It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Finally admit leak will kill people...head of plant breaks down in tears

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+43 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

The moment nuclear plant chief WEPT as Japanese finally admit that radiation leak is serious enough to kill people. Please look at the article and take a look at the 'exposed' reactor. Finally they are admitting that they did not act fast enough, I think the truth is coming to light now in the next 24 hours about the long term affects.

That picture is scary....

edit on 18-3-2011 by esdad71 because: picture

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Whats is that picture showing ?

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This is horribly sad. I hope no one blames it on them. You can tell they're heartbroken by what happened.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Well at least we know they care..

Even if they were lieing. And obviously lieing.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

Exposed: this shots shows a gaping hole in the building of reactor number four. The green crane, circled, is normally used to move spent fuel rods into a 45ft deep storage pond, just out of shot. But the pool has now boiled dry and the spent rods are heating up and releasing radiation

This is a sad picture.

Overwhelmed: Tokyo Electric Power Company Managing Director Akio Komiri cries as he leaves after a press conference in Fukushima

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Boiled dry: This shot shows of the inside of reactor number four at the Fukushima nuclear plant before the disaster. The spent fuel storage pool is seen at the front of the shot. The rods are at the bottom of the pool, which has now boiled dry Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 18-3-2011 by inthemass because: add info pics

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour
reply to post by esdad71

Whats is that picture showing ?

From the article

Exposed: this shots shows a gaping hole in the building of reactor number four. The green crane, circled, is normally used to move spent fuel rods into a 45ft deep storage pond, just out of shot. But the pool has now boiled dry and the spent rods are heating up and releasing radiation

+25 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
That is so sad. There are people there who have done and are still doing whatever they can think of, to lesson this disaster. That is still something. I can't even begin to imagine how overwhelmed they must be with the multiple disasters ongoing (earthquake/tsunami and the nuclear reactors) it really is just beyond imagining...
edit on 18-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

link   
Yeah, I had just post this on another thread... terribly sad. WTF took them so long? Saving face is a terrible excuse..

link   

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Radiation is streaming into the atmosphere from the used uranium rods at reactor number four, after a 45ft-deep storage pool designed to keep them stable boiled dry in a fire.
And some of the radioactive material could reach Britain within a fortnight, according to experts.
However they say it will not be dangerous when it reaches our shores while low levels of radiation have already hit Southern California.

I'm in Northern California, so I'm thinking if low levels of radiation are in southern cali...thats not good. Do i seriously need to get a geiger counter? what is the danger level here? But gee man, I feel bad for the Japanese right now.
edit on 18-3-2011 by nrd101 because: quote prob

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nrd101

I'm in So. Cal and i've been thinking about purchasing a Geiger Counter. It would be worth the money IMO. Let's hope it doesn't get any worse....
edit on 18-3-2011 by inthemass because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

EXCELLENT catch. S&F&

...And it's still not under control.

Deputy director general of the NISA, Hideohiko Nishiyama, also admitted that they do not know if the reactors are coming under control.

He said: 'With the water-spraying operations, we are fighting a fire we cannot see. That fire is not spreading, but we cannot say yet that it is under control.'

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by nrd101

If I were you, probably picking up the Bible and saying a prayer would be a good idea. I'll pray for you too buddy.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by inthemass

Yes, definitely buy a counter. You're going to need it, it's now essential for everyone that lives in California.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by theghosthunter

That was a little harsh dont you think?
Anyways, I cannot even believe this is really happening.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Kill people where? Obviously in, near and around the Fukushima reactor.

But this doesn't mean I have to start taking my KI pills here in Oregon, does it?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzscapez

Hmm, maybe it was, but you guys in California are in my thoughts, I will pray for you. xx

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Very sad for japan, i love those people. I'm gonna have to adopt a few even though I don't have much space.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nrd101

if the low levels that have supposedly already reached aren't even making a mark on the readings people are independently taking or showing up on radiationnetwork.com (which they're not) you don't have to be worried at the moment quite honestly.

Please don't buy into the panic that some people are saying a "deadly" cloud is on it's way across the pacific, at this point I think that's basically bull.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

I'm guessing this is more in relation to the people working on and near the reactors and in the cities surrounding rather than 6000 miles away at that point. Only very low levels (pretty much unreadable ones) may have hit the coast. I say may have because there hasn't been significant enough spikes to suggest any significant new radiation has arrived so we don't even know if its hit yet

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join