It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stopped by LAPD the other day..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonseeker
your basic unwarranted "walking while black"

I think you nailed it, probably exacerbated by the trench coat choice in apparel. I'm pretty sure trench coats are on the "you might be a terrorist if..." lists being dished out to alphabet agencies and police departments post 9/11. There's also the chance that an employee of the sporting goods store called in about a "suspicious looking black man in a trench coat" perusing the firearms dept. of the store. Such a call could lead to the type of four-officer "random stop" you describe as well.

As to the Hagler synchronicity, it might just be the universe's way of telling you to actively pursue a role you were meant to play.

edit on 3/18/11 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Some very odd stuff there for sure!

As far as the cop thing, I had another idea. Perhaps some bigot employee at Big-5 called the cops and said "there is some scary looking gang banger in a trench coat looking at guns" and then they tracked you down. I don't know your area at all but I wouldn't doubt that situation being possible.

Kind of related and kind of not, but what is the deal with crazy homeless guys and boxers?

A few years back I was at a Fred Myer (I think Kroger down where you live?) and some crazy homeless guy comes up to me and starts asking me about my boxing match at a boxing club in Montana from 03. At first I'm just like no, wrong guy, etc, but he keeps pushing the point. I'm not going to say my actual name, but he used a very common nickname for my real name when talking to me. I eventually just played along because I was a little tipsy and knew this guy wasn't going to believe it wasn't me.

Later that night me and my buddies were joking around about it, when I realized I was actually in Montana in 03, for the first and only time, visiting relatives. I know I wasn't in any boxing match, but perhaps the guy saw me there, and for some reason related my face to some boxing match he saw there? Still doesn't explain why he called me by a very common nickname. Coincidence is very odd some times.... but maybe this homeless dude has seen you walking around before and thinks he is your buddy or something. Who knows. And like someone else mentioned, if you look like some boxer, and the homeless dude was a boxing fan, it would be odd, but not too unthinkable that he would talk to you about it.

BTW, if you are trying to keep your secret actor identity from people here on ATS, I'd edit out the name of the boxer you look like. Because if that movie ends up getting made with you as the star, it would be quite easy to google the movie and figure out who you are

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonseeker

Maybe the guy who looked homeless was really an undercover cop who was giving the uniformed
cops more time to try and ascertain who you really are??

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Synchronicity....not exactly a random happening, as one other poster has said, "its the universe winking at you."

Thing is, sounded like something out of the Matrix....you may have been receiving a message by all those things falling into line. You say you are an actor...cool job...but you are no different than any of us out here that are eeking out a place in this world and all of us get "messages" from time to time. Listen to your gut...follow your bliss...and break a leg in your performance in your next film.

Stay away from the cops...dudes are negative energy...

edit on 18-3-2011 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I appreciate the responses everyone..I went to noho station, told the desk cop the whole story, he was polite but laughed out loud about my being tracked from beverly hills to noho. he also related a story from his time on the street when they stopped a guy with a trench coat and he DID have a weapon. basically what i expected to hear. in any case, I'm glad I went, if for no other reason than to let LE know that I'm smart enough to put the pieces together, if they WERE tracking me. gonna just let it go. and to that poster that thought the crazy guy was an UC..that crossed my mind, but, no way to know. if he was, he's good, I'll give him that

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

.I went to noho station,

Phew, I'm glad you got out in one piece, I saw that meeting going all sorts of bad ways.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Apparently they're making a film about the boxer marvin hagler(who I look like)...

A guy, white, 30's, looking somewhat homeless, approached me, looked me right in the eyes, and started talking to me about Marvin Hagler.
If you can separate the homeless incident from the police stop, I'd say, if you look like Hagler enough to have a chance at a part, it's not unheard of that some mentally unstable homeless person might mistake you for Hagler, or at least be on the ball enough to be reminded of Hagler when he saw you.

*shrug*

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012
You're lucky to be alive. LAPD typically shoots first then asks questions later consider yourself lucky. Next time, keep a sharper lookout for those thugs and avoid them like the plague that they are.

This is absolutely not true. These days, LAPD are among th best in the world.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Here''s my take on the situation, op.

The 'homeless man' was a cop. Portland police do it quite often. Once you recognize it you can pick it out fairly easily. They are the ones who are too clean to be homeless, and who go VERY over the top in the 'homeless' act.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

The 'homeless man' was a cop. Portland police do it quite often. Once you recognize it you can pick it out fairly easily. They are the ones who are too clean to be homeless, and who go VERY over the top in the 'homeless' act.

Do you have any proof of this!?!?!?!

I ask not because I doubt you, but because walking around downtown and what not with my friends, I have swore up and down that a few homeless people were cops. I've had one go absolutely bonkers and try to get me to sell him weed, I don't ever look like a hippy or a drug dealer (at least I don't think so) They laughed it off and said I was crazy.

I would love to prove them otherwise.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Do you have any proof of this!?!?!?!

