It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Finally admit leak will kill people...head of plant breaks down in tears

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I think its time to pray, and hope they hold it off, long enough to deal with the rods. Because this is already a big disaster, but if chain reacts with mox fuel and PU which is fission, it will be bad. So many are risking their lives, basically will needs miracles themselves, as does Japan and the world. I don't want their risking it all to be in vain, their suits don't match the rays at all.

Its the spent fuel rods that are so worriesome theres over 11 000 of them and they were housed in those pools with the standard flimsy roofs.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie
reply to post by WJjeeper

How about spewing radiation out for 200 years. California has never had any kind of problem even close to this. Cher played the part of the women in the 3 Mile Island Event and she was killed for telling. Every American needs to go rent that movie. I am glad you feel very secure and trust what you hear, But Radiation can kill years later when it is too late to do anything about it. The government knows this just like at 3 Mile Island.

Silkwood wasn't about Three Mile Island, but it was about radioactive contamination of the workers at Kerr-McGee.

"Silkwood is a 1983 American drama film directed by Mike Nichols. The screenplay by Nora Ephron and Alice Arlen was inspired by the true-life story of Karen Silkwood, who died in a suspicious car accident while investigating alleged wrongdoing at the Kerr-McGee plutonium plant where she worked."

www.pbs.org...

link   
I say that we move the entire 127,560,000 people out of Japan and give them Half of the North West Territories. It will be as big as the are used to and only boost Canada's population up to 161,300,000 people. Far less than the United States. I don't trust that island anymore, I think that mother nature wants her land back and these people deserve safety.
edit on 18/3/2011 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by RickyD

Because a nuclear power plant can withstand not only an earthquake but also a tsunami because in this day and age, we can magically conjure up a ideas on how to make stuff fortified from nature and no mistakes happen right? You make it seem as though it's easy to have predicted this before hand. If it was so easy, where were you being so vocal about recommending a better way they make that plant more 'damage proof' when it was being built?

You watch it because you worry out of fear some radiation is going to head on over your way and make your life a little bit uncomfortable. The media is beefing the entire situation up to make it seem like people are going to become a little uncomfortable all across the globe due to this, that it's going to affect the whole world, just so they can get their ratings. Did Chernobyl kill off the entire globe due to that ever so harmful radioactive cloud that swept wherever it went? Life is still thriving and will continue to. The Japanese do not need a camera shoved up their ass and in their shelters while they try to fix it. With a camera on them at all times, they get nervous and are prone to not doing a few things because the MASS consciousness thinks they can do better when in fact they only think they can, they actually can't.

If the media gets out, they can work more freely without being pushed into a corner by the mass consciousness while they expect them to work magic to fix the situation.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneLife
reply to post by RickyD

Because a nuclear power plant can withstand not only an earthquake but also a tsunami because in this day and age, we can magically conjure up a ideas on how to make stuff fortified from nature and no mistakes happen right? You make it seem as though it's easy to have predicted this before hand. If it was so easy, where were you being so vocal about recommending a better way they make that plant more 'damage proof' when it was being built?

You watch it because you worry out of fear some radiation is going to head on over your way and make your life a little bit uncomfortable. The media is beefing the entire situation up to make it seem like people are going to become a little uncomfortable all across the globe due to this, that it's going to affect the whole world, just so they can get their ratings. Did Chernobyl kill off the entire globe due to that ever so harmful radioactive cloud that swept wherever it went? Life is still thriving and will continue to. The Japanese do not need a camera shoved up their ass and in their shelters while they try to fix it. With a camera on them at all times, they get nervous and are prone to not doing a few things because the MASS consciousness thinks they can do better when in fact they only think they can, they actually can't.

If the media gets out, they can work more freely without being pushed into a corner by the mass consciousness while they expect them to work magic to fix the situation.
\

To your first point...It shouldn't have been built there at all it's just a bad idea as are any of the ones built in places like it enough said on that! A little radiation
you must be joking 4 reactors demolished and leaking lot's of radiation isn't a little he isn't crying over a little. He is crying because he knows just how much it was! It will be in the ocean to go all around the world not just what's in the air. If it wasn't for all the attention given do you think he would have come clean or just swept it under the rug like TEPCO has been doing before this happened? They did falsify safety reports...how do you feel about that? I don't care about what the Mass consciousness thinks but I do care more about the worlds nuclear experts and they're solutions! They didn't even accept help till what was it day 2 or 3. The media has nothing to do with they're carelessness or in ability to warn they're own people. Not to mention the media has been playing this down the whole time anyway. I'm done with your points it's obvious you have no clue and IMHO seem like a troll on to the next topic!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OneLife

i couldn't agree with you more on this post

this is such a tragedy i hope and pray that they can fix this mess and the people who are in there fighting trying to stop it for getting worse and don't die in vain my thoughts and prayers are with the people of japan

