It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Private Space Race will (hopfully) begin July 27

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Not that there will be any X-Prize attempts on that particular day, but the X-Prize Foundation issued a media alert that said "several key announcments will be made on July 27"

here is the source www.space.com...

According to the X Prize Foundation press statement today, “representatives from major teams including Burt Rutan from the American Scaled Composites team and Brian Feeney from the Canadian da Vinci Project team will be present”.

I really hope Feeney and his team beat Scaled Composites cuz that would make my frickin day
GO CANADA GO!!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Scaled Composites is the clear leader in the x-prize race. Everyone eles is playing catch up to them. I would like to see a close race but I doubt it the smart moneys on Scaled Composite

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I think ShadowXIX is right about winning the prize. But more important is finding the cheapest most dependable method of launch. I hope even if the prize is won some of the better contenders continue their attempts to privately access space.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank
I think ShadowXIX is right about winning the prize. But more important is finding the cheapest most dependable method of launch. I hope even if the prize is won some of the better contenders continue their attempts to privately access space.

Yeah I know its a long shot that Scaled will lose, BUT the Toronto Based team only spent $ 500,000.00 in hard cash and about $ 3 mil in donated time, engineering and materials. Alot cheaper than Scaled Composits doncha think

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Even if Scaled Composites gets there first it does not mean that the other teams are out of luck. If they can make a better product for less they will get all the deals even though they were not first into space. 10 million is a nice prize but the contracts you could get from selling your own craft will be worth far more. I would love to see all the teams get into space. Space travel should not be a goverment only game

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Even if Scaled Composites gets there first it does not mean that the other teams are out of luck. If they can make a better product for less they will get all the deals even though they were not first into space. 10 million is a nice prize but the contracts you could get from selling your own craft will be worth far more. I would love to see all the teams get into space. Space travel should not be a goverment only game

I Agree with you, BTW heres some info I hope is not true.
This guy calls it Stuntship One.
Dissing SS1 and Rutan

new topics

top topics

join