It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Finally admit leak will kill people...head of plant breaks down in tears

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Before you give all these guys too much sympathy.. it is known that safety reports were falsified on these plants along with plenty of other corruption.

edit on 18-3-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: grammar

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

Originally posted by PoorFool
At least they care. Unlike our leaders.

If they cared, they would have done their jobs before the event occurred, and they would have told the truth from the beginning instead of lying and obfuscating.

They are completely worthless in those positions now. They have proven their ineptitude, and need to be replaced by an international organization of experts who actually know what to do.

Time to bring in the big boys.
edit on 18-3-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)
This isn't a pissing contest. People are losing their lives. Solidarity is what matters right now. We can blame afterwards. This is a horrible situation. I feel bad for everybody even the TEPCO people that might have not done the best job in preventing this. Right now they're all very strained and there's no doubt in my mind they're doing their best to cool thigns down and then button everything up with a thick layer of cement.

I have to wonder why they don't just c ake the thing in cement now. How much is cooling going to help? And how many people are goign to get radiation doses that kill them in the process? I hope they know what they'r doing. They probably do and they have a bunch of willing people to help them anyway. What a mess. This is sad. If we had all known this before it happened...
edit on 18-3-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
Before you give all these guys too much sympathy.. it is known that safety reports was falsified on these plants along with plenty of other corruption.

Excellent point. I noted this as did many others in several key posts. How the hell does ANY level of misinformation and corruption occur at a nuclear power plant. TEPCO management are idiots and their uselessness is and was prevalent during this debacle. The IAEA members should all be fired. massive failure on their part. Head should roll. save the tears for another day.

brill
edit on 18-3-2011 by brill because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2011 by brill because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by onyx718

Im not. I would probably punch someone in the face if I were dealing with a crisis and they were hovering over me asking "whats going on? Tell me all the details.!"

The only person I want to punch in the face is the next person that tells me that nuclear power is "safe" and I get to punch them twice if they are a politician!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Courage of the Fukushima fifty: This is suicide, admit workers...

Heart-breaking. Imagine if it was your own dad or wife or mom that was working to cool things down. They're real heroes giving their life to help. I hope TEPCO values the sacrifice.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

You are also ranting about how you could have done better and .............................you are full of crap.

Just like the guy chanting "entomb entomb entomb." You think just getting the things in place you need to do your job properly is easy in Japan right now? You guys are magically minded morons. All the equipment and material has to get there. You dont just twinkle your nose and its all right where you need it.

You guys have so little idea what you are talking about that you have unrealistic expectations about what can be done.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The reason they give for not concreting them is here:-

'They (reactors) are kind of like a coffee maker. If you leave it on the heat, they boil dry and then they crack,' he said. 'Putting concrete on that wouldn't help keep your coffee maker safe. But eventually, yes, you could build a concrete shield and be done with it.' And Yukiya Amano, the head of the U.N.'s International Atomic Energy Agency said workers were in a 'race against the clock' to cool the reactor. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

From the dailymail article www.dailymail.co.uk...

So looks as though there is not going to be an 'easy get out' clause for them -

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

Nothing is safe. Feel better?

Because that is the truth. Nothing is safe. You can walk out door this after noon and get hit by a car. You are going to die, and no one can prevent that. You can try to control the world all you want......................and you are still going to die.

# happens. No one can protect you from every eventuality. All people can do is make their best judgments based on what we know, and lets face it, human beings really dont know that much.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
This isn't a pissing contest. People are losing their lives.

Strawman. Non Sequitur.

People are loosing their lives BECAUSE these people didn't do their jobs. That's not blame. That's a fact.

These same people have ADMITTED that they are overwhelmed and basically incapable of fixing the situation.

I'm stating the OBVIOUS conclusion that it is now time for these people to be removed from their positions, be replaced by a complete international organization of experts, and use these former employees to provide what ever information the new group needs to know when they ask for it.

Don't make it out to be anything more or less than that.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

You are also ranting about how you could have done better and .............................you are full of crap.

Just like the guy chanting "entomb entomb entomb." You think just getting the things in place you need to do your job properly is easy in Japan right now? You guys are magically minded morons. All the equipment and material has to get there. You dont just twinkle your nose and its all right where you need it.