KIA KAHA
be strong
japan

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Lansky

yes, because of it's altitude it gets more background radiation than other places

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Lansky

i asked that in the main japan thread and from memory they said its because denvers so high so the radiation levels are higher or something or maby they lingered longer but again thats from memory

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by XelNaga

The cement will flash. It will never harden and will be like gravel because of the extreme heat around the reactor. It will still leak though the flashed cement. This is a very bad idea. It will also build up trapped gases by dumping cement on it, and will explode the flashed cement . So your back to square one with even more damage to the building and reactor, the reactors have to cool first. This is what there trying do, cool everything but the now the pond is dry for the spent rods also. Using cement is no better than dumping gravel on it.

We can only hope that power is restored for some working pumps. This can be done by some very large ship turbines to provide the power. That is how new york was restored to power when it went black. This is there only option left. I would suggest they start finding a ship that can provide that amount of power to restore the plant board operations and power some large pumps. That is the only way the reactors are going to be cooled. Then you pour cement. I hope the line power they establsihed works and keeps working. They should have a ship with large turbines as back up. you run the line a mile out to sea to the ship if you have to.

edit on 18-3-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RickyD

Bra, all you want to hear is fear. The media IS adding to it because they're getting in the way for the government and others to cleanup while the world moans and complains about something that cannot be undone. If they did falsify the safety documents, it should only be worried about AFTER it's under control. You act as though it should have never happened and can't get over that simple fact. It happened, nothing that happened can be undo and frankly, I don't believe in coincidences as I don't believe life to be random.

If all the media didn't have their cameras in their and reporters making it seem so much worse then it is just to get more views (which is more money BTW because lots of people watching) then you wouldn't even be complaining. There is no time to blame nor make up maps about how nuclear fallout is going to float on over to America and make out life hell. Are we still not sitting, breathing, and alive right now at this very moment? Are the populace in Japan alright? No! They have camera pointed at their every move and any mistake, literally any little wrong thing, and there's outrage. They have cameras in their shelters bothering the people trying to rest and get their heads back on straight.

All you want to hear is fear fear fear. I used to at one point as well and from time to time and still do bits at a time but I use it to learn rather then drool at the TV and tear apart every statement and turn it into something fearful. What happened cannot be undone and the media does not need to be there. The world will continue to spin, we will not drop dead. I do wish the Japanese my best though having to put up with a lot of people's desire for fear and cameras watching their every move. How many ratings would the media get if they didn't beef up the story and showed the good parts?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSparrowSings
I say that we move the entire 127,560,000 people out of Japan and give them Half of the North West Territories. It will be as big as the are used to and only boost Canada's population up to 161,300,000 people. Far less than the United States. I don't trust that island anymore, I think that mother nature wants her land back and these people deserve safety.
edit on 18/3/2011 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

Just invite them here in Canada. And of course elsewhere too. We don't have enough homes, ,at 33 million, but we could help, and motel rooms. Yurt villages could be raised quickly. I dont think the northwest territories will appeal. Most of us live to the south, and are warmer than many Russians. Really. Just put another plate on the table.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Worldwide.

I can tell you . Nuclear Power Plants Worldwide for every plant in history- 4, Wind power Turbines 7, Oil, In the thousands for sure. That the official count I read this week in WS

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OneLife

I'm in VA for now hangin with the fam. I'm not scared I have plenty of time to get outta the way...I'm already lined up to fly to upstate NY if it gets bad. I try not to let fear run my decisions but I do try to be prepared for the worst so when something better happens it will be a welcome surprise. I do feel that a lot of this could have been avoided by telling the truth days ago many people in Japan would be in a better situation due to having the best info on hand you can't refute that no matter how hard you scream Media fear mongering. I also feel because of a serious over looking of how unsafe that region is that it could have been avoided and you can't refute that either. So you can keep repeating yourself it won't matter to me.

