It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need analysis of these alleged SOHO anomalies ~March 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Hi all !

Longtime lurker and fan of the forums; I'm in need of extra sets of eyes and hands right now.

A series of videos going up on Youtube the last few days has caught my attention despite all of the chaos going on around the world. They are alleged recent images from the SOHO observatory that show what appears to be a massive object transiting the sensors.

I'm aware that the SOHO cameras can record artifacts and glitches due to cosmic rays and other factors, and that the planets regularly transit across the FOV and are sometimes visible in animations. I've never seen a SOHO anomaly like this. What object is this?

Screen 2011-03-10 09:39:27

The channel owner claims that images from 3-11-2011 to 3-14-2011 and others are missing or 'blocked out' from the SOHO archives. I've been unable to verify this completely. There are about a half dozen recent additional videos on his channel; I'm very curious about these images on this video @ ~3:00 and ~8:00 timeframe.

As a small aside, I'm not particularly religious and take no claim or opinion regarding the channel owner's interpretation of what he's found--provided of course this isn't a really pretty photoshop job.

I don't think many people have seen these yet, the other SOHO artifacts I've dug up don't seem to compare.

I'm not an astronomer, but I've enough of a caveman's grasp that I simply couldn't dismiss these with a wave of the hand...

Thoughts?

edit on 18-3-2011 by Chambered because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2011 by Chambered because: embedded image not playing well with others

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I've noticed that anomaly appearing on a few member posts here on ATS over that week or so.

Very interesting video although I'm not so sure about his conclusions.

It certainly looks like somethings up there though.

Oh and welcome to ATS

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS chambered. Good first post! keep up the good work

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Unless I'm terribly mistaken, that image is from STEREO Behind, not SOHO, and shows the planet Venus next to the sun (as seen from STEREO Behind's perspective).

new topics

top topics

join