You guys have so little idea what you are talking about that you have unrealistic expectations about what can be done.
The reason people are saying entomb entomb entomb is because we're worried whether trying to cool things down is the best choice? Maybe it's. I have no idea! Maybe you're right and it will require time to move equipment in and that's why they're trying to cool things down, but if it gets too hot to pour cement then WTH are we going to do? Does anybody know what the correct emergency response is at this point?

The people who're sacrificing themselves are dying trying to cool this. Does TEPCO have htem in mind first and foremost or are they hoping to preserve some of hte plant later? I just hope that they have people in mind first and that if we have to bury it then bury it don't hesitate.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
If anyone needs a temp place to stay and can or have made it to the U.S. then you and yours are welcome to stay in our home in TN.

This breaks my heart. My American cousin and his family lived there until a few days ago.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

reply to

No one says it is an EASY task now... WE KNOW it is a HUGE disaster now!

This should of been taken care of BEFORE *All the equipment and material has to get there. You dont just twinkle your nose and its all right where you need it.*
EVEN NEEDED TO BE their.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

This isn't a pissing contest. People are losing their lives.

Strawman. Non Sequitur.

People are loosing their lives BECAUSE these people didn't do their jobs. That's not blame. That's a fact.

These same people have ADMITTED that they are overwhelmed and basically incapable of fixing the situation.

I'm stating the OBVIOUS conclusion that it is now time for these people to be removed from their positions, be replaced by a complete international organization of experts, and use these former employees to provide what ever information the new group needs to know when they ask for it.

Don't make it out to be anything more or less than that.
You don't get it. The very people we need to work with to solve this are the people you want to blame. We have to work with them until things are resolved THEN we can start blaming. That's how I see this. Solidarity, at least temporarily. And no matter how stupid the people at TEPCO are they didn't want this to happen. They're probbably crying their brains out right now and or just working so hard there's no time to think.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

So you think it is a "good" idea to place emergency backup diesel generators BETWEEN the ocean and the nuclear power plants?

You think it's now a "crap" idea to have placed those generators in a safer place away from the zone for a direct impact from a Tsunami?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
With all these things - hindsight is a wonderful thing - it is unprecendented for the disasters that have struck Japan, I challenge other countries to have coped as well as they have with everything that has gone on

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bachrk
If anyone needs a temp place to stay and can or have made it to the U.S. then you and yours are welcome to stay in our home in TN.

Their are million of homeless people in the USA
i'm sure you could invite them for help//
I love this *YOU CAN COME STAY WITH ME*
BS when you know NO ONE IN JAPAN is
going to be able or probably even WANT to stay with you..
If it makes you feel better..

This is about a HUGE COVER UP the Japanese Government
is responsible for you see that guy crying? He has money,
he will be fine, but the people your saying that can stay in your house
are either dead already or in a Japanese shelter.

THANKS BUT NO THANKS!
edit on 18-3-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

link   

They're probbably crying their brains out right now and or just working so hard there's no time to think.

Trust me when I say, those are *not* the people you want to depend on in a disaster at this level of magnitude.

Have you ever tried to solve a complex puzzle whilst you are "crying your brains out"?

link   

I believe if you are going to build a Nuclear Reactor,on an Island that is susceptible to Earthquakes,Volcanoes,Tsunamis,you BETTER build them to withstand double the force of what your so called experts believe they can withstand. I think the Japanese people realize now,thats what needs to be done.Its too bad the tragedy,has to be the wake up call for them. Theres lots of tears,from the entire world,pouring out on this one.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

They're probbably crying their brains out right now and or just working so hard there's no time to think.

Trust me when I say, those are *not* the people you want to depend on in a disaster at this level of magnitude.

Have you ever tried to solve a complex puzzle whilst you are "crying your brains out"?
I don't have to repeat myself. Come on.

I'm glad me or you isn't over there. I'm sure they have competent people working on it. Even here in the US the EPA doesn't throw themselves on the bad guys. They know they can't just put people out of business. A business that's bankrupt and out of luck can't clean up its mess.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackcat99
With all these things - hindsight is a wonderful thing - it is unprecendented for the disasters that have struck Japan, I challenge other countries to have coped as well as they have with everything that has gone on

Their job was to prepare for the unprecedented disaster. There are many reasons why they failed at that - and that is why they are having total emotional breakdowns right now and have admitted that they are totally overwhelmed right now.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join