It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elderly patients left to die in hospital six miles from Japan's stricken nuclear power plant

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Really is this what we as huimans come to that we would ignore the elderly and just look after ourselves?? I think that it is sick that they would leave the elderly there here is the source

newsonjapan.com...
edit on 18-3-2011 by jaycen420 because: link didnt work

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jaycen420

I truly believe that this article makes me more angry than just about anything I have ever heard! How dare they leave those poor souls there to die! If it were me in that situation, I believe I would want someone to at least try to get me somewhere else... even if I did not survive the trip, at least I would know in my heart that someone cared enough to try to help me.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ShelbyHunter

Thats what i was thinking. Imagine what the elder patients family is thinking. Do they even know that their grandparents were left behind??

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Absolutely disgusting, thanks for sharing. It's heart breaking and really brings the Japanese government down a few notches in my book.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

This makes me wonder if/when the families find out about just where their elderly are, (if any of the elders' families survived) and just who left them there (if any of those people survived also) just what can be done lawfully to count them as murderers?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Extremely sad. 1 always considers how the elderly would be look after during these types of situations.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Ya thats what im thinking too. I think the workers should be held accountable considering they would be held accountable if something happened to them while they are in the care of the elderly home/hospital. I can see them trying to say they just panicked and left. I hope they get charged for it.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Knee jerk reactions..

I'm sure people love to get angry over a story where almost no details were given.

How do we know that the medical staff weren't forced out?

Not everything is black and white.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
Knee jerk reactions..

I'm sure people love to get angry over a story where almost no details were given.

How do we know that the medical staff weren't forced out?

Not everything is black and white.

So that would make it ok if the staff got forced out and left the patients...either way they were left behind. it doesnt matter what happened to the staff if they fled or forced out. the patients should not have been left behind!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Personally I'd die before I left an elder to die in a situation like that.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

If you're a doctor in a country where there are many injured and sick people due to natural disaster..

Are you going to spend your life on a few patients.. or move to a safe location where you can save hundreds and eventually thousands?

It's a completely logical question, and it's more than just "I got scared sir, I couldn't do anything but run!"

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I think the full story with pictures, (from the link in the OP) potrays an even more dramatic picture of this sad situation:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 3/18/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Not everything is right or wrong in these situations..
Sometimes tough decisions have to be made, not everyone can be saved.
It's easy to sit there in your chair, and judge this situation to which you have not been placed in, but just try imagining being there.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

I understand what you are saying, but I would probably die trying to take care of those that were in need of my assistance at the time. I know it takes all kinds and no one would be able to know exactly what they would do in any situation because unless one was there they actually do not know what they would do. But for me... I'd try to save the older folks because they were completely helpless. Just in my humble opinion.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I'd like to believe I would too..

But I don't know how I would handle a situation like that, honestly.. And no one can say for certain unless they have been put there.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Fright and terror does strange things to even those who believe they know what they would do in any bad situation. Fright will take over and make you do things you would not otherwise do. I respect your answer and your comments. You are probably right, but I would like to think I was better than that... ya know? It is hard not to judge another while watching from a safe place.

Thank you for your imput Miraj.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
That's horrible, and complete tourture as the radiation is not going to be an instant kill, how sad. It tells a different story other then people being civil and not looting. There's always two sides to a story. God Bless them and may a hero find them.
edit on 18-3-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I have been in scary situations before and I have tried to help those out who could not help themselves. This is deplorable!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
It surprises me that this would happen in Japan, as they generally hold their elderly in high esteem. It is difficult to say though, how exactly the abandonment came about. We really need more details.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Ya that was the one i wanted to post but it kept re-directing it somewhere else. thanks or getting that one up

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join