It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Finally admit leak will kill people...head of plant breaks down in tears

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
Very sad for japan, i love those people. I'm gonna have to adopt a few even though I don't have much space.

Angelina? Is that you?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by JRCrowley

Originally posted by sallamy
At least the Japanese haven't lost their sence of humer and might I add some people here really need to watch this to understand what is going on.

We need to watch a cartoon to know what's going on? Are you being serious? This is one of the most stupid and deluded ideas I have seen thus far in regard to the situation in Japan. You just cannot be serious.

This is a cartoon playing down the most serious nuclear accident in history. And it's still ongoing! Those who sit there pompously saying this is nothing as bad as Chernobyl are completely stupid or are being intellectually dishonest. Chernobyl was one reactor. This is multiple reactors WHICH HAD SPENT RODS SITTING IN A POOL ABOVE THEM AND THE TOPS OF THE REACTORS BLEW OFF IN MULTIPLE EXPLOSIONS.

We are being lied to. LIED TO.

To those of you who think this video is funny and shows the true sentiment of the average Japanese, did it ever occur to you that the video might have been made by public relations dept. employees of the Tokyo Electric Power Company?

Get a grip. "Deny ignorance" is a lost cause around ATS these days.
edit on 19-3-2011 by JRCrowley because: (no reason given)

Use your brain . USE YOUR BRAIN FOR ONE SECOND. ASK YOURSELF WHO IS THE TARGET AUDIENCE FOR THIS CARTOON. You will now look like a complete idiot.
edit on 19-3-2011 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I believe we need to rethink our Nuclear areas. Most are in the East Coast of the USA because we are in an area that isn't known to have major events.

I think you can all see that sometimes things occur that you never accounted for.

We need to push forward new energies that can not destroy life, air, soil and so on.

People need to stand together and we need to change the way we live our lives.

All I can say is God bless this Planet and all that reside on her

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This has to be no doubt the worst natural disaster in history, it breaks my heart to see the pictures of all the damage and pain on the people's faces..I will keep them in my prayers.

Something has to be done, it sucks that there really is nothing to do but evacuate and quarentine.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by JRCrowley

Calm down man.
What's going on as in what the Japanese people being told by the government.
Got it now?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by EL1A5
This has to be no doubt the worst natural disaster in history, it breaks my heart to see the pictures of all the damage and pain on the people's faces..I will keep them in my prayers.

Something has to be done, it sucks that there really is nothing to do but evacuate and quarentine.

The worst natural disaster?

What on earth is the media trying to do?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
"not a man made disaster"...

Who in their right mind would build nuclear reactors on the most active part of the "ring of fire" where not 2 but 3 plates collide known for its tremendous earthquakes in the first place and then put their only back-up generators down at sea-level in the basements to be washed away by a tsunami!

THIS IS THE KIND OF PLANNING AND PREPAREDNESS YOU GET FROM WHAT IS SUPPOSE TO BE THE MOST TECHNOLOGY ADVANCED ON EARTH? They probably have better backup plans in Mexico! Why didn't they have a better backup of the backups like they wish they had now? Why wasn't this "new" cable connecting the plant to the electric grid already in place and ready to be switched on when they needed it on the day this happened and not a week later after the full-blown meltdowns already occurred. They certainly should know that Nuke plants go critical within 24-48 hours of a station blackout as these did!

Look closely at the aerial views of this site - there is a huge amount of unused land with trees all in the background on the safe inland side of the plant where it is "high and dry" and clearly unaffected by the event and yet they choose to place their operating facilities and backup generators down on the sea-level side of the plant which was all destroyed - that is just plain stupid!

In addition, this "man-made" disaster didn't just happen "out-of-blue" - they've been warned repeatedly over the years of the inherent risks of operating these out-dated 1st generation 40-year old reactors and still they did absolutely nothing to prepare and prevent these meltdowns from happening. The Japanese government and operators of this plant deserve to burn in Hell which is exactly what is happening to them right now with all the radioactive fallout they are spewing all over themselves and the world - Plutonium named after Pluto the Roman God of the Underworld!

And just like with Chernobyl, they should draw a permanent exclusion zone around Japan and bury all their reactors in a thick layer of concrete - don't forget they still have 50 more of these ticking time-bombs around the country just waiting to go off next and you think they're any more prepared for when something happens to those than they were this time fighting a nuclear meltdown with squirt guns. The Japanese have proven beyond a doubt that they are incapable of managing nuclear power and they should have all their Nuke plants closed and taken away from them before it happens again...

www.japannuclear.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
That is so sad. There are people there who have done and are still doing whatever they can think of, to lesson this disaster. That is still something. I can't even begin to imagine how overwhelmed they must be with the multiple disasters ongoing (earthquake/tsunami and the nuclear reactors) it really is just beyond imagining...
edit on 18-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

It is heartbreaking to see the emotional breakdown of these people. The Japanese are such a proud race and they are feeling responsible when in reality they are blameless in this disaster. I saw one man break down when he was saying how he lost his whole family and I just wanted to reach through the TV screen and hold him. The only light right now within this disaster is that we see that we are really only one race, the human race, living on this little blue planet and we really need and care about each other.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by onyx718
reply to post by IamAbeliever

hahahaha are you kidding me? The Japanese are notoriously isolationist and tight lipped.

