It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Finally admit leak will kill people...head of plant breaks down in tears

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
you right because there is not much left they can do .

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
The tears speak louder than words, They care about people...very rare thing, Much love, respect and hope for japan

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by OneLife
reply to post by RickyD

It seems that their are a number of Japanese citizens who actively have voiced protest on building Nuclear Reactors on the Island, since 1975,and in the rest of the world.

CNIC was established in 1975 in Tokyo

Stop RokkashoStop Rokkasho

The proposed Kaminoseki Nuclear Power Plant is to be built on landfill in a national park in Japan's well-known and picturesque Inland Sea. For three decades, local residents, fishermen, and environmental activists have opposed the plant. The Inland Sea has been the site of intense seismic activity, yet the utility involved continues with its plans.

The utility continues with its plans no matter what we say. GE continues with it's plans no matter what we say. Well it is time they are held responsible for these decisions. All of them held responsible.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Dude, for now on...Im just going to go with Dr. Michio Kaku for now on...

He was right about the big one hitting. He told people on national tv that people should be away from the fault lines...

He was right about sand bagging the Nuclear Plant ASAP.

Here he is again with more details...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kathael

Yeah, but saving face is exactly what they did. I don't think it's sad, he's probably crying because he finally had to admit the truth. Failure...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
we've had decades of nuclear power ....where they hell are the Earth
atomic rangers?seriously every country on this planet spends tons teaching their warriors how to kill. wherE does some of that profit come back as how to SAVE.?????

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
"Dr. Michio Kaku" "comfortable" with "rich" sensibilities without being super rich, I am sure that's "science"

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

"Earth Atomic Rangers"? Yeah and they'd only have to act once every 32 years and even then that's a big IF, if there was a 9.0 earthquake in the exact spot that would create a Tsunami in the right direction and cause a cascading failure of not 1 not 2 but 6 Nuclear Reactors...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
This may sound extreme, but the science is sound. A small nuclear explosion, properly applied, will vaporize the entire facility, including all reactors, stopping all meltdowns. Now before you start screaming, understand that the amount of material in a warhead is miniscule to what is in just one of those troubled reactors, and the blast can be controlled to send the fallout to wherever it will do the least harm. I am speaking of a very small field-level nuke here.

If the meldowns cannot be stopped, they will spew dangerous radiation for hundreds of years. Vaporizing those rods will stop the meltdowns, and a controlled explosion will not do any more harm than has already been done. In fact the area will be quite livable very quickly. Look at what happened at chernobyl, it's still too dangerous to live there, and that was just one reactor.

One *small* nuke. The reaction stops. The fallout is sent to where WE want it to go.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
We do not NEED to live under the threat of nuclear radiation.

The facts here are cold and heartless. It is difficult to disregard the tears of that man, but his misery is nothing compared to what his organization has brought upon the Japanese people. This is a sign of immense stress in one individual. But TEPCO the organization he heads has shown the most blatent disregard for safety standards imaginable over decades. It has had a shocking history of mismanagement over safety issues. Basically they are guilty of being immensely greedy.

Many Japanese workers have died because of accidents in TEPCO power facilities. 1998, and Tokai Mura springs immediately to mind. Workers told to carry out buckets of radioactive water by hand to a disposal area following a major accident in one plant, and told to clean the liqued from the floor by hand. Several of these workers died of radiation poisoning later. As a recent Wikileaks releases proves TEPCO was warned three years ago their old power plants were unsafe and not up to withstanding the trauma of a natural disaster. They chose to ignore the warnings.

The very fact the Japanese government has still not stepped in booted TEPCO off the Fukushima site is testimony to just how much these politicians are tied into the nuclear industry in Japan.

Many Japanese will suffer untold more than those directly affected by the earthquake and tsunami. The nuclear disaster will remain for hundreds upon hundreds of years. There will be in Michio Kaku's words 'a deadzone' around the power plant in Fukushima. Fukashima by the way can be regarded as gone, the entire city. The radiation cloud will impact directly on people who breath in radioactive particulates and indirectly through the food chain, particularly I would think seafood. Remember the Japanese diet is very high in food from the sea.

In the US power plants are the same 40 year old mark 1 BMR reactors as those in the Fukushima plant that did not survive the trauma of the earthquake and tsunami. In the US numerous nuclear power plants are located next to fault lines. In the US spent fuel rods are also stored in reactor buildings in numerous plants just as in the Fukushima no.4 reactor building. Neither China nor Germany follow such a practice.

If you think you are safe from such a disaster in your own country, then think again. A big quake and a tsunami are definitely on the cards for areas on the West coast, where several nuclear power plants are located.

What can be learnt from this? Well for a start, how about not minimalizing the outcomes of such a disaster. Many of the radioactive by products of a melt down have a half life a good deal longer than one hundred years. Entire areas of a country affected will be dead for a very long time.

What this event has shown us is that all of these nuclear institutions are empty shells when it comes to offering a solution in the event of a catastrophe such as this. The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) is revealed as nothing but an enabler for the nuclear energy industry to establish new power plants around the globe. When a disaster like this occurs they can do absolutely nothing at all.

