It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Finally admit leak will kill people...head of plant breaks down in tears

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by tomjones69

Lets also realize that this could pose a major threat to a major world power and a country that I believe the USA worries about greatly and that is China. My heart goes out to the people of Japan. To those on the west-coast of North America, do your best to be prepared. Remember it is in the government's interest to keep people calm and they will go to extreme measures to do so even if it means hiding the real potential truth. This is what happened in Japan when the government told people near the plant to stay sealed in their homes. Those people now have a death sentence.
edit on 19-3-2011 by tomjones69 because: edit

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by richaado

How do you know his mind? What if he's genuinely remorseful?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Some of you guys are saying that the radiation dosage is more at higher levels, I am going up to the mountains next wednesday here in Southern California, would it affect me?

It is about 6600ft at the peak.
edit on 19-3-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
The image of the director crying will forever be embeded in my find. I couldn't ever begin to fathom what is going through his head and how he feels. That emotion he is feeling is on a level that a extremely small amount of people will ever experience. May he build a stronger character through the experience that he is currently undertaking, it takes a very mentally strong man to hold himself up through the days with this type of burden.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Some Earthquake! I wonder what the activity was at HAARP on the 11th, just a week ago, and I don't see any truths being buried---not like the US with 9-11--- only bodies to be buried.

Does the US want it's Treasury Bonds back? Well I understand that Japan is a wealthy enough country to rebuild on its own.

As far as the NWO is concerned, things that are happening now are made to happen! That's the scuttlebutt!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DogsDogsDogs
What I find scary/ telling is that if the Japanese can't pull off nuclear energy production safely, who can? They are fanatical about safety (imo) and light yeears ahead of the rest of the world in technology.
We (the human race) has *really* stepped in it this time.

God Bless them!

Oh really?

As the Telegraph is reporting, an official from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) said in December 2008 that safety rules were outdated, and strong earthquakes would pose a "serious problem" for the power stations. Among the other shocking disclosures: Taro Kono, a high-profile member of Japan's lower house, told U.S. diplomats in October 2008 that the government was "covering up" nuclear accidents and ignoring alternative forms of energy, including wind power, according to the Washington Post.

source

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Great post!

This is a little off topic but still sort of on topic.

How about this. We are approaching a point of constant habit and zero novelty in the universe. Let me first state that this is based on a mathematical theory popularized by Terence McKenna with his "Time Wave Novelty Theory". The most improbable event in time is the Big Bang representing 100% novelty. A billionth of a second later the first reaction and reaction after reaction but now events repeat more and more often representing habit or the repetition of a previous occurrence. But very shortly after the big bang probability became a factor causing many of the most improbable events to occur when novelty is at it's lowest, or the end of time. So, at the end of time it would be much more likely to find an intelligent species on the verge of self destruction, on a planet that is about to be destroyed by a large stellar body (Elenin), which some how magically has a 12/21/2012 final alignment with the earth and sun or maybe we get thrown into our own sun, a NWO on the verge of exterminate 6 billion of its own species, and to finish it off the SR of the earth reaches a constant 13Hz and the human mind reaches an Omega moment where we have as many human minds as neurons and we spontaneously transition into the fourth dimension and become creatures of consciousness. And don't think we're all going to when the lotto on one night, it may have already happened a million times through-out the universe over the billions of years. But the point is we would see the most improbable chain of events coming to pass and when the universe plays, it's rough. Add a CME that destroys 30,000 years of technological innovation, a 9.0 quake that triggers a tsunami and causes a possible 6 reactor melt down, government manipulated the weather and radiation falls in the ocean, etc.

When McKenna compared the probability of Hiroshima and it's place on the chart of time created in Novelty Theory he found that time ends 12/21/2012.

I want alien lesbians humanoids to swoop in, too.

Omega Point

I know Twenty-Twelve is a huge part of our collective conscience these days but it's worth considering.
edit on 3/19/2011 by utsaME because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by lowlowz
I just ordered my Potassium Iodide
even if only "low doses" of radiation will get to the US I think it will be helpful to have a higher blood level of this because who knows what other radiation sources we are already exposed to every day : / Potassium Iodide

Get some KELP and some MISO PASTE and start it whenever you want, MISO PASTE is good for other chemical poison besides Radiation also.
Save the Potassium Iodide for the real deal.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by utsaME

You always sum up the end cycle quite nicely. I look forward to reading it again next time. Have a good trip

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by a-being-?

all that you say is possible, its very hard to get at the truth these days.

i wonder why it took so long to get a cable to the pumps? was it 6 days? the overhead wires are already close and they must have miles and miles of cable in stock in a country that most likely makes it. the electrical infra structure is already in place and power is available from distant plants. its all interconnected. why so long? is it deliberate?

who approved the site of building in the first place? they surely must know that an 80 foot tsunami hit in the north east in 1896.(meiji sanaiku) washing 9000 homes away.

why were not the back up generators installed on the 3rd or 4th story in a water proof room? otherwise they dont deserve the title "back up"

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tallone
We do not NEED to live under the threat of nuclear radiation.