Yeah, that's what i'm sayin too. This is how women get away with so much in the world. It apparantly works for men too, who would have known? Just shed some tears and play the victim and you can blow up the world and somehow "I" had something to do with that? I never agreed to nuclear 'anything' nor oil. The elites are to blame and the people who actually do this stuff. We humans are hardly "all" to blame. The ones who can "actually" do something are the blame, not those who are "told" their vote counts from the lying lips of political venomous snakes. Well men, let's get started with the waterworks and let's see if we can get us a government subsidized organization like Feminism so that we can get everything in life fed to us on a baby spoon as well. It worked for this Japanese guy.
edit on 19-3-2011 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by theghosthunter
reply to post by inthemass

Yes, definitely buy a counter. You're going to need it, it's now essential for everyone that lives in California.

That is probably not true. The levels they are expecting are only slightly higher than what you get everyday just going outside in the sun. You have more exposure if you take a flight from Ca to NY. You get more if you work in front of a computer screen all day. Again I implore folks to not make a bad situation worse by inventing things to be afraid of. All of the experts are saying not to worry about the levels and the cities of the west coast are monitoring the situation with their own detectors so buying your own geiger counter is probably not necessary. They are also warning people of the dangers of self medicating with potassium iodide as this could cause other medical issues and side effects. I would say pay attention to the news, keep informed but dont panic.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by binomialtheorem
We should all be ashamed of ourselves, yes me included. Why does mother nature have to step in for us humans to give compassion for one another?

But isn't it great that when we have to be compassionate we are! It may take a disaster to bring it out in some people. Shame for them yes but it is nice to know that it is there lurking beneath the surface and that we are capable of bringing it to the fore in times like these. Hey this is when we need it most anyway and when we need it the most it is heartwarming to know that it is there. Yeah, for the human race!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew

Originally posted by JRCrowley

Originally posted by sallamy
At least the Japanese haven't lost their sence of humer and might I add some people here really need to watch this to understand what is going on.

We need to watch a cartoon to know what's going on? Are you being serious? This is one of the most stupid and deluded ideas I have seen thus far in regard to the situation in Japan. You just cannot be serious.

This is a cartoon playing down the most serious nuclear accident in history. And it's still ongoing! Those who sit there pompously saying this is nothing as bad as Chernobyl are completely stupid or are being intellectually dishonest. Chernobyl was one reactor. This is multiple reactors WHICH HAD SPENT RODS SITTING IN A POOL ABOVE THEM AND THE TOPS OF THE REACTORS BLEW OFF IN MULTIPLE EXPLOSIONS.

We are being lied to. LIED TO.

To those of you who think this video is funny and shows the true sentiment of the average Japanese, did it ever occur to you that the video might have been made by public relations dept. employees of the Tokyo Electric Power Company?

Get a grip. "Deny ignorance" is a lost cause around ATS these days.

Use your brain . USE YOUR BRAIN FOR ONE SECOND. ASK YOURSELF WHO IS THE TARGET AUDIENCE FOR THIS CARTOON. You will now look like a complete idiot.
edit on 19-3-2011 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

I think you are a little uninformed my friend. The tops didnt blow off four reactors. The pool for the stored rods is a very serious situation and could rival chernoble in scope down the line. The damage from Chernoble was not really known until a few years later when the children started getting cancer. This may be a problem in Japan too BUT it is certainly not as dire a situation as you want to make it out to be. If what you are saying was true there would be a much much greater amount of radioactive material in the air right now and the figures just are not bearing that out.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Originally posted by theghosthunter
reply to post by inthemass

Yes, definitely buy a counter. You're going to need it, it's now essential for everyone that lives in California.

That is probably not true. The levels they are expecting are only slightly higher than what you get everyday just going outside in the sun. You have more exposure if you take a flight from Ca to NY. You get more if you work in front of a computer screen all day. Again I implore folks to not make a bad situation worse by inventing things to be afraid of. All of the experts are saying not to worry about the levels and the cities of the west coast are monitoring the situation with their own detectors so buying your own geiger counter is probably not necessary. They are also warning people of the dangers of self medicating with potassium iodide as this could cause other medical issues and side effects. I would say pay attention to the news, keep informed but dont panic.

Yes, that's nice. I heard that on the news myself, although, I wasn't so quick to bite. For the very fact that it was the news said it.....was all the more reason to worry. The news is controlled...they lie even when the truth sounds better. So don't believe this stuff people. If it is on the news and you depend on it to save your lives. You may just find that the news is a very good tool for the illuminati to depopulate the world. If you put your faith in the news when it comes to instances like this....you will soon join those who have passed on for doing the same. Historically, the media has always lied and you will pay with your life if you believe what they say because they are there to cover up the plans of the Illuminati.
edit on 19-3-2011 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
Now that is a picture that you don't want to see!

