It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Finally admit leak will kill people...head of plant breaks down in tears

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
The hippies have been shouting this for years... No nuclear power plants! Now do we all get the picture now??? Time to seriously rid of all nuclear power plants and begin the water and wind power plants full stem ahead before it happens again on a grander scale!

On a side note, I am disgusted as an Australian that we se sell our uranium to the world. Australia says stop the sale of uranium!
edit on 19/3/11 by Australiana because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
About these radiation screening in the U.S From flights originating in Japan. Homeland security has people screening passengers from these flight from Japan with hand held detectors to include cargo. a few people were detected at Chicago today.

Japan radiation sets off O'Hare airport alarms CBS News

My questions is . Our government is telling U.S Citizens that the radiation levels are low and not harmful ,nothing to worry about. Then why all the additional personal with scanners at airports in the U.S. if it's nothing to worry about. ?

No statement as to the readings form these scanners at the airports when a detection is made. and where they take the people too after they have been detected. ?

Now we all remember our president said yesterday "The level of radiation is low. "We do not expect harmful levels of radiation to reach the United States"

hmmmmm.

edit on 19-3-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Australiana

Damn right! Earth Day was a protest! Rivers were on fire, smog choked the cities, and Millions of angry humans said enough. And we actually got something done. But money has destroyed those triumphs and today the EPA grants permission for entire mountains to be removed. How long before the entire planet is one average uniform height and there literally isn't anything left? What's the end game?

Seriously, I want the names of the people who ignored the Risk Assessments at all levels from around the world dating back as far as it goes. I want to engrave there faces in the entombment domes they finally put on these. A monument to man's greed at it's worst.

And I would like to clarify that I'm sure this guy did all that he could and is truly sorry but he is only on TV because of the drama and rating it drums up. They didn't have to shame him. But they need a villain, instead of a solution.
edit on 3/19/2011 by utsaME because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/19/2011 by utsaME because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
You feel sorry for this Man??

More so than the thousands of poor people left in there houses getting bombarded by Radiation.

He will go home to his $1 000 000 apartment gather his family and leave Japan.

The people his company lied to ( don't forget they lied on safety inspections putting money profits first), the people his company lied to will give birth to deformed children and will suffer from cancer. They will not cry because they will have lost all hope. If this guys wants to cry and do something, he can go into the radiation zone and knock on all the doors of the affected people , say sorry and live like them. Go to hell all you CEO's focusing profits over human life. GO TO HELL AND ROT AND PAY YOUR KAMA DEBTS

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I know how Japanese are about honor so hopefully no suicide's will come of this tragedy.
Killing yourself is not honorable and is a perversion of honor. May they be free from that way of thinking. All life is precious. I do feel sorry for this man and all others affected.

Originally posted by REalBEL
GO TO HELL AND ROT AND PAY YOUR KAMA DEBTS

There's no such thing as karmic debt. Think about what you're saying. Karmbic debt is a debt you agreed to before birth. Karmic debt is the argument idiot's have used for the reason this all happened. Blaming the attack on Pearl Harbor & the hunting of whales. A child living under the roof of an abusive parent would mean that child chose his or her situation before being born and that is a lie.
edit on 19-3-2011 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Australiana
The hippies have been shouting this for years... No nuclear power plants! Now do we all get the picture now???

I didn't get the picture, sorry! Nuclear power plants bring LOTS of energy all over world. And it's clean(?)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Well I'm all for alternative energy. Solar energy would be a wonderful thing to harnass. Of course unles the solar energy can somehow be stored well enough, it would not be good all the time, every single day.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Unreal. You cant really blame them for the earthquake, but more safety precautions need to be in place especially in a country that deals with earthquakes on a yearly basis. Theres no excuse for this and every life lost needs to be blamed on cutting corners to save money. Thats the real issue here.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
This is a nightmare for japan as well as the rest of the world , i can only hope that this can be gotten under control but by the looks of things i dont think this is possible.. all thanks to the mega quake ...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Corporations... you know where their priorities lie.... forget people, its all about money. This is the case everywhere these days and its sickening. They were more concerned about their investments. Can you say Psychopath?

Japans delayed response

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SJE98
About these radiation screening in the U.S From flights originating in Japan. Homeland security has people screening passengers from these flight from Japan with hand held detectors to include cargo. a few people were detected at Chicago today.

Japan radiation sets off O'Hare airport alarms CBS News

My questions is . Our government is telling U.S Citizens that the radiation levels are low and not harmful ,nothing to worry about. Then why all the additional personal with scanners at airports in the U.S. if it's nothing to worry about. ?

No statement as to the readings form these scanners at the airports when a detection is made. and where they take the people too after they have been detected. ?

Now we all remember our president said yesterday "The level of radiation is low. "We do not expect harmful levels of radiation to reach the United States"

hmmmmm.

edit on 19-3-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

The last thing our nations want right now, in a recession, is a work force that won't leave their homes because of a radiation cloud. So, while i'm sure those in the know will take precautions, the rest of us sheeple will continue to be told that things aren't that bad....

What evidence is their that our governments would be any more honest with its people than the Japanese were?

hmmmmm, indeed, SJE98

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by eldimoni

I agree - psychopath is the correct term. However, i wouldn't say it's new to business. Psychos have been screwing the rest of us for millennia. How else do folk like Herod disassociate to the point that they can kill every new born baby boy?!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by theghosthunter

Na, I would say that will probably work out the best given the situation........

