that had been killed by this man who apparently is meant to be your leader.

sorry had a bad day at work with people not helping each other out and on a very low level its the same thing its been winding me up for a while now everyone being selfish!

Rant over.
sorry again

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Don't forget Shell. Dutch Oil has a major interest in the outcome of this as well. They'll be on Libya like ticks and fleas.

This has to be about the oil....especially if Qaddafi is cutting off western ties there. There is huge economic interest for this for all of Europe....and the to the US as well since we are all tied together economically.

It seems to me this is why it's happening...it sure as hell isn't for "freedom" of the people of Libya.
edit on 18-3-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

Don't forget Shell. Dutch Oil has a major interest in the outcome of this as well. They'll be on Libya like ticks and fleas.

This has to be about the oil....especially if Qaddafi is cutting off western ties there. There is huge economic interest for this for all of Europe....and the to the US as well since we are all tied together economically.

It seems to me this is why it's happening...it sure as hell isn't for "freedom" of the people of Libya.
Are you sure it isn't for freedom?

You think freedom is just some people talkin'? Our freedoms were earned with blood.
edit on 18-3-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Are you sure it isn't for freedom?

You think freedom is just some people talkin'? Our freedoms were earned with blood.

The people in that country may be fighting for freedom...but that has nothing to do with why we are interfering.
edit on 18-3-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

There are some people who do really care about the plight of the Libyan people.

There are a number of different interests and influences at work here. Some good and some bad. Its very gray.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Hey, it's not that we don't like Libya.

It's just that we're still going out with Afghanistan right now.

And sometimes, when we've had a little too much to drink, we call up Iraq late at night and cry.

It's complicated.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Yes, there is more of a reason than saving the people of Libya. If this wasn't the case the UN would be establishing no fly zones all over the other hot spots around the world. Hell, Darfur never got one.

With that being said, I hate anybody who shoot up innocent people. Let the bombs fly all over his home.

Viva Reagan

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

With that being said, I hate anybody who shoot up innocent people. Let the bombs fly all over his home.

I agree jam....just don't want to see us sucked into another conflict. The other Arab nations or any other could do this....just don't know why we even have to stick a toe in the door. Qaddafi can burn in hell...and will eventually for what he has done too innocent people.

Just find it hard to believe they are going to drop a few bombs and leave....and even if they do it will likely leave Libya in chaos.

On a side note: Someone I know, who just came back from a tour in Afghanistan just got a one day notice for leave but is not allowed to say where....which is most likely Libya.

They are moving quick it looks like.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

with all the posibilities of Egypt and Tunisia becoming positive social and economic forces, the Lybian dictator is a fly in the ointment.

he must go, he's a negative influence on both the Middle East and Africa.

just hope Turkey stops objecting to finishing this mess with their romantic view of diplomacy.

removing the dictator should be the task of the UK, France and Italy, who have the most to lose from the continuation of this uprising.

just the displaced people problem is enough to warrant the military cost.
lets just get it over with.

the Lybian people will be better of with the Egyptians and Tunisians, in forging a common future.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Its strange that russia isnt sending any military forces to back gaddafi and show the finger to america as well.
I guess they dont want to be called the aggressors like they were called back in 2008.

I think russia and china are waiting for the right moment.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Yes, there is more of a reason than saving the people of Libya. If this wasn't the case the UN would be establishing no fly zones all over the other hot spots around the world. Hell, Darfur never got one.

Viva Reagan

So your supporting the terrorists, CIA Agents who came earlier in east Libya, thats a bit shocking
Its a well know fact that CIA Agents Were already in east libya even before Feb 17.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
please watch:-

Gaddafi: Our Best Enemy

synopsis

Gaddafi-Our Best Enemy HDTV XviD-W4F

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join