I ask not because I doubt you, but because walking around downtown and what not with my friends, I have swore up and down that a few homeless people were cops. I've had one go absolutely bonkers and try to get me to sell him weed, I don't ever look like a hippy or a drug dealer (at least I don't think so) They laughed it off and said I was crazy.

I would love to prove them otherwise.

Proof, as in an article? No. Proof as in I know multiple officers who have confirmed it? Yup.

They do it quite often with prostitution stings as well. One cop dressed as the hooker, and a very proper looking "pimp" somewhere near by. The 'pimp' is actually just backup.

My guess is when the OP disconnected with the 'homeless man' before he was able to tell for sure if the op was carrying, the 'homeless man' radioed in the uniforms.

edit on 19-3-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Synchronicity, when the universe winks at you. Same sort of thing happens to me on a regular basis. I hear a word and read it in the next sentence--that sort of thing. It appears most often when I'm in a contemplative mood. I don't think you are being watched by cops. The universe is trying to tell you to pay attention and is giving you little hints.

hello, just off topic for a sec. You said this happens to you regularly? how regular. It happens to me probably an average of 4 to 6 times a month for several days (im sure there are more times I just dont notice). I always figured it like I guess I was more aware of the word (or subject) therefore I noticed it more, but sometimes its just flat out weird and there is no way that word or subject should come up more than once.

Since its happened so much over the years I can't even specifically recall a word right now (if I thought about it more I might) ..but its not just words, it can be sequences of events too, not like deja vu though.

ETA: You are the first person I have seen who experiences this also, most people I have told over the years either don't know what I mean OR they think they do (but they don't realize the extent of the coincidences) and dismiss it.

Is the brain just so weird that this is normal or what?
edit on 19-3-2011 by bitbytebit because: more

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Sounds like it could have come right out of the film "They Live". Except it didn't, of course. Very strange...
edit on 3/19/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: Except it didn't, of course.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The thing with the homeless guy wouldn't have been so weird if he hadn't mentioned the Hagler thing, because, like I posted, I'd just had the conversation with my agent just 2 hours before, and in the nearly 17 years I've been living in L.A. no one has ever said to me that I look like Hagler. I DO, but that's not the point. that's why I thought I might have a tail, starting from when I went into that store and looked at shotguns. I mean, the chances of that kind of synchronicity..lol. and, I'm a pretty metaphysical dude(reiki practitioner, a little psychic), and I have a hard time swallowing this one.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
hey all. final nugget of info on this. I'm currently staying at a rooming house here, and,last week, one of our housemates went "missing". he disappears, car on the street, his employers can't find him, his voicemail box was full and his cell wouldn't take any more messages. guy has a fulltime job as a paralegal, and wasn't planning on going out of town, based on conversations I had with him the day before he disappeared(still hasn't come back as of this post). So, we're all kind of worried, and, finally, after 6 days, I head back to NOHO station to file a missing person's report. I give them his info, cell#, lic. plate from his car, etc. they check to see if he's in custody and he isn't. LAPD didn't know of him in any way, and they took the report seriously. I was there about 30 mins answering a lot of questions about him. So, I finish, and I'm walking home, the station isn't far, bout 10-12 minutes, and I get a call from the officer that took the report. He says the following: "we know where he is. we're not allowed to tell you where he is, but he's safe. he may come back to get his car, etc". that was it.

could this get any stranger? what the # is going on around here? How could they not know anything about this guy, then 10 mins later have the 411 when he's not in custody? and is there a connection to what happened with the events in my OP?
edit on 29-3-2011 by dragonseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Man! You've got some interesting times going on there. Stay safe.

Also, I'm a writer. If you want to work this craziness up into a screenplay, U2U me. There's a tight little conspiracy/scifi thriller in here. I'm thinking "Walking While Black" would be a good spec script title to build buzz.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by RobertAntonWeishaupt

Also, I'm a writer. If you want to work this craziness up into a screenplay, U2U me. There's a tight little conspiracy/scifi thriller in here. I'm thinking "Walking While Black" would be a good spec script title to build buzz.

hehe, thanks, but I'm a writer too. I can write my own script, not a bad idea at all to be honest..

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I think as soon as you speak to a police officer it becomes consensual questioning, I think that's the case in the UK. As soon as you enter into verbal communication the questioning somehow becomes consensual.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by RobertAntonWeishaupt

hehe, thanks, but I'm a writer too. I can write my own script, not a bad idea at all to be honest..

Run with it, man.
I know I'd watch it.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Interesting day, to be sure! I would guess that your resemblance to the Hagler fellow was reason enough for the guy to approach you. However, the timing is a bit of a coincidence, and I have long said that I don't believe in coincidence. The bit with the cops? Weirder, still. Sure, it could have been just the trench coat. However, right after you actually looked at guns? Seems far more likely that, at the least, someone in the store thought you had a gun, and hid it under the coat. Did you happen to notice any nervous-looking patrons around when you were inspecting the shotguns? Someone a little overboard suspicious, with a cell phone, could have called the cops with your description. That's the most likely thing I can think of. The timing of the other bit still bugs me a little, though. Maybe nothing. Feels like more than nothing, though.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join