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Sorry... Missed the part about who it was going to kill?
Are we talking about 'innocent' citizens living in the fallout zone? Or the brave 'Fukushima 50' + JSDF personnel who have stayed back trying to fix the situation, thus exposing themselves to potentially lethal doses of radiation?

I read that no plant worker is allowed a dosage of more than 100 (or 250?) millisieverts. Ok Lets make that 200 millisieverts.
Is that a lethal dose? Not according to my interpretation of the chart halfway through the page linked here. Even the percentage risk of cancer is up by only 1% with exposure of greater than 500 millisieverts.

And if the heroic workers are not allowed a cumulative dosage of more than 100-250 millisieverts, then who are the citizens who will die?
Confusing...

EDIT: After a brief skim through of this thread, I am surprised that nobody brought up what I talked about here. I would like to say some things about/to the hippie fearmongerers here, but I will hold back. It shocks me that such an uninformed thread finds it way to the main page of ATS, a very popular disc board with a motto of 'Denying Ignorance' !!!!! Is this the mental demography of ATS?

edit on 19-3-2011 by Daedalus3 because: Shocking lack of data in the thread.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
They have had another aftershock which is quite big, if you had a 6.1 you too would feel it and feel scared so it is not like because it is 6.1 which is miles away from a 9 it does not mean anything.

Imagine if mount Fuji was woken up? Now that is what I call plagues in which I call is biblical proportions.

Japan’s mainland rocked by magnitude 6.1 aftershock
www.thejournal.ie...

JAPAN’S MAINLAND has been hit by a significant aftershock – the largest to have struck inland since last Friday’s main magnitude-9.0 earthquake.

The seismic event – registering a magnitude of 6.1, according to the US Geological Survey – was also unusually shallow, striking just a kilometre under the surface.

Its epicentre was about 72 miles south-west of Tokyo – and only a few kilometres away from Mount Fuji, which remains semi-active, although it has not had a full eruption since 1708.

The quake struck at 1:31pm Irish time and was felt by many in Tokyo itself, which has escaped largely unharmed since Friday’s quake and the resulting tsunami.

It also struck in a region of the country which had largely escaped any direct seismic activity thus far; the area to the south-west of Tokyo had not witnessed any quakes thus far, with only four quakes striking in the waters off the country’s west.

Local television reported that the quake had caused fires in Tokyo’s Fujinomiya and Shizuoka prefectures, and there were injuries reported in the latter district as well as scattered power outages.

The quake also caused significant outages to public transport, with bullet trains and metro systems in the city slowing to a halt.

The 6.1-magnitude quake was mirrored by a quake of magnitude 5.8 to the north-east of Tokyo – which, too, struck a mere kilometre below the surface of the earth.

Another quake – just minutes later – struck slightly to the west of that one, though its own depth of 21.3km helped to dampen its effects, with a magnitude of 5.2.

The rolling count for the total number of earthquakes in Japan and its offshore territories in the last seven days now stands at 484 as of 2:15pm Irish time.

Text

www.foxnews.com...

On Saturday evening, Japan was rattled by 6.1-magnitude aftershock, with an epicenter just south of the troubled nuclear plants. The temblor, centered 150 kilometers northeast of Tokyo, caused buildings in the capital to shake.

Text

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

I don't know how they remain so calm. Early in the morning last July we had a 3.6 centered about 20 miles away (not in what is considered at all to be an earthquake prone area) and I jumped out of my chair and ran outside to see if a truck had crashed into the house. It was the talk of the town at the grocery store later in the day.

Hope this new one hasn't contributed to any more damage.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I can't make a new thread yet- but this is pretty important:
Abnormally high levels of radiation were detected in spinach and milk not far from the Fukushima Plant.

Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano said levels of radiation found in some but not all samples of spinach and milk from the Fukushima and Ibaraki prefectures exceeded the limits stipulated by Japan's food safety law.

www.cnn.com...

Now the real question is; how long has radiation been leaking into the food from there? It takes a while for a cow to eat enough radiated grass to show elevated levels of radiation in milk products.
If they have been leaking into the countryside for a while- maybe this whole horrible event is a 'hidden blessing' that will prevent a worst catastrophe over time.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
They're trying to calm down everyone here saying that it's under control...

*I hope they're right or we're leaving soon"

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by elfie

Elfie? Last July we had a 3.6 centered on the next ranch over from ours- about a mile 1/2 away. It cracked flagstone grout, lifted a section of the house (floor has a 4in roller coaster bump now there under the carpet). It was pretty wild. And we aren't in what is considered a quake prone area. I can't even begin to imagine going through anything more serious than that.
edit on 19-3-2011 by Stratus9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by elfie
reply to post by The time lord

I don't know how they remain so calm. Early in the morning last July we had a 3.6 centered about 20 miles away (not in what is considered at all to be an earthquake prone area) and I jumped out of my chair and ran outside to see if a truck had crashed into the house. It was the talk of the town at the grocery store later in the day.

Hope this new one hasn't contributed to any more damage.

We had one here in the UK 2 years ago that was quite shocking too, I was on the PC at the time and I my chair rolled back and my garden sounded like the wall fell down.

Japan is used to it I guess, the city buildings are made to withstand these tremours, not a lot of countries are built to wistand them as well as Japan so even little quakes can effect them. Plus the people are warned at a young age how to cope with them, we are not and I don't even know our buildings could stand up to a big quake.
edit on 19-3-2011 by The time lord because: added more reasons

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join