I am angry at GE for selling this reactor and telling everybody it is safe. The moment this accident occurred we were again told by multiple industry and goverment sources how "safe" nuclear energy is and how it is an "important part of our energy future". Outrageous if you ask me! We have known nuke power was dangerous from the beginning and, in its relatively short history, we have a number of serious accidents that threaten humanity and the world.

What will it take to stop these arrogant greedy bastards from killing or maiming humanity?! Nuclear power IS NOT SAFE! Look at that man's face of shame and grief.

I had to tell my small child there was no danger to him this morning thanks to GE! Fact is I am not completely sure if that is true. And this sick part is that nuclear power is NOT NECESSARY!

We have a choice people. They tell us we have no choice but to accept nuclear power. That is a LIE!

My God this accident could completely destory Japan! Does that seem "safe" to you?

You have got to be kidding me right??? The reactor was built in the 1960's using the highest technology available at the time. This reactor has worked flawlessly for over 40 years. It was, as a matter of fact . slated to be decommissioned this year funny thing. The set of circumstances that lead to this disaster may or may not have been forseeable we just dont know. The real fact is that nuclear power has been a clean reliable source for electricity and I hope will continue to be in the future. More thought needs to go into how and where to store the spent rods or how to neutralize the fuel so that it is no longer a safty issue.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus3

typical double talk like apples and oranges - 1 radioactive isotope can kill you. Go ahead and eat some Cesium to find out. So all this talk of "safe" exposure limits fail to talk about the long term exposure of inhaling or ingesting radioactive particles and then being exposed 24/7 internally for the rest of your life till it kills you maybe 1,5,10+ years later.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

"The set of circumstances that lead to this disaster may or may not have been forseeable we just dont know."

Who in their right mind would build so many nuclear reactors on the most active part of the "ring of fire" where not 2 but 3 plates collide known for its tremendous earthquakes in the first place and then put their only back-up generators down at sea-level in the basements to be washed away by a tsunami!

THIS IS THE KIND OF PLANNING AND PREPAREDNESS YOU GET FROM WHAT IS SUPPOSE TO BE THE MOST TECHNOLOGY ADVANCED ON EARTH? They probably have better backup plans in Mexico! Why didn't they have a better backup of the backups like they wish they had now? Why wasn't this "new" cable connecting the plant to the electric grid already in place and ready to be switched on when they needed it on the day this happened and not a week later after the full-blown meltdowns already occurred. They certainly should know that Nuke plants go critical within 24-48 hours of a station blackout as these did!

Look closely at the aerial views of this site - there is a huge amount of unused land with trees all in the background on the safe inland side of the plant where it is "high and dry" and clearly unaffected by the event and yet they choose to place their operating facilities and backup generators down on the sea-level side of the plant which was all destroyed - that is just plain stupid!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by REalBEL

It was out of control on day one!!! He could do nothing. He is to low on the totem-pole so to speak. If they can shift the focus we will forget that we were angry about reactor in the first place and not that one guy was Forced to lie.

Maybe, he's evil. I doubt it, he's just human.

But I think the Japanese people have to much pride and honor sometimes. Even if he knew he couldn't have said anything or it would have brought shame to his countries leaders who said it was okay.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
Outrageous if you ask me! We have known nuke power was dangerous from the beginning and, in its relatively short history, we have a number of serious accidents that threaten humanity and the world.

What will it take to stop these arrogant greedy bastards from killing or maiming humanity?! Nuclear power IS NOT SAFE! Look at that man's face of shame and grief.

Tell me. How many people have died securing oil, including the wars to stabilize the oil bearing regions, refinery disasters, oil drilling disasters, pollution, etc., compared to how many people who have died because of accidents in nuclear reactors?

I would say it could be 100 to 1. We need nuclear power or some other source other than fossil fuels or we will forever be on the teat of the middle east.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
My problem is this. If the top of the scale for an earthquake is 9.0,why not build something,as fragile a Nuclear Reactor is,to withstand,say 18.0? I know the scale doesn't go up that far,but wouldn't you want to build something to withstand DOUBLE the force,of the highest level? Just an opinion.
The reactors apparently did survive the initial earth quake. It was the following tsunami that caused all the problems by knocking out back up power to keep the cooling systems operational.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Very valid points. But isn't it equally plausible that all the events leading to WWII were simply enacted to further research on Einsteins letter in 1939? History shows that the war was fought both sides using the same companies, Exxon provided oil to Germany through 1944, GE built engines for planes, GM and Ford built Nazi trucks, IBM designed and operated the the machines used in concentration camps, etc. etc. Disney, the Bush family bank, I mean everyone was playing both sides. War is money.

Germany would have ground to a halt without US oil. They could have stopped WWII whenever they wanted by cutting off the flow.

Now 60+ years later we have a nuclear power plant fueled with plutonium from decommissioning warheads.

Just a thought.

inventors.about.com...
edit on 3/19/2011 by utsaME because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/19/2011 by utsaME because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join