ETA: I also stopped watching the news on like day 3 so I haven't provided them with any ratings
edit on 18-3-2011 by RickyD because: :p

edit on 18-3-2011 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

I don't consider the Daily Mail a reliable source. They always seem to blow things out of proportion to sell more news, but if this is true, this is beyond sad.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
wait...I have a question....throughout this whole thing hasn't the media been saying that the majority of the explosions have damaged the building but has the left the "containment" chamber intact? From these pics, I clearly see the green crane.....where are the "containment" measures? If the side of that building is blown out and that reactor its like 50 feet down from the crane....with no cooling fluid...isn't that exposed..and if the rest of them are built the same way..how many reactors are there? 4?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
The word LIE is not true! They just had a massive tsunami hit their homeland and kill nearly 12000 people! The country is in shock and that includes the government. Dont forget governments are made of human beings too!!! They simply were trying to be as optimistic as possible in the face of extreme adversity and now it has gone past denial to realisation of the true scale and effect of the disater. THIS IS PROBABLY THE SINGLE WORST NATURAL DISASTER TO HIT THE HUMAN RACE IN THE LAST CENTURY AT LEAST! Its just that the true scale and effect is taking a while to properly measure and sink in. These people need our help not YOUR UNDUE CRITICISM!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneLife
reply to post by RickyD

Actually,I would have been very vocal on building ANY Nuclear Power plants on an Island,where Volcanoes,and Earthquakes,and Tsunamis are of the Norm.

It seems that their are a number of Japanese citizens who actively have voiced protest on building Nuclear Reactors on the Island, since 1975,and in the rest of the world.

CNIC was established in 1975 in Tokyo

Stop RokkashoStop Rokkasho

The proposed Kaminoseki Nuclear Power Plant is to be built on landfill in a national park in Japan's well-known and picturesque Inland Sea. For three decades, local residents, fishermen, and environmental activists have opposed the plant. The Inland Sea has been the site of intense seismic activity, yet the utility involved continues with its plans.

It is,and will always be unsafe to build Reactors,on major fault lines,or near them.If you do decide to build in these areas,you are taking a chance. Its really common sense,but unfortunately MONEY/GREED gets in the way of things. The rest of the world needs to know the what ifs,and question the Japanese Government,and company's that run these reactors.Those same company's have lied,and been caught in lies already. MSM doesnt have a clue on whats really going on,because TEPCO has been unwilling to be open about it.They are being fed "information" from the very source unwilling to give any.You also speak of Chernobyl. You do know that there is still problems with that Nuclear incident also,right? Please stop being ignorant on the whole thing,and calling out those who are concerned.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RickyD

And if they did that the ones sitting comfortably behind their TVs would be rattling their pitchforks ready to shove them up the asses of the Japanese and all others. It's a lose/lose situation. I'm just trying to get the point across because I've been in a similar place and definitely know the difference between talking the talk and actually walking it. You have the whole world watching you and it took what? 5 days for the boss of the plant to come outright and say there's a problem. With the average person sitting comfortably in life, it takes them much, much longer to admit their mistakes and to own up to wrong doings. And that's to what? 1 person? At most an auditorium of people? The guy admitted after 5 days to millions, literal millions of people that there's a problem and they acknowledged it was theirs. That takes ALOT of strength beyond belief and me being so defensive to this subject is because of that.

How long is it going to take the government of the US to own up to their wrong doings? To their own problems they could have done better? It's been YEARS and they haven't owned up to it. It seems their slowly easing up to it, but they never came out right direct. The boss of the plant did it in 5 days in front of millions. To me, that gave me a lot of respect to that guy and yet he gets criticized for actually coming out and stating it. People are nearly never happy with the result. That's all that I wanted to get across. He doesn't deserve slack from people as they watch TV then turn it off going back to their daily lives of comfortability while many others suffer at this disaster.

It's a lose/lose situation for them but they owned up to it. It took 5 days to own up. How long has it tooken the US to own up to 9/11 and the many other events around the world? And he stills gets ridiculed.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kathael

Originally posted by kathael
Yeah, I had just post this on another thread... terribly sad. WTF took them so long? Saving face is a terrible excuse..

Yeah, it's not like they had a severe Earthquake, Tsunami, and rescue efforts all over the area to attend to as well.

Oh, wait a minute.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Japan Will Recover

My prays and thoughts are with Japa.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join