The facts here are cold and heartless. It is difficult to disregard the tears of that man, but his misery is nothing compared to what his organization has brought upon the Japanese people. This is a sign of immense stress in one individual. But TEPCO the organization he heads has shown the most blatent disregard for safety standards imaginable over decades. It has had a shocking history of mismanagement over safety issues. Basically they are guilty of being immensely greedy.

Many Japanese workers have died because of accidents in TEPCO power facilities. 1998, and Tokai Mura springs immediately to mind. Workers told to carry out buckets of radioactive water by hand to a disposal area following a major accident in one plant, and told to clean the liqued from the floor by hand. Several of these workers died of radiation poisoning later. As a recent Wikileaks releases proves TEPCO was warned three years ago their old power plants were unsafe and not up to withstanding the trauma of a natural disaster. They chose to ignore the warnings.

The very fact the Japanese government has still not stepped in booted TEPCO off the Fukushima site is testimony to just how much these politicians are tied into the nuclear industry in Japan.

Many Japanese will suffer untold more than those directly affected by the earthquake and tsunami. The nuclear disaster will remain for hundreds upon hundreds of years. There will be in Michio Kaku's words 'a deadzone' around the power plant in Fukushima. Fukashima by the way can be regarded as gone, the entire city. The radiation cloud will impact directly on people who breath in radioactive particulates and indirectly through the food chain, particularly I would think seafood. Remember the Japanese diet is very high in food from the sea.

In the US power plants are the same 40 year old mark 1 BMR reactors as those in the Fukushima plant that did not survive the trauma of the earthquake and tsunami. In the US numerous nuclear power plants are located next to fault lines. In the US spent fuel rods are also stored in reactor buildings in numerous plants just as in the Fukushima no.4 reactor building. Neither China nor Germany follow such a practice.

If you think you are safe from such a disaster in your own country, then think again. A big quake and a tsunami are definitely on the cards for areas on the West coast, where several nuclear power plants are located.

What can be learnt from this? Well for a start, how about not minimalizing the outcomes of such a disaster. Many of the radioactive by products of a melt down have a half life a good deal longer than one hundred years. Entire areas of a country affected will be dead for a very long time.

What this event has shown us is that all of these nuclear institutions are empty shells when it comes to offering a solution in the event of a catastrophe such as this. The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) is revealed as nothing but an enabler for the nuclear energy industry to establish new power plants around the globe. When a disaster like this occurs they can do absolutely nothing at all.

We do not NEED nuclear energy.

Those who build these things and advise on how to build these things make a fortune out of them. They need more. Its like building more roads to lower the density of traffic in a city, it simply encourages more traffic. In the case of nuclear power, it encourages more wasteful use of energy resources by corporations. Meanwhile the safety of the people is threatened, and all for increased profit of giant mult-national-conglomerates and politicians.

That has got to be the most intelligent and thought out post I have ever read on this site....Thank You !!!
7 years and counting.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Blaming this man will not help the current situation.Neither will taking him out of his job.Seeing he probably knows more about the reactors then anybody.

If they are saying it is safe then why is this man crying?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by GodIsPissed

According to FOX those are tears of joy.
edit on 19-3-2011 by JohnnyTHSeed because: jk

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I feel for the poor guy and the Japanese people.I have heard the hysterical cries about a massive radiation cloud headed to California.Interestingly enough those claims are followed up by ads for gold and all the other "survival." stuff...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by dnvrliz

yeah we're all gifted nuclear physicist after the fact aren't we. we have a tragedy here on earth and many lives have been lost. if they can undo this mess they would.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

I can't imagine any human being wouldn't be remorseful/sorry.

But is this the guy who should be doing the apologising? My point is that it's people higher up the corporate ladder than him who should be pointed at with cameras.

The Japanese bigwigs always get emotional on TV and say sorry and that's the end of it.

Well this time heads should roll. ... Despite tears.

edit on 19-3-2011 by richaado because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
reply to post by elfie

so thats where all the boron from korea that they bought is gonan go but how in the heck are they gonan get 50 tonnes of boron there with out machines? the logistics is a nightmare

I know.
The logistics are stunning which ever avenue they take. I think we would have had plenty of news about the water cannons the US military was bringing in a few days ago if they were having any significant effect (or even if they were up and running).

S-64 Skycrane

Sikorsky CH-53K Super Stallion

However, it can be done!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
www.dailymail.co.uk...