We do not NEED nuclear energy.

Those who build these things and advise on how to build these things make a fortune out of them. They need more. Its like building more roads to lower the density of traffic in a city, it simply encourages more traffic. In the case of nuclear power, it encourages more wasteful use of energy resources by corporations. Meanwhile the safety of the people is threatened, and all for increased profit of giant mult-national-conglomerates and politicians.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by woghd

Your gonna keep clutching on to that theory aren't you? You want to fire a Nuclear Missile at a Nuclear Plant...

I wanna be Spider-Man too, maybe i can get over there and get bitten by a Radioactive Spider...

edit on 3/19/2011 by Brainiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
This is very sad, I feel for the people of Japan, and hope that this event can be contained as soon as possible not oly for the people in Japan but for the rest of the world.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by nithaiah
tl;dr: Nuclear kills fewer people than wind turbines.

Does that include all the deaths associated with Chernobyl?
www.ens-newswire.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Creatrix1
Yesterday I found this site:
www.radiationnetwork.com...
showing radiation levels in the States, automatically updating.

I have a question. This site is showing Denver-ish area as quite high (75 at the moment) in comparison to California. The higher elevation you go more radiation you are exposed to right. Should that area be concerned as well, or is this radiation from something else?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Folks I want to make it clear that I am not a fear monger and I have been reading on this site for some time. Can we look into every possibility with an open mind and not insult those who are being free-thinking and open-minded. Has anyone considered that this is all a set-up. I believe people as smart as the Japanese would have known when building this nuke plant that it was in an extremely dangerous area. Now take into consideration this. Imagine if the USA knew that Japan was due for a massive quake and could trigger it with a massive underwater bomb. If you were to place a bomb at the ocean floor near where the seismic plates come together and where there is already built up pressure a major detonation could unleash the chain of events that has occured imo. And yes even the the volcanic erruption. Never let anyone tell you that you can not think outside the box. Do you trust Obama and the US goverment. Do you trust CNN, Then you had better believe in the depopulation plan that they do. I do not think Obama could care less about the people of Japan or those vulnerable on the shores of the west coast of North America. In this world of man made problems, never underestimate what the cause is that could have triggered this event. Yes, it is most likely a natural disaster not caused by such a sinister method but what I am saying is open your minds and realize that everything is not always as it seems. Regarding the nuke plant, I believe that the worst is yet to come and I am not happy to say that. Tc, tom.
edit on 19-3-2011 by tomjones69 because: spelling error

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kalamatas

Short threat on Denver radiation level. But to answer your question yes. The atmosphere protects us from the radiation surrounding and bombarding our planet. So, the higher you go the larger your dose.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 3/19/2011 by utsaME because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Wow this seems to be (officially confirmed) bad, just yesterday my local news here in Denmark reported that they had gotten a cable to power the backup generators, but i guess that obviously did not happen. Another thing that has been boggin me... didn't they state that the reactors had run out of cooling fluid and so therefore resorted to use sea water? it's almost a week since the plant disaster, numerous countries have been reported by the news to offer help, so could they not have shipped or flown some more heavy water or cooling fluid whatever that consist of to the plant and sprayed that on instead of sea water ? I have just been curious about that perhaps someone here can enlighten me further as to why that was/is not possible. I really hope they manage to somehow mend the damage or limit it as it's already a dire situation. I would like to say thanks to all here at ATS for bringing news and contributing with information in this thread as well as other .

To Japan Nihon Gambatte Kudasai You are strong full of honor and a ever burning spirit of dedication and strong will, see you on the other side in the future that is to come. to the workers fighting the clock, what you do is what makes a human shine . with great admiration and gratefulness Sebastian.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by woghd
This may sound extreme, but the science is sound. A small nuclear explosion, properly applied, will vaporize the entire facility, including all reactors, stopping all meltdowns. Now before you start screaming, understand that the amount of material in a warhead is miniscule to what is in just one of those troubled reactors, and the blast can be controlled to send the fallout to wherever it will do the least harm. I am speaking of a very small field-level nuke here.

If the meldowns cannot be stopped, they will spew dangerous radiation for hundreds of years. Vaporizing those rods will stop the meltdowns, and a controlled explosion will not do any more harm than has already been done. In fact the area will be quite livable very quickly. Look at what happened at chernobyl, it's still too dangerous to live there, and that was just one reactor.

One *small* nuke. The reaction stops. The fallout is sent to where WE want it to go.

Excellent idea! Blast nuclear radiation all around the world. *FACE PALM*

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brainiac
reply to post by kathael

Yeah, but saving face is exactly what they did. I don't think it's sad, he's probably crying because he finally had to admit the truth. Failure...

Crocodile tears most likely. I'm not saying he isn't genuinely sorry, but this happens all the time here. Especially with something serious.

Tears might fool people who don't know this commonly used Japanese trick. But it doesn't have any effect on me.

new topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join