The moment nuclear plant chief WEPT as Japanese finally admit that radiation leak is serious enough to kill people. Please look at the article and take a look at the 'exposed' reactor. Finally they are admitting that they did not act fast enough, I think the truth is coming to light now in the next 24 hours about the long term affects.

That picture is scary....

This is extremely misleading, that photo does NOT show the reactor at all. The crane and spent pool sit on top of the hardened containment that houses the reactor. The walls above the containment unit blew out in a hydrogen explosion, this has been known for many days.

The article form the daily mail is also extremely misleading. If the spent pool had boiled dry it would be immediately obvious from the extremely elevated radiation readings coming from the plant. The rate of boil off is such that the pools will not be dry at this point in time. The only way they would be dry is if the pools have been punctured and the water inside has been released.

There have not been sustained high radiation readings that would indicate a complete boil-off of the spent pools. The Mail is scaremongering to sell newspapers. Which is obvious since they are still peddling the "Chernobyl" line to scare readers.

Similarly the statement about encasing in concrete is also not new, if there are serious containment breaches then erecting a concrete casing will be needed. This wont be known until they can properly assess the damage, and only if they cannot cool the material before then.

There remains a chance that a large amount of radiation could escape. That has not happened. An deaths will likely be the workers that are doing a heroic job to cool the reactors and supply the spent pools.

I know this is a conspiracy site but there are very few people here that are actually interested in denying ignorance...seriously...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by GodIsPissed

I'm still a bit skeptical. Not to disparage the Japanese people in any way but they do have a history of this. Minamata Disease, otherwise known as Mercury Poisoning. Every country does it. Hmm.... Gulf War Syndrome turns out to be radiation poisoning from DU rounds, odds an American will die from cancer (1:2) and where did most of the fallout of WWII land? Aspartame showing a direct 90% correlation to nearly every form of cancer in lab rats and the corporate system forced through anyway resulting in astronomical jumps in cancers especially in infant and child populations due to the accumulative effects, farmers and in fact the entire world becoming sterile because of pesticides so harmful that the fish and frogs are turning into homogeneous female species and going extinct, whales near the mouth polluted rivers getting cancer at the same rate as American's, I don't think anyone gives a sh#t about anything but money anymore. He cries because it's part of the drama. Why would they send in the Japanese Air Force and Army day freaking one, when a swift end to a catastrophe isn't what viewers want.

Let's face it no one is in charge, and I mean of anything. We are living in the craziest place in the Universe. A group of oddly intelligent devolved apes have shat upon, divided, and destroyed the trillions of linchpins necessary for their very existence. It's one big corporate computer system built around universal self-interest. There's a word for this, a sociopath.

I have been thinking very much about our collective existence this week, with the event's unfolding who isn't. I have come to the conclusion that the genesis of consciousness was the very first guilt experienced, probably murder, constituting the first introspective thought. Animals exhibit every emotion that we do except guilt. We correlate Pavlovian responses of animals cowering in expectation of pain as expression of guilt. But why would an animal regret anything that it did unless you are willing to grant it consciousness a level of our own, capable of introspective thought.

So, I fear that nothing will change. They are prolonging this for ratings, while legislators around the world are enacting laws handed down from their corporate masters, who in turn must spend astronomical amounts of time and effort on a new age of propaganda where conscious choice has slowly been driven out of the entire species and we have reverted to nothing but habitual mono-tone lives where no one is an individual. That's the irony to me. Every single one of you just thought "not me." Yes. you. We have been so brainwashed by our own ludicrous self interest that we continue to buy things in some insane mass delusion that money is anything at all. It's a word and that word will be the death of us.

Let's face it, these corporate pricks have been using every single f@cking crisis from drought to catastrophy against us since we called them priests in the Fertile Crescent, we're all slaves. Only some astonishingly abnormally insane devolved apes got the great idea that money could be a person and bang humanity enslaved itself completely, king and serf together. Why isn't this our turn? Seriously, aren't you tired of this crap? They will continue to lie because you would do the same thing if it was your, job too. There's no agenda. What has the US government done other then slowly cut all spending but war and energy since 1970? Nothing! It's fake!

This guy is crying because we're (the viewing public) not buying it any more and they must maintain confidence that this artificial world of homo-invincible and the new priest hood of technology to save us. Technology as a solution to an immediate problem is what got us into this. We must start thinking only of the earth and each other or WE will kill ourselves.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
This is why we need to abandon nuclear energy as it stands today! It's too dangerous and can seriously muck things up! It's time we take in mind the alternatives, like Thorium.

the difference between Th and U fuels is the capability to breed more fuel in a slow neutron spectrum, the fission products are nearly the same, while pure Th / U233 fuel would greatly reduce the amount of plutonium and other transuranics

en.wikipedia.org...

Reactor design would likely be quite different (liquid fueled) but the amount decay heat would be the same, so i don't see Th/u233 reactors alleviating this particular problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join